We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2011 Dodge Ram 3500

2011 Dodge Ram 3500
Available in 26 styles:  2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Mega Cab 160.5" WB shown

Information Coming Soon

Overall

Better than Expected

by Ford Fan from Ennis, TX | November 24, 2015

I'm a Ford girl, came from a Ford family, but the price point on the used 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 trumped my choice. Had only 15k miles on it, runs like a champ, pulls like a beast, smoothest ride I've ever had in a truck (it's only equal for comfort is the F-350 Kings Ranch 2005 edition). I've seen a lot of complaints about the MPG...let's get real, this truck is a monster, it's going to guzzle gas if you're hauling a load. That being said, once the truck has seasoned miles on it (around 25K) I started getting up to 22MPG on the open road (no load). Yes you are reading that correctly. If you keep the RPMs lower while accelerating, and use your cruise control it's amazing the type of fuel performance you can coax from this Ram. Happy Travels!

Sweet ride

by Plumber Guy from Spokane, WA. | October 29, 2015

Being a GM guy my whole life I must say it took a lot to change my mind. I have been looking for a Chevy or GMC Duramax crew cab and could not find what I was looking for in the price range I was willing to spend. A buddy of mine told me to try a Dodge they aren't the Dodges of old. I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable and how well it rode. The power is smooth and the transmission seems to shift fine. I found a Longhorn edition in Portland and flew down and purchased the truck. The drive from Portland to Spokane I got about 18 mpg at a average speed of 70-75mph.Average in town is 13-13.5mpg. 5 hr drive my but and back did not hurt. All the bells and whistles that come on the Longhorn made my dream truck come true. I have only put 3k miles on it so far so I cant give a reliability rating yet. I have not regretted my purchase or changing to Dodge.

Love it buttttt.

by Trilogy Fiver from Fort Wayne, Indiana | December 31, 2014

Purchased 12-10-2010. I have the Dually Mega Cab. Two Tone Paint Deep Cherry Red Pearl Gold. I love this truck. It has almost everything available for comfort and ease of operation. Runs great and pulls my 42' Fifth wheel 17,000 lbs without any problems. My main problem with this truck is the mileage. Pulling, I get 9 MPG at best. City, 8 MPG (if I'm lucky) Highway no load, 14.5 MPG. This is horrible fuel mileage and I expected better. I had a 05 Dodge 3500 SRW with 5.9 Cummins and got 13.2 pulling a 14,000 labs fifth wheel RV. Open road I got as much as 20 GPM. NO, that's not a mis-print. Just test drove a 2015 Dodge 3500 Dually 6.7 Cummins. This truck had been test driving several times and when I drove it, it was getting 13.2 MPG city. That's 5 MPG better then my 2011. Other then that GREAT TRUCK.

2011 ram 3500 best of the best

by boss hall camper from south louisiana | February 27, 2014

had a 07 3500 4x4 loved it pulled anything I hooked to rode rough got 2011 4x2laramie rides grate I have back problems and this is the best riding dully I have ever owned

Not as good as it should be

by JK hottshotter from | December 23, 2012

Very dissapointed with the power and fuel economy from this diesel Cummins. The seats are very hard and uncomfortable, the head reat pushes my head forward too much. Transmission is poor, shifting up too soon and never shifts down properly.

Love this truck

by Bill from St. Albert Alberta | September 27, 2012

I purchased a new 2011 ram 3500 single wheel 4X4 in June of 2011. Since purchase I have put on 15000 kms pulling a 10500 lbs 5th wheel on two trips between Alberta and Yuma. This truck has more than ample power for the job. Very comfortable and all the features work very well especially the GPS unit. The exhaust brake is amazing traveling through Montana and I barely have to ever touch the brakes going down hills. Only complaint I have about the truck is empty the milage is really bad 14 - 18 MPH. Old truck would get 23 - 24. Loaded it gets similar milage to my old 2002 dodge cummins 6 speed manual transmission towing loaded depending on wind between 9 - 13 mpg. I really enjoy this new truck and don't miss the noise of the old one. I do hope it turns out to be as reliable as my first one as it never left me stranded including a t Very smooth and quite truck to ride in comparing it to my new truck. No plans on changing or upgrading he exhaust system due to warranty issues. Was speaking to a hot shot driver who drives a company 2011 ram 3500 pulling a flat deck trailer. He told me the truck now has 240000 kms on it and they have never had any problems other than routine maintenance. Two driver operate this vehicle all over western Canada. I thought said alot about the build of these trucks. I would advise anyone buying this truck to look after it and it should do you well. With my good luck with these trucks so far I would certainly buy another one. One last observation is pulling through mountains in hot weather is not a issue for engine heat or transmission hear. Good luck and enjoy whatever vehicle you desire. I have always said that they are all good till they break. Safe travels

2012 RAM 3500

by Zoomie5 from California | July 25, 2012

This truck is awesome. the best value for your money, Ford and Chevy can not compare with this truck at the RAM price point. The Laramie Long Horn Edition is by far the best truck for the Money, the only issue when compared to Ford is MPG...but when compared to a King Ranch, the price will amaze you for what you get in the Dodge. Best DIESEL for the PRICE.

2011 Dodge Ram 3500

by backerstick from Willard,N.C. | April 16, 2012

I am usually a Ford man,but a freind of mine recommended that I try the Ram 3500.I like the fuel mileage I get with the 6.7 Cummins turbo diesel,and the six speed automatic transmission.The four door crew cab is roomy,and with storage compartments you would'nt beleive. All controls at your finger tips without your hands leaving the steering wheel.This truck is one sweet ride!

best pulling truck I've owned

by back woods camper from chehalis wa | March 6, 2012

2010 dodge ram 3500 dully. I have had my truck in the shop 7 times with axle bearing,brake cal and many more problems. Love the truck but I am going to trade it in for a different truck in March sometime. It will not stay on the road without having problems.

2011 3500 Cummins DODGE 4X4 long bed.

by Rui from Saint Helena, California | December 26, 2011

Awesome truck. Still breaking in the Cummins at 3,500 miles since purchase. Huge cabin with all the gadgets on the Longhorn Edition. Phenomenal engine, huge power, and smooth on the freeway.

Featured Services for this Dodge Ram 3500