1990 Ford Bronco II

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Excellent little SUV

by UpNorthAviation from Oscoda, MI | February 3, 2011

I inherited a 1987 BII back in 1995, and drove it happily until 2000. It went better than my Jeep Wrangler, in almost all conditions, turned sharper too. Two things to mention, the 2.9 FI engine is known for cracking it's heads occasionally (although mine never did), and on the unit I had, my father replaced the manual transmission at 110,000 miles, and I had that transmission let go at 230,000 miles. Overall totally worth it. And who's to say the tranny didn't let go due to neglect? I know I didn't do any tranny maintenance for the 110k miles I owned it. I would not hesitate to recomend this vehicle to anyone, with the normal 20+ year old vehicle caveats.

Got great usage out of this car

by Seminarian from Illinois | January 28, 2011

I was given a Bronco II at the end of its long service of nearly 300,000 miles. It had little quirks after a while, and now it is finally time to move on to a new vehicle, but I really enjoyed driving this little beast.

BADASS

by bryer the carlson from cayucos california | December 8, 2010

this car is the best compact suv ever made, i took mine through 4ft of mud and snow and ice and sand. this car is worth the money dudes!!!

Uses car for Off-roading

"Saved my life" reliable

by Teddy from Tucson, AZ | February 21, 2010

I was trekking through some of the "dirty" down in Mexico with a few friends. We were going to camp just outside Mexico City right around Pachuce in the mountains.(Drove down from AZ) The terrain is very rough and untraveled, but w/ my modified Bronco II and a friends Jeep Cherokee, we attacked the run. After a few hours, my buddies Jeep ended up taking a dump, leaving us in the middle of some very wrecked mining trails WAY away from any towns. I winched out of the rut, but he left his car in neutral at the top of this hill. His Jeep rolled back down w/ my Bronco still winched and it took both of our 4x4's down the side of a ridge w/ us in it. Some how after rolling over a few times down a steep ridge, winched to a jeep, we came out alive on all fours at the bottom of a wash. The Jeep was toast, but the Bronco still worked! We left the Cherokee there and the lil' buckin Bronco of mine pulled us out of this wash and back into town. AMAZING LIL SUV THIS IS.

Uses car for Off-roading

Great little SUV

by Shaykie from Reno NV | September 26, 2009

I bought the 1986 ford bronco II Eddie bauer About 3 months ago. This little SUV is great! Took it offroading a few times in pretty difficult trails and it goes like a champ everywhere you take it. the past weekend i drove 1400 miles in 2 days and i cannot bee more satisfied with how it handled the trip, except the fact that my exhaust is pretty loud, so is my stereo(: Cons: the gas gauge is not accurate also after replacing the fuel pump that Includes Fuel Pump, Sender, Float and Strainer. its pretty slow off the start

I love my bronco

by jessie bug from alcoa tn | May 27, 2008

I named my bronco foxy roxy she's my baby doll she looks and runs wonderful and she makes me look good to you dont see many girls driving them so of course me being a women I love it. I have taken her 4 wheeling and she does great I love mine to death I wouldn't trade her for the world.

This truck will never quit on you.

by Scuba Steve from Illernoise | October 26, 2007

You'll never find a tougher little truck. I've heard bad things about the automatic transmissions. I got it stuck in mud so thick the wheels would not move. I must have nuetral dropped from redline fifteen times before I realized that I should use 4wheel low. 20,000 miles after that and the transmission is still shifting smoothly. Great little truck to drive through town. The Eddie Buarer tan interior is also very nice.

Only truck i need

by Finn Maccuhmail from Florida | May 15, 2007

I bought my 1990 bronco2 a month or so ago, with 98000 miles on it. i have never owned a truck before, nor did i want to, i only bought it cause i couldn't find anything else i could afford. my kind of vehicle is more the muscle car type. that being said, this is the most fun vehicle i have ever owned. it handles like a car, sits up high like a truck, gets great gas mileage, and handles bumps potholes, and dips like a dream. i have not used the 4wd yet, but plan to soon. all around great vehicle.

Featured Services for this Ford Bronco II