2013 FIAT 500

Starting MSRP

Est. MPG

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Might upgrade to an Arbath someday.

by Broke college student from Salt Lake City, UT | March 5, 2014

The Fiat 500 POP is small, definitely not a family vehicle but it is designed with plenty of personality. One of Fiat’s biggest hurtles is overcoming the buzz “it’s a poor mans mini” or “it’s a poor imitation of a mini” in reference to the British Mini Cooper. Admittedly, I used to be someone who held that view. 4 months later I begrudgingly went to take a look, took one for a test drive and the differences were immediately noticeable. The handling of the Fiat gives the same go-kart feel as if you are riding on rails, and it was a slightly smoother shifting and surprisingly better shocks. The Fiat wasn’t as bumpy or stiff as a Mini. It handled great in the snow and rain. These however are just the technical points. Some of the bells and whistles include the Blue&Me Bluetooth sync with your phone that also sync’s your contact list. Making for safe hands free driving, with controls for this feature conveniently located on the backside of the steering wheel, and usual stereo/radio with a package available for beats audio. Lets talk pretty. Available in 14 different colors the exterior will match panels on the interior, with a white or black contrast. The design is stylish with a little retro flair. The interior design is busy in some places and minimal in others. Stereo controls are minimal, and automatic window controls are one touch, but the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) can be a bit of a cluster. The speedometer is inset with the rpms, which is then inset with the EVIC. The EVIC will display the odometer, time, exterior temperature, and your choice of range remaining for gas, average fuel economy for trips A or B, instant economy, a digital display of speed or a variety of other customizable options. Aside from the potentially busy EVIC, the only draw back is space. The Fiat 500 POP is a subcompact car, so don’t expect the space of a sedan, and you won’t feel too claustrophobic. The only reason I selected a 3 for reliability is because they are still "new" and not much is known about reliability yet. I bought mine brand new, and everything has been great. Two passengers can sit comfortably in the front seats, but the back seat is more like “What backseat?” I can only liken the Fiat’s backseat usefulness to folding the seats down and fully utilizing the 73 cubic feet of cargo space rather than trying to transport actual people back there. Bless the kid who sat back there during our test drive.

Fial Abarth

by Speed Freak from St. Louis, MO | February 6, 2014

I took delivery of a Abarth about 1,000 miles ago. I haven't had this much fun with a car in years. Amazing performance and handling...initial understeer is easily countered with a slight throttle lift. Great bang for the buck.

A remarkable car for the price

by Former BMW owner from Alexandria VA | January 10, 2014

I was coming out of a BMW so naturally had lower expectations for handling and power. Yes, it does have less power but what's there is more than adequate for this lightweight, beautifully designed car. I was coming out of a store to the parking lot last week and found two guys giving my Fiat an up-close examination. When I got there they told me how beautiful it looks (I have the Expresso with the Ivory/Expresso interior) and peppered me with questions. I told them I was initially interested because of the styling, both inside and out. It's "different" but way cool. It is surprisingly roomy inside, but then again I haven't sat in the back seat. It's really a two person car. Four can fit, but don't make it a frequent event. The instrumentation, sound system, features (power windows, cruise control, rear-wiper, Tire Pressure Indicators, etc.) are great. The Bluetooth system is simple to operate (voice-operated), and far less complex than my new Subaru Outback voice operated system. Mileage is as advertised, 25-34 MPG, handling is "sporty" for this price range, the design and aesthetics are awesome. My only less than excellent comment is on power. It is more than adequate for this size car, but gone are my BMW days with confidence I could rapidly accelerate to get through that lane opening two cars ahead (probably a good thing - driving more safely). The Heating/Air Conditioning works great - I could go on. Bottom line is you can't find another vehicle in this price range with the looks, features, ride, handling, and "wow" factor. No regrets - I love this car. BTW, I highly recommend the Maxpider custom "tray" floor mats for this car (and all others). They are extremely well-made, reasonably priced, and will provide years of protection for the interior carpet area. Oh, and if you want more power they have other models that provide it in spades. And did I say it parks like a dream - no more searching for spaces, it fits anywhere and no worries about dinged doors since there is always plenty of space on either side due to its small size.

