2009 Ford E-350 Super Duty

See Photos & Videos

Overall

The Big Van Is the Best For Us

by Jamie from Geneseo, NY | December 12, 2011

We used to have 10 in our family, and we have driven a Ford 15-passenger van for probably 10 years. Now that my husband has gone to be with the Lord and two of our sons have moved to places of their own, we tried a smaller vehicle. But the room for things like our cello, our family-sized cooler chest, and my son's accordion in a case convinced us that we are still more comfortable with a large van. A bonus is that we could take it personally to a company in Manchester, Penn., and have it converted to 4WD for the steep snowy driveway we have to deal with in our Western New York winters. We like the extra cup holder in the 2009, as well as more pockets and a glove compartment! The digital odometer is nice, too. I am especially enjoying the power windows and locks that I didn't have on the 1999 van. This is a great family car and not hard to park, as some might think. My sons take their driving tests in the big van and pass with flying colors.

Family Bus

by dlaplante from Lincoln NE | October 22, 2011

For those of your with more than five children, the Ford E-350 Superduty is the vehicle for you. I paid significantly less than I would have paid for the Chevy van, and the E-350 has become a great family vehicle. I am getting 15 mpg, which is a few miles less than I was able to achieve in our Suburban. But, I can now haul my family of 8 with no problem!

If there's a better Full-Size Van, I'll eat a bug.

by Rv'er from Chicago | July 2, 2010

Built on Ford's Super Duty truck chassis, this platform and powertrain is proven and tested over more than a decade in Ford's legendary F-Series. The V10 is bulletproof and built to be a solid (if uninspired) workhorse powerplant. Steering feel and chassis balance is simply amazing in a brute that weighs in north of 3.5 tons. It's no sports coupe, but the steering is weighted nicely, tracks true on the highway and the chassis absorbs chuckholes that would make lesser trucks shudder in pain. Resale values are poor --to the buyer's advantage. Find a low mileage, late model and drive home happy! Highly recommended for RV'ers and folks who need to tow something and move lots of passengers (or a large family).