2013 FIAT 500

Starting MSRP

Overall

straight pipe

by Buffalo Stu from Buffalo, NY | November 22, 2014

what a great car for the money if I was able to I would have liked the Abarth but no big deal made a few changes and added about 8 additional horsepower great on gas the 5-speed manual still a little slow when you start up but the car is great on the high way. So I can deal. If some thing happened to the point that my car was in a big accident and they gave me a check I would still buy this car over any other car on the road. They did have to put some thing in on my front suspicion about 5 months ago but other than that it's been good little car, and it was fully cover on the warranty. You cant beat 44 on the high way in the summer for the money I would give my 2012 4 out of 5 stars their a few bugs to work out but my partner just bought the 2014 bran new bright red and they fixed a few thing that I did not like on my car. Now if I had the 2014 I would give it 4 1/2 stars out of 5 I don't believe that any car on the road today deserves a full 5 stars. Well enjoy my review. Stu from Buffalo NY

Disappointing

by Was a fiat lover from Phoenix | November 13, 2014

So let me be honest, I do love my 2013 espresso Fiat 500 Sport, however there are MANY downfalls that have made me decide to NEVER buy a fiat again. I love the looks of my car, love the way it drives, but once you've had it for a couple months it is CLEAR how cheap the car is (should be). The silver lining on the steering wheel and around the gear shifter is CHEAP started peeling after 3 months. Stitching on the seats coming out. Backside of the steering wheel can see glue from it being glued together and the pieces don't fit. The armrest broke when I leaned over these at to grab something (and I'm not a heavy person). Lights in the dash went out. It's just an extremely cheap car for what it's sold for. If the interior didn't fall apart I would love it. Also, I bought my car brand new. Had 8 miles on. Have had it about 13 months now. Only 18,000 miles.

Uses a lot of oil

by Dragon from Denver, CO | November 12, 2014

I'm satisfied with the car, but it uses a lot of oil. By a lot, I need to put a quart in about every 3 weeks. The dealer says this is normal for the Turbo. So, be aware. 2013 500 Turbo

Pop, squeak, jiggle

by NIck from Seattle, WA | November 3, 2014

The 500 is beautifully designed and well equipped, gets good gas mileage, parks in a half space, rides and handles very well. It's also slower than old lasagna, develops more squeaks and pops than an old Sinatra album, and has a few service bulletins floating around. Despite its flaws, I'm pretty happy with it.

these cars depriciate like crazy

by fiat 500t from manchester | August 22, 2014

this is my second review the first review was at 5000 miles and I gave it 5 stars now I got 28000 on it and have had some issues the tire pressure monitoring system has never worked right after about 6000 miles it keeps saying all my tires are low but they are not the other issue was the horrible clunking of the strut during cold weather took it to the dealer 4 times for both problems they are minor problems but annoying ones. These are not cheap cars my turbo cost 22000 a year and a half later its worth 12500 so for that reason I can not recommend this car to anyone even though I do like the car its just fun to drive and with the turbo it makes it funnier. but they lose to much value I give the car 3 stars now because of the depreciation

Fiat 500 Abarth, a Driver's car

by Robert from Raleigh, NC | August 18, 2014

This is about the FIAT Abarth 2013 (5-speed manual). The car has a sports button that I don't understand why as it isn't like the car saves much fuel when not using it, and it shifts a lot better with using it. The fuel consumption is very nice at about 29 to 30 MPG, but that is with mostly city driving. The TomTom Nav system works fine, but takes some getting use to as there is a menu for it, a menu for the Instrument cluster, and a menu using the steering wheel too. The steering wheel having the buttons on the back for track and volume is nice. If you aren't the type of person to take care of wheels (rims), then get it with the 16-inch alloys or the black 17 inch alloys. The white rims are a pain to keep clean having to clean them every 3 days or so. The car performance is nice though, the shifter is a bit long causing some issues until you get use to it when you are shuffling. The exhaust pops and is a bit loud both with and without the windows down. The sunroof having just a mesh screen is a hot ride in the summer. Since the car is technically a two seater with a backseat for emergencies, it isn't that bad if you like sun coming down on you. The clutch in the Abarth is lite, but a bit on the firm side when it comes to feel as you can feel the engagement points really easy. The overall impressions I have about my Abarth is that if you are wanting an Italian car (which only the transmission is actually made in Italy), and you want a comfortable car around town and a car that isn't scared to go around corners in the country with a sporty enthusiasm, then this is the car for you. Oh, and the fact that the ride can be harsh with the 17 inch wheels, is a thing to keep in mind. You'll have a hard time finding winter tires for it too, or at least I do in my area. The 16 inch wheels are better for ride comfort, but the suspension is still harsh for some. 16 inch wheels I think do have winter tires for them, but I can't be certain as I don't have that. People may ask you about the Abarth a lot, or tell you that its "A nice car", so be prepared for A LOT of attention. I enjoy it, but then I do like a car like this which I see as a driver's car.

