2012 Ford Edge

Available in 7 styles:  2012 Ford Edge 4dr FWD shown

Overall

What a Disappointment!

by Stuck With a Lemon from Los Angeles | July 4, 2014

I am really surprised that there are so many positive reviews for the 2012 Ford Edge. I doubt the 4,500 character maximum will be enough to express my extreme disappointment in this vehicle and Ford's lack of customer service. I have experienced nothing but issues since the first month I owned this car. The sync system is absolutely useless. At least 50% of my calls are either dropped, or never even placed. Ford's response to this was that it might be an issue with my phone. After purchasing a new phone the problem has continued. Several more attempts bringing my car back to multiple Ford service centers and the problem still exists. The navigation system rarely works as well. My home, it turns out does not exist as a place to go. Understandable if I lived in the sticks or a new community, but my house is in the middle of Los Angeles and has been here since the 1950's. At best 20% of the time the navigation will work properly. If I drive over a speed bump at a reduced rate my passenger side mirror pops out. Twice I've brought it to Ford for repair and each time they say theres nothing wrong with it, although it continues to pop out. I've had everything under the hood replaced (brakes, boosters, a/c, master cylinder, leaking brake fluid, faulty power steering, faulty condenser) as well as faulty door latches, and today for no apparent reason the car just won't start. The majority of the issues all took place during the first year I had the car. Naturally one would assume that it must be a lemon. I contacted Ford and they quickly responded with a letter stating, "We have reviewed your concern and find that your vehicle does not meet the eligibility requirements under the California lemon law." Odd, since they never spoke to me about my car, or ever took the time to inspect it. Most frustrating has been all the time and money I have spent attempting to address these issues. I am a single working mother and have lost wages due to these issues as all Ford service centers shuttles are just beyond my place of employment and they refuse to accommodate me. I will say that one of the last times they had my car (for 4 days) the service manager finally felt some pity on me and offered me a beat up smokey rental. I was beyond grateful even though any other dealer would have offered a loaner from the start. Also, on one occasion my car needed to be towed in and while Ford claims it has roadside assistance they asked me to use AAA instead. I am literally counting the days until my lease is up. A 3 or 5 series BMW would have been a more affordable choice. They never breakdown, they cover all repairs and upkeep, shuttles available to all locations and loaners on request even if you're just getting an oil change. All for less than the price of a basic American car. Thats just sad. I hope that no one else has suffered with this vehicle as well.

Probably the finest vehicle I've ever owned.

by High Standards from Columbus, Oh. | April 14, 2014

I had never rode in or driven an Edge prior to purchasing one. What a wise choice. This is probably the nicest and most sound vehicle I've ever owned. It is quiet on the road yet handles with the soundness of a sports car. The best of both worlds also comes with a well appointed interior and smooth exterior styling. I think Ford hit the "jack pot" on this one. A very, very nice vehicle.

Absolutly LOVE it!

by Chdetrick from Atascadero, CA | January 14, 2014

My wife wanted a small to medium SUV. We looked at many types and brands and settled on the Ford Edge. I started my search and cars.com gave me the most information and opportunities. I narrowed it down and found the perfect one that fit our budget and had everything we wanted. cars.com helped me find the perfect SUV for my wife. It was the best Christmas gift she has received in a few years.

A very nice SUV to own!

by Geno from Tukwila , WA | November 29, 2013

This SUV rides very smooth and feels solid, the interior looks and feels of quality materials. The exterior styling is smooth and has great eye appeal. I feel Ford is really going in the right direction in the last few years!

Never again

by JCS from Louisville KY | July 16, 2013

This vehicle has been nothing but problems. Owned since May 31, 2012. I have had the vehicle in the shop 7 times for repair issues. The car started with issues of dying when slowing down. Extremely dangerous. Finally the dealer replaced harness and adjusted the idle speed higher which leads to burning more fuel. Now the brake booster has failed and I have to pay to replace and owned the 13 months.

great looking vehicle

by edgy from Paris, IL | April 4, 2013

wish it got better gas mileage, however - only 22 max so far on the highway, whereas our Escape got 25. In town driving it only get 18.

Somewhat Disapointed . . . .

by HuesFL from Palm Harbor, FL | December 20, 2012

I've owned my Edge for about 10 months and here are my pros and cons: PROS Performance - I don't know why some people need a Turbo. It performs very well without it. Handling - It handles bumps and curves very well for this type of vehicle. CONS NO Bluetooth (it does have a PHONE button that just mutes the audio) Cruise Control - awkward controls (GM is much better) No Compass - Audio System - I must have the cheaper radio. Poor sound quality. Manual Headlights - Interior - Too much plastic Mostly my fault for not shopping the competition. Just average value for the price paid.

love it-best ride

by ronboy from livonia,mi | December 6, 2012

this so much nicer than the 07 edge i had.the ride and noise level are so great.the dealer was great the trip out to imlay city was a little long but i was glad i did it.

Love it Love it

by wichie from Salt Lake City, Ut | October 15, 2012

I have never enjoyed a car like I do my Edge. I have had and driven many makes and models and the Ford Edge has got done them all. The features and elegance of my Edge Limited has been a wonderful experience. I took it on my 1st road trip and it was such a wonderful trip. I had more compliments and second looks on the road and in parking lots that I felt like a million bucks. So yes again I LOVE IT - I LOVE IT

Living on the Edge

by Caps Fan 8 from Amherst | August 23, 2012

I didn't give reliability 5 stars because I have only had the car for a month but this is one of the nicest vehicles I have ever owned. It is completely load with sync, chrome wheels, backup camera, USB ports and more. It drives great, feels solid and is definitely a step up from my Ford Escape. It cost more but well worth the money especially since I got 3k off in incentives and a great rate. I love this car and I feel safe driving it.