2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Information Coming Soon

Overall

the best of the best trucks dodge 2500

by bigtex from NEWSUMMERFIELD Texas | October 11, 2012

the best of all trucks the dodge the most wanted truck on the market the 04 an 05 are the best of the best !!!!

Good pickup, expensive to buy and maintain.

by MO farmer from Central MO | September 1, 2012

I purchased this truck because of the diesel engine, which is efficient and powerful as purported, but the other components of the vehicle don't measure up. Repairs are more expensive and frequent than the comparable vehicles I have owned.

2004 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel

by Kkloos from Grand Rapids, MI | November 7, 2011

I am the second owner of a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4 Quad cab. The orignal owner used the truck for hauling horses. I currently drive the truck as a daily driver and tow from time to time. The truck averages 22 miles per gallon. The cummins engine is incredible. This is my sixth Ram I have owned. I don't know how Ram has gotten a bad rap about transmissions. I have never had any problems with my six Rams. My 2004 has 210,000 miles with the original transmision. I absolutely love and highly recommend RAM TRUCKS. There is something to be said when you enjoy every chance you get to drive your truck.

Don't buy a used 2500/3500 - bad mistake

by SHNOOL from Wilkes-Barre, PA | November 10, 2010

I love my RAM. Got it for a song (gas prices were $4.05 a gallon at the time)... so paid like $10k for a truck with 62,000 miles. These trucks are known to be good for 300,000 right? - MAYBE. I have put over $7000 in repairs in this truck. I think it has to do with how hard it was used last. But then I am not easy on the truck either. It regularly tows #6000 for me (easily). It has TONS of power. But like every Heavy duty, it is expensive to repair. Fan clutch ($150), Front Wheel bearings ($600 installed each), busted exhaust bolts (rusted $700 to repair), bad exhaust ($600 for OEM replacement)... Tires ($600 - eRated)... Runs like a top, suspension is actually pretty smooth, and power is good. Transmission (automatic) is stupid how it shifts. Tow/Haul is better, but not ideal. My gears are 3.73s with the hemi, that limits max towing to 8800#, apparently all you do is go to 4.10s and your tow rating increases to 10,800#. Dumb. I think 4.10s are minimal for this... Then their is mileage. I know it is a hauler, but 10mpg? Really? Hemi is a powerhouse and all, but I bought it, it got 14 on a good day. Tune up held the line for a while, and it just got worse when they went to 10% ethanol. Towing I get between 9-10. So pretty much 12 is my good day now. Diesel in my next truck even if it costs 40% more. Oh did I mention you have to run 89octane or better? 32 gallon tank means consistent $80 fill-ups. Tough truck. Bad vehicle to buy used, as they are REALLY used.

Uses car for Towing

Great Tough Truck

by Florida Richard from | June 27, 2010

I bought this truck to pull a 25' car trailer or a double axel dump trailer. It does wounderful with the Hemi engine. Also to pull a 24' camping trailer from Florida to Alaska and back. Great Truck

great truck

by dodge man from | November 6, 2009

this is a great truck i have 87000 miles on it and just got its first tune up. had to pud a rear end in but beside that grat truck. i tow a 29 foot boat and it pulls like nothing behind it.i have the hemi in it and its h really good pick.

Great Truck!

by Writer from New Jersey | July 22, 2009

What a truck! If you are thinking of buying a Ram pickup I would highly recommend them. My truck has the Hemi with 345 horsepower. It tows both of my trailers including a 20' work trailer and a 25' camper. I also plow snow in the winter time with it. I have had to replace both side U joints covered under warranty after 75,000 miles. I recommend a cold air intake to improve fuel economy. The quad cab with real 4 doors is plenty of room for anything or anyone you may carry. The fold up rear seats are a great feature and the metal brackets make it easy hook up for a baby seat in the back. Look for a truck with the overhead compass and temp computer. This makes winter driving a bit more relaxing especially in states with Ice problems. The Trailer tow mirrors are a must if your going to tow. I believe Dodge has the best mirrors. If your going to work with your truck I recommend the Mopar parts for any tool boxes or ladder racks. They are cheaper then aftermarket ones and do the job just fine. This is an exceptional truck for guys or girls who need to use their truck for work and play. A versatile and tough truck.

Uses car for Towing