2005 Dodge Ram 1500

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Slt 4.7 quadcab 6ft.

by Speed Rush from Sachse, Texas | June 11, 2014

I love this old pickup. I bought this truck with over 120,000 miles awhile back since the o.d. reads 163,000 now, The only problems I have had have only been maintenance. Oil change every 3k and don't rag on it. I Have a friend who has a 2005 Durango that has 280,000 miles on it. That being said, If you take care of it, it will do you well for many years. All things that are mechanical have a mind of their own and do what they want, so you will never know what will happen in the future. Good Luck and may God be with you.

Love the Hemi

by Hemi Power from Louisiana | September 19, 2013

I love my Dodge Truck! The Hemi has great performance and with the Magna Flow exhaust sounds like nothing else on the street. It does not get great fuel economy but that's usually why you would by a Dodge Truck anyway. It will pull and haul most anything you can hook it to.

Awesome truck, 5.7L Hemi Sport 4x4 Quad Cab SLT

by DodgeGuy from Saskatoon, SK | July 15, 2013

I love this truck. Bought it used with 87,000 miles on it last year, and have had no real issues so far. Also came with the Daytona package on it for ground effects, looks great in black from the outside. Added a Bully Dog chip and a K&N Short Ram air intake, straight-piped exhaust from the cats back, 3 inch piping, and a few extra bits and bobs under the hood. Managed to peak it around 405hp. Tons of power from an affordable truck, holds its value extremely well, and mostly reliable. The gas mileage is definitely not as bad as you might expect from a pickup with that power, as I get around 23mpg's (when I keep it at the speed limit). When towing my holiday trailer, you barely feel it behind the truck (when compared to other trucks I have driven), and the suspension takes it very well. A couple of issues I have had, and the previous owner notified me about them, was the manifolds tend to warp over time, and eventually crack. Also, the EGR valve is known to give you problems in these trucks, which mine is starting to do as of late. The starter also went on me, but I think that was at fault of a mechanic. Overall a really great truck. I love driving it, and the very few problems that came with it can mostly be attributed to mileage buildup (it's at 103,000 miles now). I would recommend this truck to anyone looking for a half ton truck for almost any use.

Love my truck!

by RamMan from Ponca City, OK | May 28, 2013

This is a great truck! I'll take this over a ford any day! We bought the crew cab and it's very roomy. Lots of storage! This is the truck you want if you have kids!

I love my truck

by Ram Tough from Tucson, Arizona | April 22, 2013

This is the best truck that I have ever owned. It is a good looking truck with all the features a person would want. Interior space is excellent in this quad cab, and the seats are comfortable and the interior is well appointed. It runs excellent and has never had a service related issue, even with 100,000 miles on it. It has an incredibly smooth road ride even with oversized tires. The 4.7 V8 engine functions nicely on the highway and will get almost 400 miles on a tank of fuel. . If I were to buy another one though, I would get the Hemi, but no real complaints with the 4.7L V8. The only drawback: Local mpg is poor at about 13 -14 mpg in town. Other than that, this vehicle is top notch in every respect.

Great Salesman

by Truck Man from Sterling, Il | March 11, 2013

I purchased my vehicle from chad and it was an awesome experience! He made everything simple and easy! We drove the vehicle and he was sure to explain in detail all the features of the truck! When it came to the numbers he was sure to make it simple to understand. The dealership was a comfortable laid back environment that everyone was very helpfull and easy to get along with! I recomend everyone to go to the Pete Harkness Chrysler Buick Dodge Jeep store and talk to Chad! They wont let you down!

Love the dodge

by Nativson from Hatteras, NC | January 17, 2013

My 2004 F150 was falling apart so I was looking for a truck. I was shopping used Chevys but they were way high with alot of miles on them so I decided to look into a Dodge. I found A 2005 quad cab 4x4 on a lot that sold BMW, Jags and Land Rovers. It was undercoated had 0 rust on it a couple of minor scratches. It has a ton of room for my family that it fits very comfortably. It doesn't get the best gas mileage but I like the drive and feel of it better than my ford. All in all it's a great truck so far.

Good truck

by BJ from Post Falls, Idaho | October 10, 2012

Needed a good truck with Power. this Dodge Ram was the one I chose at a good price. Drives excellent, has great pulling power, is room for my family, well taken care of.

Uses car for Towing

Dodge 1500 4x4

by nearus from arkansas | September 21, 2012

Transmission is slow to shift, rear springs are weak for a work truck, seat is very uncomfortable on longer trips. The engine has been very reliable but averages only 11 mpg in local driving. It drives very good and the AC is ice cold.

Awesome full size truck

by taztonio from Raleigh, NC | December 27, 2011

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi 4x4 Quad SLT leather seats (metal folding shelf 2nd row) I needed a family size truck as my old pickup was too small. Seats aren't as plush like Ford, but are comfortable enough for 6-8 hour trips no problem. Power, if you have the option get the 5.7, I drove the 4.7 and it is under powered but better on gas mileage. I actually enjoy my 20 min commute now at 14.5 mpg. The doors leak air, took me almost 3 weeks to quiet it down. I still have a small leak. The newer trucks 09+ have a different door design (guess I'm not the only one with issues). Maintenance schedule is hectic. 3K mile oil changes, 30K mile plugs (plats apparently don't work?), differentials and transmission need constant attention. Maybe the schedule is to keep the truck reliable but its a lot heavier than Toyota, Ford, Chevy to my knowledge. On everything else I've owned I go 5K-7.5K miles on full synthetic ... cut down to 4K for the Ram. 2005 has the new style Hemi engine but the Rams didn't get fuel saving benefits until 2006. On that note the 2005 seems to be something of a misfit. Some parts fit from the 2003-2005 and others go from 2005-2008. If you choice b/w the 2005 & 2006 there is a difference and I recommend the 2006. Until 2009 there aren't a lot of changes so 2006 would be the sweet spot for a used 1500. A cool feature my truck was a folding metal shelf on the 2nd row. I don't know if I'll ever use it, but its nice to know I won't trash my seats if I ever need to carry something in the cab.

Featured Services for this Dodge Ram 1500