1995 Ford Aspire

36 city / 42 hwy

Overall

Great Value for the Price

by CarMasterWannabe from Bremerton, WA | June 13, 2013

I bought this car used a few days ago, it is pretty basic, but it runs great. Its a great car for the value and still runs like a dream even after 121k miles. This may not be the fastest or most flashy car, but it is fuel efficient and drives great. Not much to complain about for the price I paid.

Little Train That Could

by justcallmejoe247 from Texas | May 2, 2012

What a wonderful car to have owned...purchased in 1997 with 23K showing on the odometer, the car lasted until the head gasket blew at 245K. Maintained like no other--timing belt every 70K, drive shafts replaced at 160K. I never, ever got tired of driving this car. It as good on gas-35 to 40 hwy. Used to commute 100 miles a day round trip, it only failed me once--fuel pump died at 200K. Granted the Aspire was a rebadged KIA--but Ford could sure learn a few lessons from their Korean brothers and sisters.

Great Car

by Auto Tint Jim from St Louis Mo. | October 12, 2011

When I bought this car brand new, I didn‘t know it was made in Korea until I got it home. I told the wife, it won‘t make it past 60,000 miles without needing a major repair. It now has 165,000 miles on it and I literally have done no scheduled maintenance other than changing the oil and antifreeze. The car still has the original clutch, original belts, original hoses, original rear brakes, original struts, original transmission fluid, I have never had the air conditioner serviced and it still works!!! I wish I would have thought to buy two of these at the time.

Great on fuel

by Miss Lily from Winnipeg, Mb | July 2, 2011

I am very happy with my '95 Aspire. Have had it since 2003 and have had to replace the timing belt, and the usual maintenance parts. It starts very well even on the coldest winter days here in Mb. My mpg are at 56. Saddened that I hit a deer just this week and will have to give up the car as insurance will not fix it up. Just the best car for getting from A to B. I need to find me another one.

I love my Popcan!

by i love my popcan from Minnesota | April 20, 2010

This car is great. I've had it for about 4 years now and the only 2 things I've ever had to fix were a cracked windshield and I replaced the serpentine belt. It's not in the greatest shape, nor was it when we bought it, but the thing lasts! I'm almost at 200K miles and it still runs fine. Uses almost no oil at all and the gas mileage that baby gets is amazing for a 15 year old car! The only issue I have with it is that the car likes to squeal a bit when it's cold or first starting up since I've replaced the belt but other than that it's great! PS. I have a 1995 5-door

best lil car made

by varooom from new mexico | June 22, 2009

250,000 miles and still going strong only minor repairs brakes belts tires drove it Fla, 20 times 40 mpg at 7-80 mph mine is at cd etc will keep it till she blows never used any oil had to put a alternator on it 125.00 most i ever spent on it love it to pieces my lil baby Cindie

I would sureley bye annother

by frondo broke mechanic from salem ohio | February 8, 2007

only problem I can find is the spedo cable makes a crazy noise and the needle bounces other aspire drivers complain of this too

Featured Services for this Ford Aspire