2006 Ford Crown Victoria

See Photos & Videos

Overall

a lemon

by pantherplatformfan from vincentown nj | December 18, 2013

have been a fan of the panther platform but this particular car was a headache. constant problems with heat ac controls. ac stopped working properly at 60000 mi.. replaced intake. replaced heater controls and broke again at 70000. 87000 miles bottom end noise in motor. had enough. traded for 04 grand marquis. hope I have better luck with it. a co worker has a 1995 grand with over 200000 miles and still going so I know theyre capable cars

Great car

by Jim from Indianapolis, In. | September 30, 2013

Very comfortable, smooth ride but responsive. Good pickup, and plenty of power to pass. Repair parts are plentiful and reasonably cheap. I hope this car lasts many years.

Loving my Crown Vic

by Sparky the Blue Blurr from California | September 1, 2013

I inherited my crown vic from my uncle in Sparks, Nevada. This gargantuan beauty can MOVE, but boy does she like to drink (averaging 15mph in the city). My sister likes to remind me of her Cavalier's 30mpg on the freeway, and in exchange, I always enjoy reminding her of the Cavalier's heat-cracked dash, and the fact that in the same amount of time it took her to throw $1,500 in repairs into her car from wear n' tear, I still haven't put a penny into repairing my ford...because I've never needed to. Unlike Californian Vics, mine had the spotlight, and push bumper pulled off, and the interior is some sort of rugged plastic. Even so, the adjustable lumbar support, sheer amount of space, and overall sense of quality construction makes for a very comfy ride; quite, too! The trunk is ridiculous; my parents own 2 Saturns ('01 SL1, and '04 Ion) Each car holds only a smidgen over half as much as the Crown Vic. Mine now has 114,361 miles on it, and runs like a dream. At this rate 228,722 isn't even a question, this car is solid.

Yes, it's a Cop Car! And it's Mine!

by Baltimore Car Guy from Baltimore, MD | December 27, 2011

This 2006 Police Interceptor is the real deal. Featuring the Street Appearance package, it closely mirrors a standard Vic. The interior matched the standard except there's no power seats and there's an AM FM cassette for "entertainment". Mechanically, at 61K miles, the vehicle is solid. No noises, rattles or anything. Fuel economy? What's that? 16 mpg around town and 23 on the highway. Not bad. My 2003 Impala doesn't do much better. I love the rumble of the v8 and rear wheel drive. This car rides tight, hugs the road and feels safe. They'll start disappearing soon as Ford killed the Vic. If you find a good deal as I did, grab one. You won't be sorry. This car is my third find via Cars.Com.

Wonderful riding car

by DB from Mississippi | October 14, 2010

This is one of the last well made highway cars on the market today in my opinion. This car is excellent for long trips for the comfort and ease of handling. I recommend this vehicle to anyone. the gas milage is suprizing for the large V-8 motor but it gets 26 MPG on the highway. There is power to spare when needed to pass on the two lane roads where I live in Mississippi. I insist on not buying imported cars and am glad Ford is making such a good dependable vehicle today.

Crown Vic terrific salesman's car!

by In my car from Seattle, WA | December 7, 2008

The Ford Crown Victoria is a fine salesman's car. I generally put 15,000 to 30,000 per year on my cars, and averages a surprising combined 22 mpg. (18 city, 25 freeway) Since 1991, I have owned three of them generally selling or trading when they get to about 85,000 miles, so they still have some value left in them, though I am convinced that they would run 150,000 miles without significant trouble. At my last purchase, I looked at smaller cars including mid-size Ford and the Lincoln equivalents with front wheel drive. These cars were capable of 30+ mpg, but the loss in interior and trunk space, which is often used to capacity, ruled them out. Replacing factory tires with Michelin all weather premium tires improved ride and weather handling characteristics. LX Sport package in current car provides a noticeable handling and performance benefit, and I like the center console ship configuration. Saftey is an important consideration and the Crown Victoria has excellent ratings in this department particularly when the highway is being filled with lessor rated small cars.

Worth It's Weight In Gold

by Tow Trucker Joe from Lynnwood, WA | February 28, 2008

I have got two Crown Vics (police interceptors aka P71) and love them both. I have no problems at all driving downtown in Seattle. The cars have a lot of power to get me out of close call accidents and the steering is that of a sport tuned race machine. My 98 has been hit many times in the rear and not once had a scratch or cracked bumper. I have even backed in to a concrete pole at 10 mph and just came to a stop. No scratches or cracks. There is a reason why police have them on the force. They are fast tanks that just ask for more. Giving the cars high octane gas (premium) gives me another 50 -60 miles to the tank. 300 miles to the tank on average with regular octane gas. 360 miles with premium. That's awesome considering it's a V-8. I don't know of a mustang that gets that good of gas mileage. It's the same engine.

FORD CROWN VICTORIA LX SPORT

by JVJ from BROOKLYN, NEW YORK | June 16, 2006

THE FORD CROWN VICTORIA LX SPORT IS A REAL CAR FOR YOUR BUDGET. THIS CAR OFFERS PLENTY OF ROOM SAFTEY, SECURITY, PERFORMANCE AND GOOD GAS MILEAGE. BOTH ON STREETS AND HIGHWAY. MY BLACK 2002 CVLX SPORT, IS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE OWNED. AND WILL PROBABLY BUY A NEW ONE AGAIN.

Featured Services for this Ford Crown Victoria