2009 Dodge Ram 1500

2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Available in 20 styles:  2009 Dodge Ram 1500 4x2 Regular Cab 140" WB shown

Overall

Love it so much, I bought another one!

by Hot Rod Rancher from Paso Robles, CA | January 25, 2014

SInce year 2000, I've owned a new Ford F-150, GMC Sierra, Chevy Avalanche and Toyota Tundra. I've liked each of them in their own way, but I LOVE my 2009 RAM. So much so, I actually bought another one just like it! This truck has the ultimate look, and drives and performs AMAZING. I love the RamBox storage system! And the distinctive RAM grill and chrome accents are the best in the industry. Compliments to RAM for a job well done! My new RAM should be here by next week!

Very good truck

by Ramowner from Macon,GA | December 1, 2013

I have owned my used 09 Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab for almost one year. It has been a great truck...very reliable. The ride is very smooth- much like the ride of a full size SUV. The Quad Cab offers adequate room for two people. Ifyou need room for more than two, I would suggest buying the Crew Cab. My truck (4.7 liter 4x2) gets great gas mileage..past few months have averaged .between 20.0 and 21.0 with about 60% highway and 40% city driving. I have two main complaints about the truck: 1) the seats which are standard cloth are very uncomfortable and 2) the factory headlights are not close to being bright enough. I had to replace lights with stronger bulbs. In conclusion, overall the Ram 1500 is a very good truck and a good buy for anyone looking for a truck.

power steering pump, belt,idle pulleys

by rodyram,miami,fl from Miami, FL | November 30, 2013

Love the truck, bought it with 40,000 miles sports package loaded, bed cover, gps,back up camara,alpine radio etc, but i began hearing a chirping noise coming from the engine belt, but the noise will go away as engine reach normal temp, did not put much thought to it, well guess what as i was driving to work one morning i felt something snap power steering went out, open the hood belt was shred to pieces and upper idle pulley was gone, go it fix, 6 wks later samething happen happen this time the lower iddle pulley, got it fix, guess what a month later the power steering pump including the pulley were gone total damage including parts and labor close to $1000.00 all this while the chirping noise was still there, after this repairs the truck is running better than ever. ladies and gentleman pay attention to your idle pulleys and belts do not know what cause this but it did happen. Happy trucking and good Winter Hunt>

Best truck I've owned

by Caps from Lancaster , Texas | January 30, 2013

2009 Dodge Ram crew cab 1500 SLT Texas edition , Best truck I've ever had. 177,000 miles no mechanical problems Rides great with coil springs in rear, good mileage on the road 21 mpg , inside room very good. Tows very good with the Hemi 390 hp. Lifetime warranty om power train , I paid for max care , lifetime bumper to bumper 100 decutable Will keep this truck for ever GREAT Truck

Muscle Truck!

by YeOldeStonecat from Southeast CT | June 11, 2012

Picked up a used 2009 RAM 1500 quad cab, 28k miles, as I needed a pickup truck for home projects. After researched pickup trucks, even though the RAMs seem to have lower reliablity than the Ford F150s in many reviews..I just loved the style of the 2009 and higher RAMs, and the HEMI motor. VERY fast, great sounding engine. Very comfortable seating/cab area. Mileage..well, you don't buy a V8 pickup truck for mileage....I seem to average 14 around town. Longer highway trips she'll get into the 17's. Haven't had it long enough to rate the reliability..only been 4 months, but so far not a single hiccup.

awesome ram 1500

by brown from nc | April 10, 2012

Best truck I've ever owned. Hemi power is awesome when I need it fuel saver cylinder shut off saves me gas and money. I have gotten 24 mpg highway . Ram boxes are great for tools and groceries. Love this truck

My favorite vehicle

by Stafo08 from San Diego, CA | January 17, 2012

Ive had my dodge ram 1500 lariat for a couple months. It is comfortable and all the bells and whistles are a true delight. It has fit my work and lifestyle fantastically. The only downside is the mileage. It is not great, but aside from that one drawback the power and driving comfort is amazing.

Best vehicle I have ever owned by FAR

by marc12205 from Missouri City, TX | November 8, 2011

Want a real truck - get this one !! Goes like a bullet and stops like a nat. Best sound system, comfort beyond expectations.

love the new Ram

by fisrt time Ram guy from Los Angeles, CA | July 23, 2011

I had a Nissan Pathfinder and 07 Chevy Tahoe and the RAM is by far the best vehicle I have ever driven. The Tahoe was a disappointment, the old 4sp tranny and its weak 5.3 had to go. Rear suspension was jumpy and couldnt handle the corners. It is a big SUV but the 2nd row leg room was minimal and the 3rd row was just garbage. I test drove the ram and fell in love with it in an instant. It has great power, roomy cabin, comfortable ride and the styling of the ex/inteterior is top notch. I used to struggle going up and down of the moutain road with the tahoe cuz of its weak 5.3 and ancient 4spd but with the RAM i was astonished how well it handled the uphills. One complaint i have is the 5spd tranny, it works fine and drives good but wished RAM offered the 6spd tranny. I loaded this truck with more than its weight rate but the truck handled it well. i was surprised how well the ram handled the load and the u haul trailer i was pulling. i strongly recommend this truck, i know lots of people who are loyal to a certain car brand but i think thats total ignorance we should buy the vehicle by its quality regardless of the brand. I have a friend who is a 'chevy' man and bough the Silverado. Honestly it does not match up to the ram at all. it still has ancient 5.3 with no power, no sway control system, no hill assist, no power outlet as it is standard on the ram, back seat is crampy like a compacct sedan, interior is cheap and my friend is regreting it. it does have 6spd tranny which is great but the engine is just too weak. I think the new Ford is much better than the Silverado. Stop being a chevy or ford or dodge man and go out and test drive these trucks and buy what you think performs the best.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

The most comfortable vehicle Ive ever drivin.

by Truck guy from Belleville IL | June 6, 2011

I drove every truck on the market, this 2009 slt crew bighorn rides like a sedan, and its 390 hp hemi if you need it.

Featured Services for this Dodge Ram 1500