1996 Ford Aerostar

Available in 4 styles:  Aerostar Passenger Van XLT shown

Get Value

See Photos & Videos

Overall

I know why they stopped making it!

by Car from United States | October 5, 2013

This car is horrible. I bought a 1996 with 126,000 miles on it and was a as-is special. My daughter wanted a spare car just in case her primary car broke down. Which is a 2009 Ford Explorer. She wanted something that could seat her large family of 6. A month later the transmission busted and you couldn't go faster than 25 miles an hour. I asked for another car on the lot and said I would pay the diffrence because the car was more expensive than the Aerostar. The dealer wouldn't. So I ended up walking away with $500 and I paid $3,550 for the car! Not as much about the Aerostar but wanted to tell you about my bad experience with the dealer. Although, the car is very un realiable.

Shoulda named it the Ford AeroTank

by 1977Mach1 from Greenville, SC | May 27, 2011

My father left me a '96 model with 150K miles on it. Original everything except exhaust. Runs unbelievably well. It's pretty good on fuel, too. With black running boards it even looks pretty good. I like it so much that when the motor or tranny finally succumbs to age, I will be getting it rebuilt. The rear wheel drive makes it the best handling large vehicle I've ever been in.

i have had 5....

by aeroman from | March 29, 2011

I have had 5 so far and hope to have one always, wish ford still made them, Mine have been 4wd, 4.0L "x" code vans. Greatest thing in the snow"it's virtually unstoppable" in the winter living in the second hilliest cities in America, Fitchburg MA

Aerostar Fan

by 2 time Aerostar owner from Littleton,Colorado | April 15, 2010

I just got rid of a 1989 Eddie Bauer edition that finally lost the tranny at 353k 9with just basic maintenance and with a motor that still ran good, had her hauled away and went back out and bought a used 1996 clean with low milage,very confortable to travel in and are not so bad on fuel 20 mpg or so in the city. Extremely realiable and I have not been stranded ever in a Aerostar. If Ford would bring them back I would be the first in line.

Best vehicle I've ever had..

by Rick from Eugene Oregon | November 12, 2009

Bought my Ford used with 39000 miles on it in 98' and it just turned 189,000 mi!!! Original motor and tranny. Can't beat that..Still runs strong and everything works fine..So who cares?

Featured Services for this Ford Aerostar