2007 Ford Edge

Available in 6 styles:  2007 Ford Edge 4dr FWD shown

Overall

So far- So good!

by Laur from Chicago area, IL | February 24, 2014

Just got this 4 yr old Edge about a month ago. It is absolutely fabulous!! So far we love everything about it, I just hope we don't have trans problems like some of the others are saying. We did purchase the extended warranty so we should be covered - it is an amazing warranty. We used to be Chrysler people but have turned into Ford people in the recent few years.

LOVE BOTH OF MY FORD EDGES!!!

by Ford Edge Lover from Park City, UT | February 15, 2014

I bought a lease-end 2007 Ford Edge AWD SEL 3 years ago. I love this car! It's fun to drive and extremely versatile. I can take it fly fishing, skiing, camping or I can shine her back up and attend an evening event. It has been low maintenance and I loved my first one so much that I bought a 2013 Ford Edge AWD Limited to keep in another state. I continue to be a very satisfied Ford customer. I've bought a dozen or so Ford vehicles over the years and the Edge is my favorite. Being a single gal, it is important to have reliable transportation and my Fords have always been reliable and have given me many years of great service. A great value and quality!

DO NOT BUY..

by Elvira from Vidalia, Ga. | January 17, 2014

Do not buy this car unless you plan on spending thousands of dollars on a transmission. It is pretty much a given you will have transmission problems, everyone I know that has had one has had transmission problems. It started messing up before warranty went out...but they could Not figure out what was wrong with it until after several tows to the shop. By then warranty had expired!! $4.400.00 to repair car! Dangerous, could kill you....when it messes up....you can push on the gas and it will not go...when you shift from drive to another gear the whole car jolts like someone hit it. It will leave you beside the road...many times!!!!

Great Car

by gism from Metro Detroit | January 2, 2014

I bought my 2007 Edge SEL plus AWD new just 4 months after they came out. Now at 123k miles Its been flawless except for a new transmission replaced under the extended warranty at 95,000 miles. To my surprise Ford guarantees the replacment transmission for 3 years and 100k miles. This is the only car I have ever owned with no little issues such as rattles, squeeks and small stuff which can drive you crazy. It still rides smooth and quiet. I love the comfort and space as well. I can get 4 sets of golf clubs behind the 2nd row so my golfing buddies can all go in one car. I plan on buying another one.

My Love for the 2007 Edge SEL!!

by Finally Got My Ford Edge SEL from Olathe, Ks | June 2, 2013

I have been pricing Ford Edge for almost 2 1/2 years. So, I knew what I wanted! I drove my 1999 Ford Windstar for 13 years and truly loved it. So, I know/hope the Edge will hold its head up high too, don't disappoint me :>)) I will refer others to the Ford Outlet. Thanks Jason for a great car shopping experience! I purchased Suv on 6-1-2013 so my review is fairly young. So, ask me about the Suv in 1 year.

Sporty and stylish!!

by MY edge from Bakersfield, CA | November 20, 2012

I Love my edge, its excellent for on the go people like me. Its stylish so I am always looking good on the road. It drives excellent, and is roomie for when I go shopping at those big bulk stores. I simply love my car!!! I get so many compliments on my edge.Good on gas and has just enough power and the size for my needs.

Nothing but problems

by upset from Dallas, TX | July 31, 2012

We bought our '07 edge a few months after it came out and everything was fine untill this year. First when putting the car into reverse and then into drive the shifting was messed up causing a jolt in the car. Then when driving in town and being stopped at a red light the car wouldnt move when pressing on the gas. Then the car would rev up and not shift correctly. We had to have the transmission replaced this past year for over 3,000 dollars. I dont believe we are ever going to buy a first year model again.

Keeping this one for as long as I can

by College Kid Dylan from Honolulu, HI | March 18, 2012

Wow this is such an amazing car I love it. Bought my 07 Edge SEL Plus used about a year ago with only 55k miles. It runs so incredibly smooth and is so much more comfortable than the Jeep Cherokee I used to own. Its also the year of 07 and that is the first year they started making the edges. It handles so nicely as I went on a few trips with friends. Everyone had more than enough legroom! Perfect size not the best on gas but still pretty good. Lots of power for a V6. It has treated me so well and has now about 68k miles. I plan on keeping this car till it dies. Ford you did an excellent job! Oh and navigation is also very user friendly as well. If your thinking about getting a Ford Edge definitely do it! Best decision I have made. Still shines like I just bought it and everything!

almost got it very right

by from an explorer to an edge from NJ | July 31, 2011

Has a terrific feel in the rain & wet pavement, unless you are at a light then thepowerful engine has to start off lightly or the wheels spin a bit. Had a transmission problem but it was addressed. They didn't beleive me at 1st so I told the ford dealer to take it home and after 30 mins of driving it was bucking slightly. Fixed under warranty. The AC vents are silly & do a good job of cooling down the steering wheel. The room inside is great, better than explorer. I'm 6' 3' and can fit in the back seat behind where I had my front seat set & had los of room & head room. Don't have the steering wheel radio controls though & have to reach a bit to touch radio, not comfy. Seats are very comfy. I have a base model with no awd & boy did I suffer last winter without it. Got stuck a few times, only the extra few inches of clearance are relevant if you dont have awd. Boo! Rear view mirror auto dim is great. Brakes are a little mushy too, feel like they arent big enough for the heavy car. Gas is not great either, about 350 miles on a highway tank and 315 city tank. Here's my main gripe- it's hard to see over the front fenders when turning. It really has blind spots there so no matter how I pull into a parking spot at the store I am never centered. Don't get this car for a new driver because that's a big deal. All in all though I a happy. Hope the transmission does not give me problems down the road like Fords can do.

Great little car

by Ford Man from Van Nuys, CA | June 15, 2011

Love it, bought it new and currently at 28,000. Had a tramsmission problem at 26,000 fixed under warranty and has been fine since. Ya the AC vents are goofy and don't blow that hard but living in So. Cal it works okay, after you cool it down it is fine.