2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid

See Photos & Videos

Overall

2013 Ford C-max SEL Hybrid

by dr burke from Alaska | April 5, 2014

I reiterate what others have said. It's a great car. Really great milage and there is the hang up. They all complain of lower fuel milage, than advertised. BUT, they don't add in the milage on battery, the EV milage. Sure it gets 40+ miles per gallon, but you have to add on the EV milage. MPG+EV+MPGe My last trip I got 53mpg+EV=60+MPGe I use the C-saw method of driving my hybrid. I cruise at 55mph and when I see the eTank half way fuel ( use the gas gauge half war mark ) then I back off 2 miles with the cruise control neg level. This will kick in the EV batteries to run on electric. When the EV is exhausted and the engine kicks back in, I + increase my speed by two miles per hour. And then repeat the cycle. The only thing I don't like is the seal on the rear lift door, it doesn't do a good job of keeping snow out. But, hey, this is the best car I have ever owned and I get by on less than $50 per month for gas. dr burke

I am a fan

by drive 36000 miles a year trialing dogs from | January 20, 2014

I have had my C-Max SEL a month and a half an logged over 7000 miles. Drove to FL and back from Wi using 66 gal of gas. I have some back issues and the seat was very good- no pain. Operating the tailgate with your foot is very handy when hauling a full load to the car. My husband and I travel with 3 dogs. You can never have too much space but this works for dogs, cages, gear and suitcases. The navigation and sync are awesome. I love this car.

It's a good car, but ?

by C max beleiver from South Central PA | November 10, 2013

The short and sweet Mileage: We live in South Central PA, our daily commute to work is 45 miles one way, 2 lane roads with gentle rolling hills, and 1 mountain (2200 Ft elevation). We have no problems averaging 41 to 42 MPG on this trip, we do try to get fuel mileage but don’t try to hyper mile. At 20,000 miles, our life time average for this vehicle is 40.2 MPG. I did a fair amount of research on this vehicle and only really expected maybe 38 MPG, so I’m happy. Interior: We have an SEL, it’s nice and is comfortable. But, lacks storage space. No real features behind the front seats. I like the upright seating and is one of the main reasons I bought this vehicle. HVAC works great, Sound system is pretty good . Performance: Hey it’s a 2 liter compact mini van! But it runs good, has enough power to pass, drives nice, ride is good and is quiet. Take a test drive. Quality: At 20,000 miles, we have not had any issues with this vehicle. Overall we’re quite happy with our purchase and would buy another, If you’re interested in a C Max and are bothered by some of the negativity, use some common sense. I had over 20 vehicles in my life, none of them got the advertised fuel economy. I am not a FORD fan, this is my first new FORD. Go to your local dealer and test drive one.

Nice car so far. only had for 3 weeks

by gene from salado Tx | November 8, 2013

Fuel mileage not as advertised but not bad. Front seats are comfortable. Back seats a little hard for adults. Over all nice car.I am satisfied with my purchase.

Back to the Drawing Board Ford

by Fan of Ford from Mission Viejo, CA | October 29, 2013

Pros: Sync is great, drives better than the Prius & fits popular jogging strollers in the back Cons: Stated fuel economy is a flat out lie which makes the value nonexistent Bought this car for my wife since my family has been religious Ford owners for 3 generations. Wife was expecting to drive a lot opting out of our Lincoln MKX for the C-Max. Too bad you can only expect to get the 47 mpg combined if you drove downhill for the rest of your life. Ford actually sent all C-Max owners a $500 refund for their mpg lie. We couldn't even stretch the mileage to 40 mpg driving like a total moving hazard (i.e. not accelerating like one safely should, and braking weeks in advance to regen the battery). Not to mention, I own a 1972 GMC Suburban 4X4 on 37" tires that has a tighter turning radius than our C-Max (seriously, no joke!) Also, the vertical space inside makes for a roomier feel than the Prius but don't expect to have space in the back seat for anything below your knees if the driver or passengers are at least 6 feet tall. I will only buy Ford trucks like I have so religiously done in the past. Ford trucks are great, but the C-Max is a hasty attempt at the Prius market. Back to the drawing board Ford.