2013 FIAT 500

2013 FIAT 500
Available in 5 styles:  2013 FIAT 500 2dr Hatchback shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

these cars depriciate like crazy

by fiat 500t from manchester | August 22, 2014

this is my second review the first review was at 5000 miles and I gave it 5 stars now I got 28000 on it and have had some issues the tire pressure monitoring system has never worked right after about 6000 miles it keeps saying all my tires are low but they are not the other issue was the horrible clunking of the strut during cold weather took it to the dealer 4 times for both problems they are minor problems but annoying ones. These are not cheap cars my turbo cost 22000 a year and a half later its worth 12500 so for that reason I can not recommend this car to anyone even though I do like the car its just fun to drive and with the turbo it makes it funnier. but they lose to much value I give the car 3 stars now because of the depreciation

Fiat 500 Abarth, a Driver's car

by Robert from Raleigh, NC | August 18, 2014

This is about the FIAT Abarth 2013 (5-speed manual). The car has a sports button that I don't understand why as it isn't like the car saves much fuel when not using it, and it shifts a lot better with using it. The fuel consumption is very nice at about 29 to 30 MPG, but that is with mostly city driving. The TomTom Nav system works fine, but takes some getting use to as there is a menu for it, a menu for the Instrument cluster, and a menu using the steering wheel too. The steering wheel having the buttons on the back for track and volume is nice. If you aren't the type of person to take care of wheels (rims), then get it with the 16-inch alloys or the black 17 inch alloys. The white rims are a pain to keep clean having to clean them every 3 days or so. The car performance is nice though, the shifter is a bit long causing some issues until you get use to it when you are shuffling. The exhaust pops and is a bit loud both with and without the windows down. The sunroof having just a mesh screen is a hot ride in the summer. Since the car is technically a two seater with a backseat for emergencies, it isn't that bad if you like sun coming down on you. The clutch in the Abarth is lite, but a bit on the firm side when it comes to feel as you can feel the engagement points really easy. The overall impressions I have about my Abarth is that if you are wanting an Italian car (which only the transmission is actually made in Italy), and you want a comfortable car around town and a car that isn't scared to go around corners in the country with a sporty enthusiasm, then this is the car for you. Oh, and the fact that the ride can be harsh with the 17 inch wheels, is a thing to keep in mind. You'll have a hard time finding winter tires for it too, or at least I do in my area. The 16 inch wheels are better for ride comfort, but the suspension is still harsh for some. 16 inch wheels I think do have winter tires for them, but I can't be certain as I don't have that. People may ask you about the Abarth a lot, or tell you that its "A nice car", so be prepared for A LOT of attention. I enjoy it, but then I do like a car like this which I see as a driver's car.

Bad cars

by Miller from Delaware | August 14, 2014

I had my fiat for 2 years they are really bad cars they are cute but bad. My car been to the dealership 5 times in one week and my car still messed up now it won't start at all. I would not get another fiat because they do not care about there customers because they saling bad cars

The Italian's have arrived!!

by My Bianca Cattiva 500 Sport from Chicago, IL Lincoln Park | August 1, 2014

I purchased a 2013 Cattiva 500 Sport (manual) just 15 days ago and cannot seem to stop staring at it every time I get out of the car. First thing that comes to mind is the styling, which is very clever for this particular type of car. I was amazed at how it was different from the other basic pop versions to include the specialty versions, i.e. (Gucci, GQ, etc..). The price tag for this car was 15,800.00 not including tax. The car came pretty much front loaded with heated seats, Beats by Dre Sound System, Sun Roof, Sport styling rims and brakes, and to not leave out the stylings which came appropriated for the CATTIVA. I hate to say it, but you are not going to find a car that comes with all of these features for this price. NO WAY. Before purchasing the car I test drove it with my Sicilian friend who happened to fly in when I was looking for a new car. He test drove it and was used to Fiat, however, he wouldn't stop .......Laughing, because the car was so much fun to shift and drive! He stamped his seal of approval on the 500. After that day I went in the next to talk numbers and purchase it. Now, I haven't seen many reviews on this site that offer a real Italian's perspective, but, this guy was really jealous that I had purchased this car and he was in turn driving a Honda Accord, which was bulkier and didn't actually get the great gas mileage that the 500 gets. The 500 sport, I have to say, is not just fuel economic vehicle, it is a fashion statement, an in-style car for not only a big city, but, country area too. Its performance for the price tag exceeds other cars on the market. Most americans think BIG when it comes to cars and in so, purchase the norm. This car is actually what everyone is saying about it, FUN! Its a stylish,fun, and economical. I would say its like the I phone when it first came out, people were leary about purchasing it, then they all caught on eventually. Go for a test drive. I dare you....

