2001 Ford Crown Victoria

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Last of the classics

by Vic from Uxbridge, MA | October 25, 2013

I bought my 2001 Crown Vic in July 2013 with only 50,000 miles on it. This is an amazing car for the money. The 4.6 Liter V8 has plenty of power but gets ridiculously great gas mileage for a 2 ton car. The interior comfort is great, there are no electronic frills to go wrong, has full instrumentation and everything is easy to see, read, and use. This is the way cars used to be and for some of us Old Schoolers, its a blessing. Rear wheel drive, incredibly reliable, and so easy to drive. It literally reminds me of the old Impalas, Galaxies, etc of the late 60's and early 70's. And talk about easy to work on, just like they used to be. I never for a minute thought I would own and drive a Vic, but when it came time to buy a new used car, I did my research as I always do and my dealership had an emerald green 01. After reading countless consumer reviews and ratings of this car and how current owners raved about their older Crown Vics, I couldn't ignore what was painfully obvious. That these cars can go hundreds of thousands of miles with little maintenance and high reliability. I'm so glad I did that research and followed through with the results, have not once regretted buying this car.

Reliable Police Car

by P71 Interceptor from Pompano Beach | December 17, 2012

I enjoy this vehicle! Its fast enough and air conditioning blows very cold! Ford built a tough vehicle that was made to last! Deeply sadden that they decided not to rebuild the vehicle with a better power plant and better interior features for law enforcement. Vehicle has plenty work space just lack of power and the weight of the sedan couldve been lessoned. I love it.

Very reliable, rides great and peppy

by Ole Smokey from Somerset> Ky | July 26, 2011

Milage 18 - 23 Mint shape. very clean No dents, like new and a one in 1000 car! Drives beautifully !!!!!

You can't go wrong with a P71

by HiredGeek from Delaware | November 29, 2008

I bought my 2001 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor with less than 90,000 miles on it... at that age, it has more life left in it than most NEW cars. Big, precise, fast and roomy... inexpensive to repair (you can buy a brand new Ford engine AND transmission for less than $5000)... if you appreciate big American iron, and want a used car worth keeping for many years, a Crown Victoria is a great choice. Best bet: Buy a genuine Police Interceptor, identified by the model designation P71 in the VIN. CVPI's come with the best combination of durability and performance options, including some that are ONLY found on police models.

CROWN VIC INTERCEPTOR

by LUCY from Minnesota | August 8, 2006

Best darn used vehicles I ever bought. This car had about 85000 on it when bought. Now has 165000 and I change oil regularly and fill up the gas tank over and over again. Very smooth ride and safe feeling to drive. I have put new tires on once and replaced the front brakes and rotors (only about $95 in parts). This is the second used Crown Vic squad car I have owned and I will buy another one when this one reaches about 200,000 miles. No wonder the police and taxi companies buy these cars as they are made to last.

Featured Services for this Ford Crown Victoria