2014 FIAT 500L

24–25 city / 33 hwy

Overall

2014 Fiat 500L Trekking

by Disappointed Fiat Owner from McLean, VA | May 9, 2015

The 500L is my 2nd Fiat. I traded my 500 Sport in because I needed a larger size to be able to fit a baby seat in the rear. I've owned my 500L for about 19 mos and at 28k, I'm being told by Fiat, the brakes are going bad and to replace all 4 brake pads & rotors. The rear brake pads are designed thinner and these are the ones that are worn. I've owned 9 brand new cars in my lifetime and NEVER, EVER did I have to replace brakes & rotors with this low mileage. The dealership is offering 10% discount, whoopee! I do all highway driving. Again, I've driven the same path and operated the vehicle the same as all my other cars and this has never been an issue. Fiat, I may have to go back to Honda! It's so disappointing because I love the 500L Trekking, but I'm not going to be replacing brakes & rotors every $30k miles!

Terrific Car!

by C. from Columbia, Maryland | May 2, 2015

I have owned my FIAT 550L for almost two years! It is excellent in being amazingly spacious, equipped with comfortable seats including great lumbar support and heated, back-up camera, sensor alarm to alert you if you are driving too closely to objects, car security alarm system, two glove compartments--one refrigerated!--superb visibility, and outstanding pick-up just to name some of the fine features of this car. I have owned BMWs for the last 30 years and I am so happy with this FIAT's maintenance record as in no repairs needed after two years! This car has great value! I picked a winner and highly recommend this car!

Fun car!!!

by Angie from Melbourne, FL | March 9, 2015

I LOVE my 500L! What a fun car to drive. The handling was a complete surprise. It is quick to respond. The visibility is great... And the interior room is amazing. Not at all what I expected. Great car!!

Not a winter car

by Formerhonda from Windsor ontario | February 15, 2015

The Fiat 500L is not a winter car. Needs to be plugged in (block heater) at night. After work stalls, low power because of the cold. Cheap tires. Spark plugs needed to be replaced at 3200 kms because they were dirty.

She's white hot

by White ghost from New York, NY | February 1, 2015

Saw this car in Italy, the love affair started then....it continues more then a year later.. Can't stand dealership Maintenance center.... They need to seriously brush up on Fiat, and not use my car as their guinea pig. Still loving her.

Most comfortable car ever!!!

by Fiona Fiat's owner from Irvine, Ca | November 7, 2014

Little car, easy to handle, spacious inside, very comfortable, easy in, easy out for us senior citizens, great back support in both front seats. We love our Fiat 500L so much we bought her eyelashes. She gets lots of attention.

Excellent Car For the Money!!!

by New Fiat Fan! from North Providence, RI | October 10, 2014

After researching cars I stumbled upon the Fiat 500L. I was in search of a car that was different looking than anything else on the road, but that was also fun to drive. So I scheduled a test drive and after driving it I fell in love and had to have it! For starters I LOVE the look of this car! I know it is very polarizing and there are two very separate camps in this regard. I got the Trekking package which makes it a little more rugged looking and adds the 17" tires and really nice looking rims. The interior is where this car really shines. It is so roomy and comfortable and you would never know this by looking at it from the outside. The infotainment system and GPS are outstanding and very easy to use! I also opted for the "dual clutch" automatic transmission. This is also a very controversial transmission and from other review sites they say it ruins the car... I think they are being a little dramatic as I love the transmission. It is a little different feeling from the conventional automatic as it is supposed to automate a manual transmission and has a little bit of a different pedal feel. But overall I like the transmission and like that I can also revert to manual mode if I ever want to. Lastly the thing that surprised me the most about this car is how fast it is!!! I was shocked when I first drove it, and the turbo really moves this car! If you are looking for a car that is practical but also a lot of fun to drive, the Fiat 500L is for you!

loving fiat/chrysler

by nate from detroit MI | August 29, 2014

I love my moms fiat 500l . it sounds good , my mom loves it , and I love it. People are always staring at the car , and telling us how nice it is and how nice it looks, and that they would pick a fiat 500l over a minicooper . But I have a few complaints. The uconnect should be the size of the Chryslers 8.4' incles, not 6.5 inches. Also it should have Pandora apps and iheartradio and more features that the bigger Chrysler uconnect has over the fiat/Chrysler uconnect. Also the 500l should have day time LED running rights . Most cars I seen on the road do. Also the instrument cluster should have more interesting features , like a welcome sound , a bigger lcd screen , and things like that. The 500L should also have some type of interior mood night light , for night time driving . To set the mood and make the car look more expansive then it is. One more thing , they should take the wheels that come on the easy and put them and leave them on the pop model. and design better looking wheels for all models except trekking . the trekking wheels already look beautiful , but they could be at lease 20's or 19's something bigger not 17' inch wheels.

One Year Old

by Mark from Phoenix Arizona | July 11, 2014

Overall a good car. I got the standard transmission and, with the Turbo, it is a blast to drive. Very comfortable with plenty of room There seems to be an electrical bug, but I can't demonstrate it to the dealer. Everything cuts out for a period of time. Won't turn over, nothing electrical works, then, suddenly everything works! Just had my 30,000 mile maintenance and found that spark plugs cost $29.70 each!!!!!!! $119.00 for 4 spark plugs. Dealer gives you the line "if you use other plugs you may void the warranty:" Yeah, and I may not. They did replace the battery under warranty although, I don't believe the battery should have failed in just a year. Could be a casualty of the electrical problem Overall, I'm very happy with the car and I would buy another. I traded a Mini Cooper for it, which I loved, but I do like the added room in the Fiat.

Experience could have been better.

by Fiat dad from Orlando, Fl. | July 6, 2014

The car is ok. Can not see all of instrument cluster because the sterring wheel blocks view. I have had it in for service 5 times in the two months I have owned it. The dealership (Greenway Fiat in Orlando) sold me a used 500L with 1200 miles on it and told me it was new with 10 miles. There was damage to interior and exterior. Paint damage is going to cost almost $1,000 to repair. I think I will be buying Toyota again on my next new car purchase.