Lounge 13

by Lounge 13 from Chicago, IL | July 23, 2014

Got my 2013 Lounge not too long ago and love the car so much. It is a Lounge with a 5 speed which is somewhat of a rare option combo and makes this little guy the best of both worlds. The interior feels like a much more expensive car with amenities like heated leather seats and a sunroof and complete ability to tap your electronics in. USB port and Blue Tooth as well as audio jack enable you to connect with your vehicle in many ways. Your car can even be turned into a WiFi hot spot if you pursue that. In sport mode the car keeps up well and the mileage is as advertised, even in sport mode if you drive normally and don't throttle it all the time. Which you will want to do because it is a blast to drive. Handling is amazing. The only draw backs I can site are some interior adjustments that are needed. With the sunroof headroom becomes an issue. There is plenty of headroom but the seats are very high up in the vehicle. I hear they have corrected this in 2014 by lowering the height of the seat. They are also now offering the memory seat for the passenger as well as the driver and a passenger armrest too which addresses my other issue. The only other thing I would suggest is extensions on the sun visor. Minor tweaks I am sure they will correct. Overall it is an amazing value for all you get. I want to get right back in this car every time I get out.

The real Deal

by Snakebite from Central California | July 16, 2014

I bought this little Fiat 500 POP for the gas mileage. I have other vehicles for Speed, Long Trips and Hauling big loads. What I didn't expect was the amount of room and comfort it provides a 6' guy. I also didn't expect the car to handle as well as it does. It's just plain "Fun to drive". I can easily get 40 mpg, and even if I "Hot Rod" it in the Sport mode around the mountains it still gets an easy 35 mpg. The car was the cheapest car I've purchased since I bought my new 1967 Volkswagen, and it is much more car than the VW ever was. Even on our 107+ degree days the AC keeps things cool inside. I removed the back seat and now have LOTS of room to haul my "Stuff". This just might be the best deal in a car for today's run-a-bout use.

2012- Worst Car Ever, Buy at your own risk

by MattB from Sterling, VA | July 10, 2014

When I first bought a 2012 Fiat 500 I loved it. I loved how it drove. I like the uniqueness of the vehicle. Fast forward two years and I traded it in at a massive loss because I was tired of dealing with the headaches of owning a Fiat. I had oil consumption problems with the vehicle, which despite bringing it in to the Fiat Dealership on numerous occasions, with no oil left in the vehicle (they even had to tow it there one time). They kept telling me there was nothing wrong with it and that they would need to do an oil consumption test. The vehicle ran out of oil on vacation and I brought it to another dealership and they located a service request to replace two parts in the event of oil consumption. They were only able to fix one of the parts as the other was out of stock and I was only there for a limited amount of time. I was told to bring all the paper work to my local dealer and they would fix the problem. They refused to replace the remaining part and recommended that I start the oil consumption test AGAIN, because I had taken the vehicle to another location. I have had 3 oil changes in the past 2 months, all of which I was required to pay for out of pocket. I have been to the dealership 4 times in the past four months. They want me to keep bringing it back every 1000 miles to see how it goes. Every time the oil magically vanishes from the car it creates other problems with the vehicle. It has caused cylinder misfires, the transmission box light to come on (which they had never seen before), and the check engine light to show oil starvation issues. I can't imagine the damage that is slowly causing to the vehicle. I tried to use their Fiat Customer Care to help resolve the problem and they just differ to the dealer that says to do nothing but read the dipstick. If you are hoping to take large amounts of time off from work to repeatedly bring your Fiat 500 to the dealership the Fiat 500 is perfect for you. Otherwise save yourself the trouble and look at any other compact car. Fiat still ='s Fix It Again Tony. You've been warned.

