2006 Dodge Stratus

Available in 2 styles:  2006 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Very Reliable

by Fan of Stratus from Boston, MA | May 31, 2014

The Dodge Stratus is a very dependable and reliable car. I've had a 2001 4-cyl Stratus and a 2006 6-cyl Stratus. The 6-cyl definitely has more power, but about 2-3 mpg less than the 4-cyl. Any repairs and maintenance will be affordable. I've had no major mechanical issues with either Stratus. Very dependable.

A very reliable car

by Stratus Owner from Hawley, PA | May 31, 2014

It is a very reliable car, handles wonderfully, the engine isn't very quick or fast but thats not a problem. I would recommend this car to any first time driver or a young driver for it is very easy to drive, maintain, and learn with.

love this car

by 06 stratus v6 sxt owner from Indiana | November 19, 2013

I have had my 06 Stratus SXT for a year and I love it! Has 61000 miles on it and still drives like new. Have had no problems or repairs to make. It's sporty and fun to drive.

Really good car!

by chas from Ohio | November 11, 2013

Great low-budget nice looking car for the money! It's been a good car for our family & we are happy with our STRATUS! Yes, would recommend!

Great Family Car

by Family Driver from Chicago, IL | November 28, 2012

I drove my 06 Stratus SXT for 4 years before I parted with it for an SUV. I now have 3 kids (too many for a sedan!!!) but with 2, this was a perfect car. The backseat is set up for carseats, complete with anchors and a LOT of space. I felt that my son and daughter were both very safe back there. I kept up the maintenance on my Stratus and never had any issues. Judging from previous reviews, it sounds like it is definitely important to keep up with this stuff as their issues sound like a need for maintenanced brakes, rotated tires, and maybe the occasional oil change!! I would definitely recommend this car to pretty much anyone!

Very dependable

by Dodge Driver from Haysville | February 2, 2012

I've owned my 06 dodge stratus for over 4 years. It has been the most reliable car Ive ever owned. I was the 2nd owner and purchased the extended service plan from the dealership which was a total waste of $2000. I havent had any problems with the car since the day I bought it and I've put about 50,000 miles on it. I've maintained the oil changes regularly and topped off fluids whenever they needed it. I've had to purchase 4 new tires and a battery, and I've replaced the brake pads. Everything has been just regular maintenance. I've since bought a Dodge Nitro and declined the service plan on that one.

Never, ever getting a Dodge again!

by rjcfireball from Roanoke, Louisiana | December 16, 2011

I have had my 2006 Dodge Stratus for almost 2 years now. I drive the car quite long distances to work and back. For about a year now, I have had immense problems with the car. The car would drop out of cruise suddenly on the interstate, drop to 40 mph, and would not accelerate. I researched the problem and found that this is called "fail-safe" mode. In this mode, the only gears the car will run are 3rd gear and reverse. I have taken the car to dodge dealerships and other repair shops, poured over $3000 dollars in repairs into the car, and the problem is still not solved. Bottom line: this car was a tremendous mistake that I will never make again.

Most reliable car I've ever owned

by Owner from Phoenix | April 12, 2011

I have owned this vehicle for 2 years and only replaced the tires and had the oil changed. It is the best car I've ever owned.

stratus

by hutch from 37912 | February 11, 2011

I enjoy the ride and the handling. I like the way it looks on both the inside and out. Have not owned long enough to comment on much more than this

used car purchase

by jay1 from milwaukee | February 8, 2011

Purchased this car from private owner 2 months ago. Car have 84000miles on it, 2005 v6. The car is drivable but, shocks are already started to make noise, breaks are almost grinding, There is a tire/rim balance issue. Heat working fine,

Featured Services for this Dodge Stratus