2008 Dodge Ram 1500

Available in 22 styles:  2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Regular Cab 120.5" WB shown

Overall

dodge is getting better

by truck guy from Florence, OR | September 22, 2013

I have had my '08 quad cab Laramie 4x4 Hemi for about two years now and after having a '96 ram 1500 i must say this ram is the most user friendly. I think dodge focused more on the city driving with the occasional weekend worrier road trip and not for the work truck I wanted... everything i tow and haul is within its range but it feels like its trying too hard to keep up. The hemi has power but it needs to be very hi rpm to get into that power, and the transmission just doesn't ever do what you want it to even when in tow haul mode. Also my 4wd takes a while to shift, if it shifts at all, and the back window leaks. My blinkers are all messed up and backwards and the dealership said that's $200 to replace. So if you want something as a daily driver that wont ever have to tow more than your boat once a month i would recommend this truck, but if you are going to use it as a truck on a day to day basis then look elsewhere.

Fun truck to drive

by bumblebee from noblesville indiana | January 15, 2013

Great truck! Hemi power gives it plenty of power, and is fun to drive. 4 wheel drive and the ride is a little stiff, so a little rough. The interior is roomy with lots of storage. The ram is an eyecatcher and we've heard many positive comments with several"I want one like that".

Great Pickup!

by Scott from Dallas, TX | September 10, 2012

I bought the Hemi quad cab 4x4 and it has a ton of power. Never had anything done besides routine maintenance. This is my second Ram and by far my favorite. It has all the features I need. The only reason it got 4/5 for comfort is the rough ride even by pickup truck standards, but you get used to it. Buy it if you find a good deal on one.

love,love, love, love, love.

by love to Ram from corpus christi, tx | April 5, 2012

My wife has very good taste and when she surprised me with this Black Dodge Ram 1500 I was floored. We had a Jag and even though it was a beautiful car this is by far the best thing that she ever got. My Truck is something that we will be going fishing in and camping and even going out of town with I love it

I like this truck

by taneb from Kansas City, MO | November 8, 2011

I really like this truck. Its not as fancy as the Ford but a great value for the money. If I was to buy another one I would get the Hemi, but no real complaints with the 4.7L V8.

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 - Lone Star Edition 4x4 Hemi

by Truckman from Central , Texas | November 8, 2011

This is the best truck that I have ever owned. It is a good looking "eye candy" truck with all the bells and whistles. Interior space is excellent in this quad cab, and the seats are comfortable and the interior is appointed well. It runs excellent and has never had a service related issue, even with 70,000 miles on it. It has an incredibly smooth road ride even with 20 inch tires. The multi displacement engine functions nicely on the highway and will get almost 400 miles on a tank of driving . Drawback: Local mpg milage poor at about 13 -14 mpg. in town. Other than that, this vehicle is top notch in every respect.

great pickup

by xllit from cross plains, tx | October 8, 2011

wanted a larimie, but when buying used i had to settle for an 5.7 hemi slt, which i'm happy with. never have i had such good gas milege in a full size pickup, and all of the power anybody could need. what i don't like is, on occasion it decides to lock the doors, make sure you have an extra key.

My favorite truck yet

by hd99evo from Florida | June 16, 2011

I love my 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab. I have owned only Dodges over the years and this one is by far my favorite. I completed a 2600 mile cross-country trip last month and I averaged 19.1 miles per gallon with over 1500 pounds of cargo in the bed. After 2600 miles in just under 4 days, I can say that the seats are very comfortable and the interior is very roomy on long trips. I chose the 4.7L V8 over the HEMI because there is only a 30 horsepower/ 40 torque difference and I am still satisfied with that decision. This truck has plenty of power and sounds and performs great with the 40 series Flowmaster I put on it. I drive about 600 miles a week and am pleased with the "around town" mileage. (15.9 MPG as of his post) I rated this truck with 5 stars in all catagories because I feel that Dodge has hit the mark in every catagory. This is a great truck and I would recommend it to all who are looking for a great looking, great performing, reliable and very comfortable truck. *****

Best truck I've owned so far!

by HOT SHOT from Gonzales,LA | April 11, 2011

The truck i own is the BIG HORN Quad cab 1500 with the HEMI.It has plenty of power for those times when you need to pass that slow person on the road or if you decide to pull your favorite trailer to go camping or pulling a load of atv's for a day full of action.So go ahead and have a ton of fun with this great beast of a truck!

North woods logger

by North woods logger from Glidden, Wi | September 24, 2010

DOES NOT EVEN COMPARE: to Chevy or Ford in the Northwoods, fuel milage TERRIBLE, replacement parts cost VERY high! Bought an '08 with the Hemi (mistake) had 16341 miles on it, when purchased/at 21767 miles had to replace front wheel bearings/although alignment was within guidelines.. The thing enjoys "eating" GoodYear tires; but "fixed" that by going to General AT2 tires! (don't know why they wear better..) Truck does work hard, has plenty of "power" but just doesn't add up to the Chevy or Fords I've had.!

Featured Services for this Dodge Ram 1500