Bad cars

by Miller from Delaware | August 14, 2014

I had my fiat for 2 years they are really bad cars they are cute but bad. My car been to the dealership 5 times in one week and my car still messed up now it won't start at all. I would not get another fiat because they do not care about there customers because they saling bad cars

The Italian's have arrived!!

by My Bianca Cattiva 500 Sport from Chicago, IL Lincoln Park | August 1, 2014

I purchased a 2013 Cattiva 500 Sport (manual) just 15 days ago and cannot seem to stop staring at it every time I get out of the car. First thing that comes to mind is the styling, which is very clever for this particular type of car. I was amazed at how it was different from the other basic pop versions to include the specialty versions, i.e. (Gucci, GQ, etc..). The price tag for this car was 15,800.00 not including tax. The car came pretty much front loaded with heated seats, Beats by Dre Sound System, Sun Roof, Sport styling rims and brakes, and to not leave out the stylings which came appropriated for the CATTIVA. I hate to say it, but you are not going to find a car that comes with all of these features for this price. NO WAY. Before purchasing the car I test drove it with my Sicilian friend who happened to fly in when I was looking for a new car. He test drove it and was used to Fiat, however, he wouldn't stop .......Laughing, because the car was so much fun to shift and drive! He stamped his seal of approval on the 500. After that day I went in the next to talk numbers and purchase it. Now, I haven't seen many reviews on this site that offer a real Italian's perspective, but, this guy was really jealous that I had purchased this car and he was in turn driving a Honda Accord, which was bulkier and didn't actually get the great gas mileage that the 500 gets. The 500 sport, I have to say, is not just fuel economic vehicle, it is a fashion statement, an in-style car for not only a big city, but, country area too. Its performance for the price tag exceeds other cars on the market. Most americans think BIG when it comes to cars and in so, purchase the norm. This car is actually what everyone is saying about it, FUN! Its a stylish,fun, and economical. I would say its like the I phone when it first came out, people were leary about purchasing it, then they all caught on eventually. Go for a test drive. I dare you....

Lounge 13

by Lounge 13 from Chicago, IL | July 23, 2014

Got my 2013 Lounge not too long ago and love the car so much. It is a Lounge with a 5 speed which is somewhat of a rare option combo and makes this little guy the best of both worlds. The interior feels like a much more expensive car with amenities like heated leather seats and a sunroof and complete ability to tap your electronics in. USB port and Blue Tooth as well as audio jack enable you to connect with your vehicle in many ways. Your car can even be turned into a WiFi hot spot if you pursue that. In sport mode the car keeps up well and the mileage is as advertised, even in sport mode if you drive normally and don't throttle it all the time. Which you will want to do because it is a blast to drive. Handling is amazing. The only draw backs I can site are some interior adjustments that are needed. With the sunroof headroom becomes an issue. There is plenty of headroom but the seats are very high up in the vehicle. I hear they have corrected this in 2014 by lowering the height of the seat. They are also now offering the memory seat for the passenger as well as the driver and a passenger armrest too which addresses my other issue. The only other thing I would suggest is extensions on the sun visor. Minor tweaks I am sure they will correct. Overall it is an amazing value for all you get. I want to get right back in this car every time I get out.

The real Deal

by Snakebite from Central California | July 16, 2014

I bought this little Fiat 500 POP for the gas mileage. I have other vehicles for Speed, Long Trips and Hauling big loads. What I didn't expect was the amount of room and comfort it provides a 6' guy. I also didn't expect the car to handle as well as it does. It's just plain "Fun to drive". I can easily get 40 mpg, and even if I "Hot Rod" it in the Sport mode around the mountains it still gets an easy 35 mpg. The car was the cheapest car I've purchased since I bought my new 1967 Volkswagen, and it is much more car than the VW ever was. Even on our 107+ degree days the AC keeps things cool inside. I removed the back seat and now have LOTS of room to haul my "Stuff". This just might be the best deal in a car for today's run-a-bout use.