2014 Ford C-Max Energi

40 city / 36 hwy

Overall

Great Car!

by Brisham from Portland, OR | December 3, 2014

I've owned the C-Max Energi for a few weeks and have put over 1000 miles on it. Overall, the car is comfortable, sporty, and very economical. I've been getting over 60 MPG combined, which includes a trip to the mountains for skiing. What's helpful is I've got level-2 charging (240v) at home and at work. SYNC is great, allowing me to make hands-free phone calls and control the navigator, entertainment, and other functions with a press of a lever on the steering wheel and voice commands. A note: sometimes, the system misunderstands, which an get a little time-consuming. The car holds 5 well, and it's got great acceleration, except when the car switches from electric to gas. Then it can be slightly underpowered. Overall, I'd say this is one of the best cars I've owned, and well worth the money. It seems reliable, but we'll have to see what comes down the road.

2013 Ford CMAX Energi

by Love my CMAX from Vancouver, WA | August 7, 2014

I love my car! The electric/gas mileage has outperformed my expectations. The interior is so spacious compared to other vehicles this size and there is actually headroom! Our 6'3" son can sit in the front or back seat comfortably without having to bend his neck.

93 L five-speed Lexus croupe

by Pixel Pete from Santa Barbara California | July 23, 2014

I find the instrument panel to be difficult and confusing. The ride is a little rough and not as quiet as I had expected. Hate to tell you this but but I am comparing it with my 2011 Chevrolet volt.

A very efficient and well built American car

by Proud American Car Owner from Baltimore, MD | June 22, 2014

The C-Max Energi is a great car for a commuter. It gives us a full charge in under 2-hours with our 240v charging station in the garage. The Atkinson engine is quiet and substantial and gives you no sign what-so-ever that you sacrificing power for efficiency. The car is not a lightweight, so concerns about safety and feeling like you are blowing all over the road(like in other hybrids) are non-existent. Even an individual who drives normally will see benefits in mileage in the C-Max Energi, but for people who care, you can really do amazing things to maximize efficiency. The car itself and the "My Ford Mobile" sites give you great feedback in your driving and let's you compare to other drivers. The cost issue is another benefit. We were surprised to get a nice check from the state and tax break from the federal government as incentives. I'm not sure of the current situation. Unlike other expensive vehicles, this car gets cheaper to operate. Our electricity bill has barely changed and our "time of use" electrical plan means that nighttime charges are pennies. The engine runs very little , if at all, in local commuting , so engine maintenance requirements are reduced. Leather seats standard, more than capable of traveling any distance and makes you feel great!

Cmax

by Bah from Mansfield, Texas | May 6, 2014

Unbelievable gas mileage and great features. Love this car. I have found the acceleration to be more than expected from a hybrid plug in.