2012 FIAT 500

Available in 4 styles:  2012 FIAT 500 2dr Hatchback shown

Overall

Great Car

by lexerlou from Detroit, MI | September 10, 2014

Awesome value and great commuter car! Getting about 38 mpg on the highways and no mechanical problems so far.

Not Safe vehicles

by Dave from LA | June 11, 2014

I purchased brand new Fiat and my daughter got flat tire, when we called to roadside assistant for fiat tirer to be changed, we found out the car is not equiped with spare tire jack and tools, and the tires are not flat running tires. They towed the car after long time wait to the dealer. The dealer they told me we do not fix flat tires you have to buy a new tire, and i paid for a new tire. Can you imagine if you got flat tire in the middle of high way or in the middle of the road in arizona for hours no city or gas station arround you , what would happened to you?? it is life endangerment

best car ever

by Fiat Sports Car Enthusiast from brooklyn ny | June 6, 2014

Johnny Rodriguez is one of the best sales person I have the pleasure to meet. he was Very patient and very calm. every one at the fiat dealership was awesome but Johnny was the BEST ! I give him a rating of a perfect 10 my experience was pleasant thank you :)

poor reliability

by caveman11111111 from Texas | January 23, 2014

To get started, i bought this car on june 27th, 2012. It looked good and i thought i had a great car. I bought the pop with the manuel in it. On may 15th 2013 my car developed a electronic problem which told me to turn off the vehicle because of low oil pressure. The car was in the shop about 3 weeks. Seat belt retractor for driver also had to be replaced. I drove the car another 8500 miles and again the same thing happened. The dealer again told me the same thing. But unlike the last time, this time the shop replaced a number items in the engine. Camshaft, cylinder head gasket, intake manifold gasket, variable valve actuator assembly, etc. This was about another 3 weeks. That lasted about 2000 miles and now the same malfunction is happening again. This is the 3rd time and it is sure getting old. I have been told it may be in the shop this time for up to a month. Fiat only will give me a rental for 5 days I would have been better off buying an old used car that i can rebuild.

excellent little car !

by fast fiat from Auburndale, WI | December 16, 2013

Excellent car gas mileage 37 - 42 mpg, great traction control on snow and ice, front seats have plenty of room, back seats are a little small though, stereo system sounds excellent, some wind noise past 65 mph, hands free phone system works good, sirius satellite radio built in, I have the manual transmission which shifts very smoothly, Overall if you want a small affordable car with lots of standard features take a look at the fiat 500.

Get the Abarth...

by Matt from Oakland | December 8, 2013

I started with a Fiat 500 Prima Edizione (think Sport) and promptly traded it in for an Abarth once they were available for order. My advice is get the Abarth. It is a completely different machine. The power difference between the two cars is like night and day. I have 26,000 miles on my Abarth, so I think I have a good feel for the car and its reliability, Let's start with the tires. They come with performance tires that lasted about 25,000 miles before needing to be replaced. There are other good options for tires out there, so shop around. The engine and exhaust still sound amazing and perform very well. I have had to use the warranty to make two unexpected repairs. One was replacing a bearing in the steering column as there was a "knock" when I would turn the wheel. The second was a mysterious clutch pedal that would either stick to the floor or catch all over the place. It was very uncomfortable to drive the car like that, so I dropped it off at the dealership and they kept the car until they could find the problem. One week later and I had a new clutch master cylinder. The dealer said it was strange that it was faulty. Everything was fixed for free. The ride in the Abarth is a bit choppy as the suspension is firmed up for handling. I wouldn't hold this against the car as it is pretty typical for sport-tuned vehicles. Inside can be a bit cramped. I am 6'1" tall, and fit - just. I would recommend that if you are over 6' tall, do not buy your car with a sunroof. It lowers the headliner about two inches. I drove this car cross country during the summer of 2013. I left from California headed for Florida and then Massachusetts. I turned around for California one month later. I put almost 12,000 miles on the car that summer and I had no problems. I did meet a lot of people at various gas stations along the way asking about the car. I averaged about 30 mpg, although I must admit, I do drive with a heavy foot. Who wouldn't if you had this car? Just recently, I had my car in the shop for 1 week, and by the time that week was almost over, I was telling everyone how much I missed my car. This car evokes something emotional in me that I doubt not many cars starting at $22,000 would be able to make the same claim. I could not hand over the keys to my rental soon enough.

Lots of Bang for your Buck!

by HorseOwner2 from Tucson, AZ | November 7, 2013

I bought my Fiat 500 Sport 6 months ago. I bought it with 18,000 miles on it and put on 26,000. I drive highway and city half and half. I have heated seats, Bose,automoatic, and Auto climate control. These things make me not miss my old Cadillac. I am surprised at how much I love driving this car. No problems with power at all for me, I can merge onto a 65 mile an hour freeway with no problem and turn on the Sport button for plenty of zip around town. I average 37 MPG. I feel like this car has the best value for your dollar. I tried a Fiesta, Focus, Veloster, and Accent. Fiesta was most comparable but had weird shifting. The Fiat made me smile the moment I saw it.

Fun Ride!

by Finicky Consumer from West Chester, OH | October 2, 2013

I knew I wanted to purchase a vehicle in the sub-compact category but there are more than ever from which to choose. I looked at VW GTIs, Ford Fiestas, Honda Fits, Toyota Yaris, and Mini Coopers but in the end I was blown away by how stylish, affordable, and fun the Fiat 500 Sport is to drive. It's only been a month but I just love it!

Retired Mech. from Ford review

by RickM from Dallas Tx, | August 22, 2013

I am 6'1" snd have to put the seat up 1 notch on my basic Pop manuel 5. The seat is very comfortable. We have been on trips all over and have put some 41K in less than a year. I use the Pop to work in getting in and out ablut 7-10 times a day. The only problem I have had is the seat belt not retracting after about 3-4 months. I have had 2 replacements so far under warranty. I have tested the gas mailage several times. City driving not to easy getting about 38-41. I went Dal to Hou with plus fuel and got 52.3 going 65. tested at 60 only got 49. Not the gas that I got in the city was with the back loaded with all my tools about 250#. So far havent had any isues with any mech. problems. i have noticed that getting gas at a discount stor with the 10% ethonal I got about 2 mpg less. We have a Rav4 and my wife wants to sale it to get her own Pop.

I love this car!

by Monica from Easton, PA | August 19, 2013

After extensive research on small economic cars, I came to the conclusion that the Fiat was the best choice in style, cost and size. I would highly recommend it