Loved It, Now I Hate It..

by Worn Out Fiat Driver from Charleston, WV | June 27, 2014

I bought my 2013 Fiat 500 back on December 9, 2013. Since owning this car a little more than six months now, I hate it. I was so "in love" with this car the moment I bought it, I never thought I would come to hate it. Upon buying my Fiat, it was very cold in December, so naturally, you can't test out the A/C. Well, while driving down to Tennessee in March, the temperature rose to around 70-75 degrees. A/C did NOT work. Bought it with a broken A/C, but didn't know it til' March. Next issue, my Fiat started to "squeak". Yes, you heard me. Squeak. What car squeaks? Come to find out, the studio told me it was my brake calibers. Told me not to set my emergency brake at any time because my calibers were wore. I never set my emergency brake, because I never have to use it. How can it be wore if I hardly use it? Next issue, my PCM went out in March, right after getting my A/C fixed. For those of you who might not know what a PCM is, it's the Powertrain Control Module..it bascially controls the whole "brains" of the car. If it goes out, your car won't run. Upon driving it home from the studio back in March after getting my A/C fixed, I noticed my Fiat was acting very strange. After I got it home, it stopped running. I could start the car, but it wouldn't run. I would push the accelerator down all the way, and nothing happened. So, I had to have it towed back into the studio and had all that fixed. Now, it's starting to make another squeaking noise when I hit a bump every now and then. I hate to say it, but I will NOT be recommending this car to anyone anymore. I used to tell people all the time how great of a car it was and blah, blah, blah. No, not anymore. I'm done and will be buying an American made car ASAP!

Exceeds my expectations

by Topolino from Minneapolis MN | June 19, 2014

I had rented a 500 sport with an automatic and I was impressed by the handling, the fuel economy and the design. My little POP is better that the rental in just about every way. It has a bit softer suspension, so the ride is more comfortable. It has a manual so the mileage and the driving experience is better. Finally, it has the white steering wheel and interior, in combination with a light green exterior and a sunroof. I feel like I'm back in the 60s in a car that has all of the modern features and the perfect retro style. It makes me smile everytime I look at it, driving is a joy and my payment is less than most people spend on Cable TV.

Might upgrade to an Arbath someday.

by Broke college student from Salt Lake City, UT | March 5, 2014

The Fiat 500 POP is small, definitely not a family vehicle but it is designed with plenty of personality. One of Fiat’s biggest hurtles is overcoming the buzz “it’s a poor mans mini” or “it’s a poor imitation of a mini” in reference to the British Mini Cooper. Admittedly, I used to be someone who held that view. 4 months later I begrudgingly went to take a look, took one for a test drive and the differences were immediately noticeable. The handling of the Fiat gives the same go-kart feel as if you are riding on rails, and it was a slightly smoother shifting and surprisingly better shocks. The Fiat wasn’t as bumpy or stiff as a Mini. It handled great in the snow and rain. These however are just the technical points. Some of the bells and whistles include the Blue&Me Bluetooth sync with your phone that also sync’s your contact list. Making for safe hands free driving, with controls for this feature conveniently located on the backside of the steering wheel, and usual stereo/radio with a package available for beats audio. Lets talk pretty. Available in 14 different colors the exterior will match panels on the interior, with a white or black contrast. The design is stylish with a little retro flair. The interior design is busy in some places and minimal in others. Stereo controls are minimal, and automatic window controls are one touch, but the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) can be a bit of a cluster. The speedometer is inset with the rpms, which is then inset with the EVIC. The EVIC will display the odometer, time, exterior temperature, and your choice of range remaining for gas, average fuel economy for trips A or B, instant economy, a digital display of speed or a variety of other customizable options. Aside from the potentially busy EVIC, the only draw back is space. The Fiat 500 POP is a subcompact car, so don’t expect the space of a sedan, and you won’t feel too claustrophobic. The only reason I selected a 3 for reliability is because they are still "new" and not much is known about reliability yet. I bought mine brand new, and everything has been great. Two passengers can sit comfortably in the front seats, but the back seat is more like “What backseat?” I can only liken the Fiat’s backseat usefulness to folding the seats down and fully utilizing the 73 cubic feet of cargo space rather than trying to transport actual people back there. Bless the kid who sat back there during our test drive.