See Also: 2001 Dodge Ram Van 1500 | 2001 Dodge Ram Van 2500

See Photos & Videos

Overall

2001 dodge ram van

by sav3406 from Lockport, NY | July 5, 2013

Best van ever! I have had this van for 13.5 years now with 180,000 miles and it still looks great. Wish I could make it last forever. The 5.9 360 has plenty of pwer for such a big vehicle. No major problems at all, just regular maintenance work. The body is starting to rust though. It's a shame Dodge quit making such a reliable work van like this. They are really missing out on the cargo van market. I would be the first in line to buy one if they brought it back.

Very Versatile

by Sceptical Optimist from | March 26, 2013

My 5.2L Dodge is a great ride with a lot of character. It is SOOO much fun to drive around town and on long trips. I have the conversion van with everything. It is so roomy, and if I need additional room, I can take out the middle seats. Gas mileage is not so wonderful, but I didn't buy it for its fuel economy. Very cheap to fix and maintain as well. A lot of the maintenance can be done your self if you are mechanically inclined.

This is the 5th Dodge Van that I've owned.

by Happy Camper from Orange County, CA | December 3, 2010

Very reliable. Too bad they discontinued making this Van. Their loss. Will buy another, if they bring this model back.

Worst car I've ever driven

by ergononassumpsit from Bronx New York | April 29, 2010

This van is horrible to the driver. No leg room, uncomfortable driver's seat. My '75 Grand marquis got better gas mileage. Can't park it anywhere, because it doesn't fit. Ugly as spit. 15 passengers cramped to close together. All rear seats are uncomfortable. I would never recommend this van to someone I didn't like.

very reliabe van

by Truck Mechanic from Dyer,Indiana | December 30, 2007

I have the 5.2 engine and 4 speed transmission I use this van to travel and around town.This van has been to Colorado mountains and Washington D.C. The engine and trans have plenty of power to offer.I haul a 26 travel trailer and it handles great.The only things I would say is there is low headroom in the back for an adult and the van is narrow compared to my old chevy conversion van.

Featured Services for this Dodge Ram Van 3500