1999 Dodge Ram 1500

$945–$9,997

Overall

really??

by test drive from | February 11, 2013

I test drove this truck at sid's while sid dillion is a great place for a vehicle this truck is not. Gas pedal is hard to the push, and truck does not just get up and go like a V8 should. rear driver side has dent under the bumper. some rust but not bad. Sales manager did not seem to care when I spoke with him rather it would sale or not. Found another truck with better dealer. Sorry sid got to go somewhere else on this one.

still going

by bob from Lakemoor, IL | July 16, 2012

I've owned this truck for ten years. It has 230,000 miles. Parts have worn out and had to be replaced, but that is to be expected. It's a little tough to drive in the winter (2wd) but I rarely get stuck. 5.2 is a reliable engine. Still runs smooth.Tranny is silly, have had to learn how to coax power out of it. Probable could be fixed with a reflash. Rust in all the normal spots, lower doors, and tailgate. Couldn't have asked for a more reliable truck.

Great Truck

by Very Happy from Carson City, NV | July 2, 2011

This truck has done everything. Hauled heavy loads with no problem. Loaded it with a ton of hay no problem. Only items replaced is what wore out. No major repairs. It is a great truck. It has 210,000 miles on it now and still no problems. Great value. I cannot use it for a commuter vehicle because it only averages 14 - 15 miles per gallon & I drive over a 100 miles a day. I am not sure which V8 engine it has.

Perfect truck for work

by Farmer that needs a REAL truck from Otisco, NY | May 22, 2011

i bought this truck in 2008 for 1600 dollars and it was worth every penny, it has 111,000 miles on it and everything is completely original. there is some rust from off roading through corn fields with fertilizer but can be easily fixed. i have used this truck to tow everything imaginable. it has out-performed every ford and chevy i have ever owned and is farrrrr more reliable. i put 33s on this truck and the 4WD in it ticks like a clock. people may say that dodges have problems with transmissions but i also own a 1998 5.2 V8 with 258,000 miles and is the original transmission and engine. my 5.9 is a beast and all ive added other than the tires is a k&n air filter and intake which has made it even more of an animal. i would recommend this truck to anyone who is looking for a good truck and doesnt have the money to waste repairing it every week.

Total Money Pit! Unreliable!!

by One unsatisfied customer! from Great Falls, MT | May 1, 2011

I have had the truck for 7 months and have had to replace the heater core and 2 head gaskets and now the transmission is failing. Do not buy this truck!! It is a money pit!!!!!

best truck ever

by petethedriver from Itasca,IL | April 11, 2009

I got this truck brand new. i've never had to change anything to it. the 4x4 works great going through mud and up hills. I will keep this truck for the rest of my life.

best truck i've owned

by playdrty4x4 from Ragland,AL | December 10, 2008

I have a '99 Dodge Ram 1500 sport 4x4 and I bought it in 2005. It has been great. The transmission was rebuilt at 115,000 because it wasn't shifting right...it has 160,000 on it now and has done great. The kick down cable broke and it was having problems shifting into 2nd gear but it was easy to fix and I have had no problems since. I love how big the interior is it is very comfortable. This truck will also pull anything and it does great in the woods.

Very Reliable

by Off roader from Elkton, MD | February 29, 2008

When I was in the process of looking for a truck I had alot of people tell me not to buy a dodge because the transmission goes out at 50,000 miles. I can now honestly say that that is not true. I have 170,000 miles on my 99 Dodge Ram with the original powertrain and have had no major problems so far. This truck is an absolute workhorse. Push it as hard as you can an this truck will take it all in stride. I have the 5.2 and even though its only rated at 230 horsepower this truck is very fast. I have raced Fords, Chevys, GMCs, and none of them can touch me when this truck gets going. Mine is a 4 wheel drive regular cab long bed and it is very formidable off road. I put 33in tires on an have yet to get stuck or even close to getting stuck. I worked at a marina for a few years and this truck will pull 40ft boats out of the water with no problems in 4 low. This is an amazing truck and I would recommend it to anybody who needs a hard working truck. The only problem is gas mileage. Even for a 4 wheel drive truck its horrible. I get between 10 in town and 14 on the highway, averaging out at a little less than 12 using it as my daily driver

Overall A Great Truck

by Truck Man from Chestertown, MD | January 4, 2008

I own a 99 Dodge Ram that I bought in 2004 and I have never had a major problem with it. At around 140,000 miles I had to replace both U joints on the front axle because they were loose and were making alot of noise. I still have the original transmission and at 160,000 miles it still runs fine. Its a little slower to accelerate than other trucks Ive driven but I still have no problem passing or getting up to highway speeds. The only complaint I have about this truck is the gas mileage. My trucks is a 5.9 and I get around 12mpg using it as my daily driver.

Great Running Trucks

by Another Wise Consumer from Florida | November 30, 2007

As always, Dodge hit a home run in 1999 with their Dodge Ram 1500 pick-ups. Stylish, reliable, comfortable, plenty of space and worth every penny!

Featured Services for this Dodge Ram 1500