2013 Ford Edge

Starting MSRP

Est. MPG

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best New car we have owned

by New car Entusiast from Buffalo, WY | March 2, 2014

So happy with the ride and all the new tech! Proud to drive a Ford! I find the comfort of the seats fits me. Also happy to have another AWD, which for our winter driving is so important. Our first time with a navigation system, so we will be able to take road trips away from our area and be able to find motels, etc. easily ( I hope!) Thank you Ford Motor Company,

2nd Ford Edge I've owned!

by Davido from metro Detroit Michigan | March 1, 2014

U may find a mid size SUB that is cheaper in price but u won't find the total package that is an Edge. My 1st one was a 2010 model that I put. 65000 mis on before trading for the current 2013 Edge Limited I now have..what an improvement the New model is inside and our and the 10 was no slouch in any way. Better ride more power better looks better MPGs. And better tech options. Never any issues on either Edge and the big deal media makes about MyFord Touch is overblown.Try it for yourself driving is believing.

Too many issues!

by Lindsey from Texas | February 24, 2014

Please do not buy this car! I have a 2013 ford edge & it has so many issues that I am not driving it right now! I'm paying for my own rent car because Ford and Ford corporate refuse to help me. They are issues from a recall & ford says they can't "reproduce" it. But everytime they give it back to me I have no problem "reproducing" it on the freeway where I will surely be injured if I continue to drive it. Please for your saftey DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!

Great Car

by Gism from Metro Detrpot | February 14, 2014

I recently purchased a 2013 Edge SEL AWD pretty loaded up. I traded in a 2007 Edge with 125k miles and never an issue. This new one has been upgraded to a new level. Its smooth, quiet and very comfortable. Nice interior design with soft touch materials. It has my touch and navigation. Frankly the so called professionals who review this don't know what they are talking about or maybe they are so old they simply can not get used to the electronics. It works great and was easy to learn fairly quick. Voice commands are spot on. Its pretty nice to just say climate turn on rear defroster rather than looking away for the control. Its light years ahead of what cars used to offer. Ford has a home run with this one.

nice car

by silver bullit from springfield tn. | January 25, 2014

A very fine automobile. The only thing that brothers me is the headlights. When driving at night on a rural road if you enter a dip or small valley you lose the vision while on low beam. You only can see about two car lengths ahead.

Our first family vehicle

by Ford Fan 2014 from Harper, KS | January 19, 2014

It is great on road trips, plenty of room for heavy shopping, and really good on gas. The steering is very smooth and it rides so well. Plenty of leg and head room for tall folks, and the seats are very comfortable. I would recommend this vehicle to a family on a budget that is starting out.

Ford Edge SE 2013 v6 3.5l is fast

by Porsche968 from Central Florida | January 17, 2014

Cons: SE is a very basic model. If you are going to keep it for more than 3 years, I'd recommend the SEL. More comfort features. Get less than the EPA rating of 19/27 (22 average). Although this is likely to increase, currently get 17/22 (20). Ask me again in 1,000 miles. However, at 45-55 miles per hour with cruise control and no A/C it WILL get 28/30 mpg. I just don't consider 45-55 Highway speeds. $895 destination fee. Ford financing is expensive although their telephone response is the best. Some torque steer at full acceleration. Driver needs to practice experiencing this. Sport mode (6 speed manual) does not give you full gear control. However, the sport mode is in fact faster. (tries to run in a lower more powerful gear). Pros: End of year SE model priced very competitively. Very good value for the money spent. Amazing acceleration. My son and I timed the 0-60 at very close to 7.0s. I've read anywhere from 6.8 to 7.5, but I think it's legitimately under 7.0. Faster than my Toyota Sequoia. And 50% better fuel mileage. :) Cruise Control allows you to dial in actual speed. So quiet and smooth you don't realize how fast you are going!!! Seriously, I thought the speedometer was off. $4000 in rebates for an end-of-year vehicle. 2013 purchased in December 2013. Received extremely good value on my trade in. Adaptive 6 speed shifts flawlessly. Gas gauge is accurate to within 12 ounces. Extremely accurate readings low gas warning message is great. sound system pretty good middle seat go up/down easy Can fit 10 foot long pvc pipe inside! which is impressive for a mid-sized SUV. Sporty looking

Love the car

by Daily Driver from Northern Wisconsin | January 12, 2014

Overall I thin this is a fantastic car. Very comfortable and quiet. Given that it is an SUV performance isn't great, but it has plenty of power, it's smooth shifting, and cruises nicely at freeway speeds. It seems all cars are expensive, and for what we got with this car I am impressed with the value - still $30k + is lot of money for anything. Cannot say too much about reliability, but so far so good - no issues. Drove the car on super icy roads, and counted over 20 cars off the road as we drove securely by - letting the police and tow trucks do their jobs. That confidence felt nice.

Ford Edge

by DJ from Stafford, VA | January 8, 2014

This is an amazing SUV. Its astounding. The comfortability is ridiculously good. The sofftest seats ever. The perofrmance is more than greta for an SUV. The gas milage can be a tiny bit stumpy but thats kind of expected for an SUV with a V6 engine. This car was wroth it. It gets 4 stars from me

2013 Ford Edge Sport

by Jimi from Texas | January 4, 2014

My previous 3 vehicles were Ford ( 02 Ranger Edge 150 k miles when purchased, 08 Mercury Milan 36 k miles when purchased, 09 Ford Escape 27k miles when purchased.) All of the vehicles I've owned were fantastic vehicles as far as reliability. I still own the 02 Ranger but I've lent it to my mother. We traded the Milan in on the Escape only because I wanted an SUV and we wanted to trade it in before the miles got too high. We recently traded in the Escape on the 13 Ford Edge Sport because we found out it had been wrecked and had frame damage which we were not aware of when we purchased the vehicle. It was a great car, handled great, looked great. My only complaint was the leather seemed on the cheap side. As soon as I found out it wasn't exactly safe for me to drive, we were on the hunt. I love SUVs and had always liked the Edge. We test drove the Edge Sport and it has everything! We saw reviews that the Sync/Ford Touch system was hard to use so that was one thing we looked at first. I'm not sure of the age range reviewing or the experience level with electronics but it was not difficult to figure out. There are a lot of options that you can go through but you don't have to. So, take those reviews with a grain of salt. I'm not sure about the complaints on road noise either. My escape had terrible road noise due to the frame damage I assume. The Edge Sport is quiet. If you want Mercedes ride and lack of road noise, shell out the cash and get a Mercedes. Also, ours is new, not used and that does make a difference. I am impressed with just about everything. The back up camera is amazing, the blind spot monitors are to die for as well. It's taking some getting used to as its a bigger car than the escape but that's another thing I love. A lot of room! Not sure what the complaints are on storage. How much and what do you need to keep in your vehicle? Seems like a petty complaint. There is plenty of storage for me. If you live in your vehicle, spring for something larger. Be aware that some people are not stating whether it was new or used that they purchased and they are also not saying what model. Obviously, a base model Edge is not going to be as nice of a ride as the sport or limited. No complaints here. I'm a satisfied Ford customer yet again!