1992 Ford Aerostar

Information Coming Soon

Overall

1992 aerostar XL all wheel drive

by Jamey from Topeka Kansas | May 31, 2014

I got my Aerostar from the first owner, I got it in Cheyenne WY, for $800 dollars, it was for sale because the owner was retired, The Van was in Vegas all it life, he got it new there, removed the two back seats, had the dealer put the heavy springs so he could deliver stuff to the hospitals in Vegas, he said he had the motor rebuild at the ford dealer that he got it and had papers, It was done at 127,000 miles, I got it with 174.000 on it, all it needed was a starter, went to junk yard and got one for $30 dollars, it had new tires all the way around, it was dark red paint that looked like it was never waxed, anyway I waxed it 3 times, I took it to Topeka KS, last year I put brakes, new exhaust complete, new shocks, plugs, wires, dumped antifreeze, changed thermostat, temp sending unit, turpentine belt, around $1000,00 it has 195,000 miles on it and it runs like a champ, don't burn any oil, don't leak any, the van has no rust on it any ware, it has all power and everything works, last month I run to Denver and back, around 1100 miles, ran 75 with the cruse sent and I averaged 23 miles to the gallon, Im in Topeka Kansas and my aerostar is the best looking aerostar in town, everything here in rusted, bumbers broken, all beat up, I even still have the 9spoke factory full aluminum rims on it, I have never seen a aerostar with those rims, Im a Disabled Veteran now and I was homeless in Cheyenne for 4 months in the winter and I lived in the van, I will get a nother auto some day but I will never sell this van

Goes in the snow

by Some dude from Missouri | July 30, 2012

I have this van with 4 liter 4 wheel drive. It goes in the snow like it was made for it. Rust is an issue, engine is hard to get to. Plugs have to be changed through wheel well.

92 Aerostar

by Voodoo from Shaylersville, Ohio | August 19, 2011

I thought the Ford Aerostar was a good van overall. If Ford could redesign the Aerostar, that would be great. In my opinion, this car is possibly the ugliest van ever to come to the world. I prefer to see a porta potty getting cleaned. I think the Aerostar was A LOT better than the worthless Windstar.

Decent Van

by Leigh from | July 1, 2010

Bought this car in 1999 with 60k miles. Had no major mechanical issues other than routine repairs. The interior paneling and fixture started falling apart the year after I bought it. The van also was garage kept 85% of the time it wasn't being driven and had major rust issues. It had 150k Miles on it when I got rid of it for the 1996 model. Over all good for a Ford

A very reliable vehicle with room for 7 plus cargo

by Dave from Portland, OR | April 18, 2007

I've driven my 1992 Ford Aerostar for over 7 years now and have it is just about to hit 200,000 miles. It is a good running vehicle and I have had very few problems with it. It has the versatility to haul 7 passengers comfortably and still have room for a big trip to the grocery store. You can't find many vehicles with capability to haul people and cargo at the same time anymore. My only complaint is the engine compartment is very tight but it is manageable to work in there. I have serviced all kinds of things on this vehicle and Ford did a pretty good job creating access points for almost everything in the engine area except the upper rear area of the engine. The lower area is accessible through the tunnel in the cab. You also have a wealth of experienced owners out there on Ford truck forums to help when you have an issue pop up.

Featured Services for this Ford Aerostar