2002 Dodge Ram 1500

Available in 16 styles:  2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Regular Cab 120.5" WB shown

Overall

02 ram 1500 4x4 4.7

by bo from connecticut | November 4, 2013

bought this truck 02 dodge ram 4x4 short bed 4.7 used 10 months ago with low miles 70 k after iput another 10k on it everything starts to break.heater core went no heat on drivers side but heat on passenger side.also no ac passenger side but it works on drivers side but with heat and ac both on all you smell is coolant out the vents to fix $1400.this is a know issue with these trucks.also the head gasket went bad on the 4.7 I later found out that 4.7s have this issue with these trucks $2,500 to fix.also the truck wont move in reverse sometimes and fuel pump making a sound.to much money to fix everything so im trading it in for another truck maybe a ford.not a bad ride the ride is very smooth.I do not recommend this truck with the 4.7 to anyone or you will be sorry and the head gasket will go on you too.maybe buy one with a 5.7 hemi but thos have staling issues look it up.take it from me save your money and buy another brand truck.good bye dodge

i owned

by best truck from pueblo colorado | October 31, 2013

The truck 182000mile. No oil leaks very good running . I Chang oil 7500 miles it get 22 highway 13 town . I had it for 7years. All I done is change the thermostat and plugs. Very good truck

GREAT TRUCK for the money

by Honest Lee from Kansas | September 20, 2013

Bought mine new in 2002. 5.9 standard cab SLT and IT IS LOADED! To buy this truck new today would cost $35,000. Mine still looks & runs like I bought new again. These RAMS new were incredible, and if you can find a used one that's been taken care, you will be impressed. Gas mileage is always the hot button with trucks. Sure a new truck might get a couple extra miles per gallon, but again, I can buy A LOT OF GAS with that $35,000 price difference. I plan to keep this truck for many years, or until someone can pry it from my cold dead hands.

great truck

by dodgefan from VT | September 3, 2013

I bought both of my 1500 rams with high mileage and had to do some work over the years, but nothing unexpected for the mileage. One was 270,000 when I sold it, some rust but still a reliable truck. The second 260,000 miles again rust repair, but ALWAYS got me where I wanted to go. Never stranded. I had regular maintenance and 1000 mile oil changes. I think it is how they are cared for. The rust is an issue with every truck I have seen.

Joyfull truck

by Dodge ram from San Diego | March 5, 2013

No check engine light first owner always taken it to get fresh oil changes power everything reliable car in general

Most Problematic Truck I have ever owned

by JRH from Mobile, AL | June 6, 2012

I have had this truck for 4 years, purchased with 70K miles. It now has 150K and we are rebuilding the motor for the second time. We have also had problems with the radiator, A/C and front end. Truck gets terrible gas mileage and the interior plastic is cheap, dash has cracked, ash tray broke and sunglass holder will not close. I like the look and drive of the truck but it cost to much to keep on the road. My plan is to never own another Dodge.

Solid Truck

by boogyman from Long Island NY | May 6, 2012

I almost bought this truck about 2 weeks ago until I took up a rare deal I just couldnt pass up. It has some war marks but mechanically it is sound and its a solid truck. As all used cars will my mecanic said down the road some things will need attention but thats something you cant get away from in any used car over 5 years old. So if you get this checked out and find some issues dont let that scare you away trust me on this, if you do you will never find a car. I highly recomend this truck and you wont be left with any expensive surprises. Its a great truck, drive it at highway spees and it couldnt drive any better. Its verry reliable and doenst require much. I say you should check this truck out.

awesome truck

by stresscone from frostburg, md | January 16, 2012

i got a 2002 quad cab, 4WD. awesome truck. i wanted tons of power so i got the 5.9. it uses alot of gas but thats the price you pay for power. comfortable ride, 6 disc cd changer, A/C. power windows, power locks. i love this truck its awesome

great truck

by if i cant DODGE it i RAM it from bristol,in | December 15, 2011

great truck has been great to me have not had any problems at all i have owned mine for a year now and it has over 175000 miles on it the onley bad is i onley get 11 mpg but a good sacerfice for being abale to tow anything and have good get up when towing

Uses car for Towing

reliable as my father´s 1979 Dodge D-100 club cab.

by pre-owned sales manager w/15 years of experience from McAllen, TX | October 29, 2011

excelent gas consumption w the v8 magnum 4.7l , if you are a mecanic enthusiast, you can do all repairs by your self, it has some troubles w quality in plastics (interior), soft ride and plenty of space to drive comfty.

Featured Services for this Dodge Ram 1500