A fun car to drive

by Chuck from Arizona | December 4, 2013

Purchased a Pop 2013 last November, 5 speed stick shift. A fun car to drive, reliable, and comfortable to drive. Handles nicely uphill drive and already took three across state trips, so it is comfortable to drive for long trips. Not a sports car but it acceleration is comfortable. Get 34 in the city and 41 on the highway, and that count due to the high cost of fuel. Because of the shift stick, I feel more in control and secure, and the shift stick is in easy reach. It takes curves nicely, this is a surprisingly maneuverable car. And one thing I noticed, because of the compact size I have more place to park it, but surprisingly roomy in the inside. The interior is simple, but I love it!

FIAT 500 POP AUTO

by car enthusiast from Wayne,Mi | November 25, 2013

THIS IS THE ONLY CAR IN 30 YEARS WE BOUGHT AND DIDNT NEED IT.RIDES SMOOTH ,SEEMS RICHER THAN WHAT I PAYED,GAS MILLAGE VERY GOOD,32>38.ITS FUN TO DRIVE,WHEN THE WIFE GIVES IT UP.THIS HAS GOT TO BE CHRYSLER/FIATS BEST KEPT SECRET,WE DONT FIT THE DEMOGRAPHICS FOR BUYERS BEING OVER 50 BUT I HAVE OWNED 50 PLUS CARS AND THIS IS ONE OF THE BETTER ONES.IF ITS BIG ENOUGH FOR YOU BUY IT! NOTE TO FIAT, FIRE AD AGENCY

Fun Stylish Fuel Efficient Value

by Barbarabowwow from San Diego | November 14, 2013

My little Bella Bianca has delivered on all the qualities touted by Fiat. The manual transmission is extremely smooth and adds to the fuel efficiency as well as the get-up-and-go. Holds it's own easily on SD freeways and is a breeze to park in the city. Cornering is tight, ride is smoother than the Mini, and it's cute as a button inside and out. I am transported to the Tuscan hills whenever I drive her. Reliability is yet to be determined, but I'm optimistic.

Lots of bang for the buck

by European car enthusiast from Glens Falls, Ny | November 12, 2013

Since purchasing my new 500, I've been getting 42mpg. 2 over the window sticker. Its also an ton of fun. Coming from several RWD BMWs I was expecting it to be ho hum. But I couldn't have been more wrong. Go give one a test drive!

All Around Great Deal

by BD from ABQ, NM | November 11, 2013

I looked at comparable sized cars (The Mini, Yaris) and realized The Fiat 500 was a better deal for the cost. I have a low end Pop and am 100% happy. I've taken it on road trips, camping (little bit off road and it handles great) and can fit quite a bit inside with he seats down. My girlfriend is over 6ft and not a tiny human. She fits fine. I recommend to anyone looking for a stylish, affordable and gas-efficient (I've gotten 38 freeway by watching my usage and hovering at 30 in city.) It handles well, and is amazing.

Great for city

by fjm from Georgetown, Tx | November 3, 2013

For driving around town and getting 34 MPG, its great. I have not taken this car on any short trips yet, so not sure how I would like it for on the road. I have a large SUV for that. Bought this car for the wife since she doesn't like to drive the suv. For 2 people this has plenty of room inside and rides and handles very good. This also has plenty of pep.

I love my Fiat!

by Gucci Fiat from Alamogordo, NM | September 7, 2013

I bought a 2013 Fiat 500 Lounge Gucci Edition back in July and I love it. I recently took a road trip and I got 44 MPG!! It was only supposed to get 35 MPG. Around town I get about 33-36, which is better than the 30 MPG it was supposed to get. The only thing I wish it had that is doesn't is electronic seat controls and lumbar support. I have a bad back so I get a little stiff on long trips. Other than that I love all the features. The price was great too. I couldn't believe a fully loaded Gucci edition was only a little over $25,000. My friend liked it so much he bought an Abarth! I love the sunroof. I've never had a car with a sunroof. It's really great on nice days. The interior is fantastic. Black and ivory with gucci stripes on the middle of the seats and Gucci "G" symbols embossed on the seats. The seat belts are Gucci colored. I love it! Theres a normal amount of room in the front, but if you have a person in the backseat theres not a whole lot of room. I would highly recommend this car for gas milage, price, features and looks!