2013 Ford Edge
Starting MSRP $27,700–$39,150
A few years ago, the Ford Edge crossover received a revamped interior with an available high-tech entertainment and communication system dubbed MyFord Touch. The exterior also gained some styling tweaks. A turbocharged four-cylinder engine is available along with two V-6s. The five-seat Edge competes with crossovers like the Dodge Journey, Nissan Murano and Toyota Highlander.
New for 2013
The six-speed automatic transmission is now available with a Sport mode while the SEL trim level offers special leather seats with Alcantara simulated suede inserts, a body-colored grille and 20-inch wheels with black accents.
The Edge's face is marked by slender headlights, a horizontal-bar grille and a bumper with a plunging design. The Edge has standard 17-inch aluminum wheels, but 18- and 20-inch rims are available. The Sport model gets massive 22-inch polished wheels and a unique black grille. Exterior features include:
- Available xenon high-intensity-discharge headlights
- Available power liftgate
Ford upgraded the Edge's interior for 2011, and numerous distinct panels that formerly made up the dashboard's top were replaced by a single piece. The available MyFord Touch system gives both the instrument panel and center dash controls a high-tech appearance.
With the system, the traditional analog speedometer is bordered by two LCD screens that can be configured to show various types of vehicle information. An 8-inch touch-screen in the middle of the dash has menus for the climate, audio and navigation systems, among others. Below the screen is one of the Edge's distinctive features: touch-sensitive pads that replace many of the traditional buttons you'd normally find.
Available features include adaptive cruise control and a Sony stereo. Interior features include:
- Standard cloth upholstery; optional leather
- Available power-adjustable front seats
- Available Sync multimedia system
- Available MyFord Touch system
Under the Hood
A 3.5-liter V-6 that makes 285 horsepower is the base engine and is standard on all trim levels except the Sport. The Sport comes with a 305-hp, 3.7-liter V-6. All models except the Sport have the option of Ford's turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that makes 240 hp. When equipped with this engine, the Edge has fuel-saving active grille shutters. Mechanical features include:
- Standard six-speed automatic transmission
- Front- or all-wheel drive
Safety features include:
- Antilock brakes
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags for both rows
- Electronic stability system with Roll Stability Control
- MyKey system for parents to impose vehicle restrictions on teen drivers like a limited top speed, a persistent seat-belt reminder and limited stereo volume
- Optional rear parking sensors
- Optional backup camera
- Optional collision warning system
- Optional blind spot warning system
Cars.com Expert Reviews
|David Thomas||Cars.com National||October 15, 2012|
|Cars.com Staff||Cars.com National||August 10, 2012|
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Ford Edge
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.