2008 Ford Edge

See Photos & Videos

Overall

FORD EDGE

by CALI GIRL from Cromwell, mn | April 10, 2014

Love this car. Tons of leg room and feels very stable and safe, even on snow covered roads. Even my husband is impressed with the edge. He says he would even buy another one.

Love it!

by Jen Loves Her Edge from Raleigh, NC | February 16, 2014

I have always felt that Fords are more expensive than some of their foreign competitors but being a Michigan native, buying American is the only way I'll go. Other than the price tag being a little higher than I wanted to go, I love my car! It's roomy, comfortable, it's a nice quiet ride, and I have the limited so it's fully loaded. I wish the navigation maps were automatically updated rather than having to order updated DVDs but that's not a huge issue. I love the huge sunroof, heated leather seats, built in navigation system, the effortless sync with my phone, the USB and aux ports, the abundance of space inside without the vehicle being too big, and the spacious cargo area. I'm very happy with my purchase and look forward to my first road trip in this car.

Love/Hate

by Mechanic Joe from Jacksonville, FL | November 3, 2013

I really like this vehicle. It drives great and $60 ceramic pads will fix lack of braking. The Limited is loaded for the money. I just wish there wasn't so much plastic used in the interior. Now the real bad. There needs to be a recall due to a major transmission issue. From my research, it appears to be $65 senor, but it wreaks havoc when it goes bad. I will see what the dealer says it is. This a researchable issue, so do your homework. If it fixed the first time, I would recommend the vehicle.

Edge

by Ford Edge from New Jersey | January 14, 2013

The ford is very roomy, but does not look bulky in the exterior. I have two sons and it greats for all the sports they take. I do not regret my purchase

Great vehicle

by 57sforever from Buffalo | June 11, 2012

Bought with 11'000 miles now have 90,0000miles. Only issue has been with replacement tires. Original Equipment tires got 56,000 miles.replaced with yokohamas. Only got 34,0000 miles and they gone. You should know Yokohama will not stand behind them. Do ot buy their tires. It is Michillins for me.

One of the best vehicles I have ever owned

by Super Sport from Central Connecticut | April 3, 2012

This Edge came equiped with all the bells and whistles available. The Sync system was great, allowing me to talk on my phone hands free, a valuable tool when doing sales on the road. The vehicle handled like a dream, steering was very responsive,ride was comfortable and roomy. Satallite radio was great, but the best feature was this had an imput for an MP3 player so I could listen to exactly what I wanted to hear. This vehicle is a definate 5 stars!

Another solid Ford product

by brokenarrow924 from Massachusetts | January 3, 2012

Another solid Ford product! Decent on gas, great power and acceleration. By far the most leg room that I have found. I am 6' 2" and fit with room to spare. I would like the radio and other controls a little closer to the driver. Even though some of the controls are located on the steering wheel they still seem just out of reach. Their is plenty of space for four and plenty of storage in the rear. So far I have had only one problem with the vehicle mechanically, Brakes. The ride is very smooth although slightly more truck like than a car.

Love it!

by idk from Austin, Tx | August 25, 2011

I just purchased the 2008 SE a few days ago, and I already love. I feel safe in it, which is one the things that sold me on it. Not much to complain about on this one. Safe, reliable, worth the money. The one problem I do have is when turning left, the side mirror does block the visibility of the lane. so it's kind of hard to tell if you're in the lane or going to hit the median, but other than that, everything so far is great.

What's not to like?

by StonemanWhat"s not to like? from Ohio | February 22, 2011

Having driven this car both in the city and on major road trips, I am impressed. I've driven Chrysler Town & Countrys for the last 12 years and thought they were great vehicles until the redesigned junk came out. My Edge puts them to shame. The Edge being an CUV, I didn't expect the great ride it gives. Plenty of power and with AWD no problems in the snow. I'm sold!

I really love my Edge!

by Joe's Mom from Snohomish, WA | February 15, 2011

We purchased a 2008 Edge in November of 2010. It is a Limited with pretty much all the options--AWD, nav, vista roof, sport suspension, Sync, etc. It is a great car in inclement weather--very sure-footed in the major snow storm we had three days after we bought it. It seems a little noisy on acceleration from a stop, but it has great high-end power--my sweetie got it up over 100 mph on the test-drive, and it could have gone faster--don't tell the state patrol. The features on this Edge really make it fun to drive. The Sync system works great--very handy to have hands-free calling capability. All the buttons are on the steering wheel, and it was easy to learn the voice commands. The Nav system in 2008 is an older version that requires a CD--it lacks an internal hard drive for route information--but I understand you can buy newer CD's for about $100.00 as streets change. The vista roof is great--fully open, it makes the Edge about as close to a convertible as you can get in a crossover vehicle. The car just feels safe and sturdy, and will hold five adults with no problem--the back seat is actually a little higher than the front, which makes the rear seat passengers feel more like part of the party. Lots of cup holders, too! The rear seats flip down at the touch of a button so that you can put big things in the back--very handy! I only have two complaints. The gas mileage isn't great--about 17-18 mpg in kind of combined city/highway driving--but we knew that going in. The other thing is visibility--I have to be really careful in parking lots that I don't run over pedestrians, as the roof pillars are very wide, and the side-view mirrors are huge. I sit pretty short, so I just have to be very mindful as I drive to look both ways carefully. Other than that, it is a great car--especially as well-equipped as this one is.