We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2014 FIAT 500L

2014 FIAT 500L
Available in 4 styles:  2014 FIAT 500L 4dr Hatchback shown

24–25 city / 33 hwy

Overall

Best Idea Ever

by devvv from Nashville, TN | September 11, 2016

I had wrecked my Mitsubishi Eclipse (not my fault) and we decided to put the money we got from that into my dream car! I have wanted this exact car for years and I finally got it! It was extremely hard to find, seeing how I wanted it to be yellow, so we had to go all the way from Nashville, TN to Winston-Salem, NC to pick it up. I fell in love the minute I saw it. It is definitely an interesting car and you have to remember it's foreign. They put a dual Euro engine in it which has the economic efficiency of a manual transmission, but is an automatic. With this, it includes feeling like it "shifts" like an automatic; it's slow and jerky to accelerate. But it breaks beautifully. The interior (and exterior because mine is yellow!) is amazingly designed and it has SO MUCH ROOM. When I had told my friends that I had purchased a Fiat, they thought it was the small 2 doors, which I would have settled for if I could not find this one. They were pleasantly surprised when they saw it and even more when they sat in it. It has TONS of head and leg room, not exaggerating. Enough room for a short weekend trip. Haven't had to service it yet but mine only had 10,600 miles on it before I drove it home. Not too worry about making the wrong choice. If you're looking for a fun family car, but nothing too terribly large, this is it!! I promise you won't regret it!

sheer disappointment

by lumplump from florida | August 8, 2016

I am very disappointed with this car because I initially felt physically comfortable driving it. Then, at only 17k miles the clutch assembly went out. It was under warranty but being in the middle of nowhere and did not know who to call became my worst nightmare.

'WARNING - Don't BUY this CAR!'

by Frank from Glendale, CA | July 22, 2016

Never had a New Car fall apart at 70,000 miles, panel board went crazy, took it for a diagnostic check $138 and was told the transmission was shot. I serviced it consistently, NOT COOL!! Right after the 50k warranty had expired, the dealership wanted to charge me 12 hours of labor at $5,400.... DON'T Buy this Car, you will REGRET it.

2014 Fiat 500L Trekking

by Disappointed Fiat Owner from McLean, VA | May 9, 2015

The 500L is my 2nd Fiat. I traded my 500 Sport in because I needed a larger size to be able to fit a baby seat in the rear. I've owned my 500L for about 19 mos and at 28k, I'm being told by Fiat, the brakes are going bad and to replace all 4 brake pads & rotors. The rear brake pads are designed thinner and these are the ones that are worn. I've owned 9 brand new cars in my lifetime and NEVER, EVER did I have to replace brakes & rotors with this low mileage. The dealership is offering 10% discount, whoopee! I do all highway driving. Again, I've driven the same path and operated the vehicle the same as all my other cars and this has never been an issue. Fiat, I may have to go back to Honda! It's so disappointing because I love the 500L Trekking, but I'm not going to be replacing brakes & rotors every $30k miles!

Terrific Car!

by C. from Columbia, Maryland | May 2, 2015

I have owned my FIAT 550L for almost two years! It is excellent in being amazingly spacious, equipped with comfortable seats including great lumbar support and heated, back-up camera, sensor alarm to alert you if you are driving too closely to objects, car security alarm system, two glove compartments--one refrigerated!--superb visibility, and outstanding pick-up just to name some of the fine features of this car. I have owned BMWs for the last 30 years and I am so happy with this FIAT's maintenance record as in no repairs needed after two years! This car has great value! I picked a winner and highly recommend this car!

Fun car!!!

by Angie from Melbourne, FL | March 9, 2015

I LOVE my 500L! What a fun car to drive. The handling was a complete surprise. It is quick to respond. The visibility is great... And the interior room is amazing. Not at all what I expected. Great car!!

Not a winter car

by Formerhonda from Windsor ontario | February 15, 2015

The Fiat 500L is not a winter car. Needs to be plugged in (block heater) at night. After work stalls, low power because of the cold. Cheap tires. Spark plugs needed to be replaced at 3200 kms because they were dirty.

She's white hot

by White ghost from New York, NY | February 1, 2015

Saw this car in Italy, the love affair started then....it continues more then a year later.. Can't stand dealership Maintenance center.... They need to seriously brush up on Fiat, and not use my car as their guinea pig. Still loving her.

Most comfortable car ever!!!

by Fiona Fiat's owner from Irvine, Ca | November 7, 2014

Little car, easy to handle, spacious inside, very comfortable, easy in, easy out for us senior citizens, great back support in both front seats. We love our Fiat 500L so much we bought her eyelashes. She gets lots of attention.

Excellent Car For the Money!!!

by New Fiat Fan! from North Providence, RI | October 10, 2014

After researching cars I stumbled upon the Fiat 500L. I was in search of a car that was different looking than anything else on the road, but that was also fun to drive. So I scheduled a test drive and after driving it I fell in love and had to have it! For starters I LOVE the look of this car! I know it is very polarizing and there are two very separate camps in this regard. I got the Trekking package which makes it a little more rugged looking and adds the 17" tires and really nice looking rims. The interior is where this car really shines. It is so roomy and comfortable and you would never know this by looking at it from the outside. The infotainment system and GPS are outstanding and very easy to use! I also opted for the "dual clutch" automatic transmission. This is also a very controversial transmission and from other review sites they say it ruins the car... I think they are being a little dramatic as I love the transmission. It is a little different feeling from the conventional automatic as it is supposed to automate a manual transmission and has a little bit of a different pedal feel. But overall I like the transmission and like that I can also revert to manual mode if I ever want to. Lastly the thing that surprised me the most about this car is how fast it is!!! I was shocked when I first drove it, and the turbo really moves this car! If you are looking for a car that is practical but also a lot of fun to drive, the Fiat 500L is for you!