The E-Series is available as a commercial van and as a passenger van that can carry up to 15 people. Formerly called the Econoline, the E-150 competes with the Chevrolet Express and Mercedes-Benz Sprinter. The E-150 is the base version, with the E-250 Super Duty and E-350 Super Duty versions providing higher gross vehicle weight ratings.
(Skip to details on the: E-250 Super Duty, E-350 Super Duty)
New for 2012
All models receive a standard MP3 jack, and cast-aluminum wheels are a new option. A dual battery system replaces the auxiliary battery configuration as an option.
The Ford E-Series features a large front grille and squared-off headlights. Also, the rear doors can swing out a full 178 degrees. Swing-out 60/40-split doors are standard on the passenger side, but a sliding cargo door is available as a no-cost option. Swing-out doors are the only choice in the rear. Exterior features include:
- Standard 16-inch steel wheels
- Available chrome bumpers
Aimed at commercial applications, the cargo-hauling E-150 is fitted with two bucket seats. Passenger models have seating for eight occupants on two front buckets and a pair of three-passenger bench seats. Optional captain's chairs reduce seating positions to seven. Interior features include:
- Standard air conditioning
- Available Sync multimedia system
- Available power windows, locks and mirrors
- Available in-dash computer with high-speed internet access; mouse and printer can be connected
- Available navigation system with real-time traffic data and fuel prices
Under the Hood
Two engines are available for the E-150. Mechanical features include:
- Standard 225-horsepower, 4.6-liter V-8 with 286 pounds-feet of torque
- Available 255-hp, 5.4-liter V-8 with 350 pounds-feet of torque
- Standard four-speed automatic with overdrive
Safety features include:
- Standard dual front airbags
- Standard four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Standard electronic stability system with Roll Stability Control
- Available backup camera
- Available factory-installed integrated trailer-brake controller
E-250 Super Duty
Rated for heavier duty than the E-150, the E-250 Super Duty has the same engine choices but comes in both regular and extended lengths. Extended vans are 20 inches longer overall. Passenger wagons aren't available in this series.
- Standard 225-hp, 4.6-liter V-8
- Available 255-hp, 5.4-liter V-8
- Standard four-speed automatic transmission with overdrive
Back to top
E-350 Super Duty
The E-350 Super Duty is available in regular and extended lengths. The E-350 Super Duty passenger wagon can seat seven, eight, 11 or 12 people; extended-length versions seat 11, 14 or 15 occupants.
The standard E-350 Super Duty engine is a 5.4-liter V-8. A 6.8-liter V-10 is available, and it works with a five-speed automatic transmission.
- 255-hp, 5.4-liter V-8 with 350 pounds-feet of torque
- Available 305-hp, 6.8-liter V-10 with 420 pounds-feet of torque
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2012 Ford E-250.
Asking Price Range