2001 Dodge Stratus

See Photos & Videos

Overall

2001 dodge stratus

by believer C.E. Mofford from hillsboro, oregon | March 7, 2014

bought this auto used with approx. 30000 miles on it . it now has 182000 miles and the only thing I have had to do is replace a right front wheel bearing. of course now it is leaking oil at about 1 quart per 1000miles.

Greatest purchase ever

by mzermeno from Belvidere, IL | February 10, 2014

I bought my 01 Stratus SE new. Drove it off the lot and the only thing I ever had to fix has been normal wear and tear issues. No issues with it, ever. It's my baby and I pamper it, I want it to be with me for ever. I also own 4 other Dodge vehicles. Dodge is definitely the was to go.

Great Starter Car

by Alexandria from Montgomery, AL | March 31, 2012

I know I called it a great starter car, but this is actually my 2nd car. I previously owned a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder, and i was wary about giving it up, but I feel like i made a good choice. The car rides excellently and is one of the most responsive cars i've ever driven. When I 1st got the car, the speedometer wasn't working at all, and then one day on the ride home from work, it started jiggling wildly and started working again. Also, the engine light would frequently come on even though there was nothing wrong with the car, and my back window motors have appeared to fail. I do love the look of the car, but i wish it were roomier just for personal comfort. Gas mileage is great, a full tank will get me 2 weeks max. Overall, i'm pleased with this Dodge Stratus as my 2nd car.

Second one I have owned. Has never done me wrong

by Car Enthusiast from North Carolina | November 21, 2011

Radio Head Unit is nice, four disk cd changer built in. Car is surprisingly sporty. Very comfortable ride, I personaly rate second only to bmw.

Sweet Ride

by dexcaliber from Buckeye, AZ | February 11, 2011

I have recently purchased this vehicle, had only 1 problem, it kept dying and wouldn't start without a jump. All it was was the alternator, switched it out and she runs like a demon. The only other problem I have is speed limits....lol. This car is gonna be great with some mods.

SE Great car!!

by stratus from MT | April 10, 2010

This was the first car I bought by myself. Great car! The only problems I had with it was somehow the wheels got changed and I couldn't rotate my tires. I went to the dealership and got them replaced. I have owned it for 2 years now and Am extremely happy with the performance it has given me! I'm sad to have to get rid of it but where I live I need a 4WD for the winter. Perfomance was great! Would reccomend it to anyone!!

Over all great car

by Liquid from | March 3, 2010

I bought this car used after two previous owners and I love it, the interior is stunning and the power of the V6 is awesome. Its fun to drive and my friends are jealous.

Looks good has lots of problems

by Travis from McLemoresville, TN | January 27, 2010

I purchased this car used, drove it for 8 days and it died on me. Ran like a champ for those 8 days. Put a new distributor on it, ran for a day- 3 mechanics and almost a $1000 later, it's got to have a new computer. Of course it's a 3.0L so it cost even more. Wish I didn't buy it with all the electrical issues it has!!

Great Bang For The Buck!

by 2GSTRATUS from Anaheim, CA | January 2, 2010

I have a 2001 Stratus RT Coupe with 67K miles on it now and I have had no problems with this car whatsoever to my surprise. My only maintenance so far is the regular oil changes every 3K miles (I use synthetic oil only along with premium unleaded gas),a set of four new tires and one brake job. I still get compliments from others about this car even though it is eight years old. I have the 5spd manual tranny and the acceleration is more than enough for day to day travel. This car is much more quieter inside compared to my old Nissan 240SX. My only regret is that Dodge didn't continue to produce this model along side the current generation Eclipse platform. For those that don't know, this car is basically a rebodied Mitsubishi Eclipse. The engine,drivetrain,suspension, interior, brakes etc., are all identical to the eclipse. The markings on the engine bay, engine and driver's door jam all state "Manufactured by Mitsubishi Motors of Amercia". Great Car!

Not a great car

by Stratus from Milwaukee | September 17, 2008

I have owned this car since new and have never really been happy with it......................

Featured Services for this Dodge Stratus