2014 Ford Edge

Starting MSRP

Overall

Lovin my Edge

by kream63 from | June 17, 2015

JUST BOUGHT MY FORD EDGE, AND I LOVE IT! The only draw back is that mines didnt come with sunroof nor rhe start up button. Over all im enjoying it!

Too soon to tell

by Ted from Los Angeles, Ca | May 14, 2015

The car should have a privacy screen for the trunk area. That is a major drawback as well as no buttons for the garage door to open.

disappointed

by Bob from Traverse City, MI | March 23, 2015

First Ford in a long time. Dealer treatment excellent. Car is terrible. 3000 mile trip 20 mpg at best on AWD model. Can't seem to get gage to tell me. Nav and gages hard to use. Took Garmin and it saved us. Acceleration and handling very good. Ride and seat very hard. Took a toll on my back. Lots of cabin roar. Dash is cluttered. My pickup is more comfortable and quieter. Good around town. Wife is OK with it. Easy to park and maneuver. Will be confined to that service. Poor value.

So far so good!

by family oriented from Scottsboro, AL | March 13, 2015

Drove F150 and loved it. Had to reconsider spouse needs so we switched to looking for a SUV or mid size car. Found that the Edge would be practical and comfortable and especially safer to our needs. The staff was great and receptive to our personal finance needs as well.

Most UNCOMFORTABLE Driver Seat, EVER!!!

by NoLikeyEdge from Santa Rosa Beach, FL | March 9, 2015

You will have spine pain and issues within 10 minutes of driving your new Ford Edge. Biggest mistake I ever made choosing this car. It was a Fleet Vehicle, so I did not test drive prior to choosing. In my nearly 30 years of driving, I've never actually complained about a driver seat. UNTIL NOW. :-(( Do yourself a huge favor and test-drive this car an a little longer than normal. If you can handle the driver seat, then this car might be okay. I am trying to find a way to return it and replace the seat.

Pretty reliable car on the market

by The Edge Guy24 from Winchester, va | February 18, 2015

Overall, I love my Ford Edge. It has a very roomie interior with tons of convenient features. I went from a BMW to the edge and surprisingly still feel like I'm in a luxury car without the luxury price. However my edge has given me a few fits. I have a 2014 edge sport. I absolutely love the looks of the car. I like to stand out and it surely is a statement. A few thing to warn you about: the 22 inch rims bend so easily. I've been throught 2 new rims in less than a year!, I hd some trouble with my sync system freezing but ford sent me a new jump drive with a system update loaded to it and that fixed the problem., the AWD isn't so great. I live in the mountains and wouldn't trust it to get me up a hill. I even have all season tires on it. Overall the edge is a great car, I especially like the panoramic sunroof of the edge. I wanted to install LED headlight like the edge limited offers but I was rejected by ford saying that when ordered the edge sport I got what it came with. If I want anything else it has to be aftermarket. I don't like aftermarket product on my vehicle for the simple fact it doesn't last long and the product isn't as high as a quality.

First Ford

by Daily Commuter from Knoxville | January 30, 2015

My wife and I have owned a Ford Edge SEL since 2011. It is closing in on 30,000 miles. This is a comfortable vehicle for daily commuting and weekend jaunts. It's comfortable to drive and has been trouble free. I average 23-25 mpg on my daily commute of 26 country miles. On trips it averages 28 mpg as advertised. Things I wish Ford would change. The rear wiper is useless. An always on cruise is a must. The navagation is great when you can get it to understand your request. When you type in an address it jumps to conclusion. I should be able to type a destination address in fully before the navagation searches for it. My Cadillac XTS navagation works flawlessly. The Edge navagation is frustrating. I use the downshift but I don't like it on the shift handle and paddle shifters are not the answer. An auto shift in manual is a must. There is nothing worse than taking off from a stop and you realalize you are still in first gear doing 5500 rpm's. My wife and I are anxiously awaiting the 2015 model.

read OWNER reviews

by loyal ford owner from Northern California | December 15, 2014

Purchased a 2013 Edge limited. My wife and I love it's looks. We sold our expedition that we loved, and purchased the Edge with the Eco boost engine for the fuel mileage that it was claimed to get. at that time the window sticker claimed up to 31mpg highway. Even now they claim up to 30 mpg highway. NOT EVEN CLOSE. The best I have ever gotten on the highway was 23mpg. We now have over 17000 miles on it so I've tried believe me, to make it get close to what they claim. Just got back from L.A. yesterday, the transmission went out on it on the way down. The dealership still has the car, had to rent another to get home. This is not an abused car, it is my wife's daily commuter, 8 miles in town. Which brings up another topic of fuel mileage. More like 15mpg in town. Good looking car in my opinion, comfortable except passenger seat has no lumber adjustment. Touch screen controls take a while to get familiar with, handles well enough, good power off the line when needed. I have had several fords in the past and still own a Focus. This one (eco boost model) is bad news. Would sell it if I wasn't upside down on it.

Ford trucks and now the Edge.

by Ginger from Marietta, Ohio | September 22, 2014

I am very happy with everything on the Edge. What I would add is a handhold on the driver's side. I am 85 and could swing myself easier into the F150 Super Crew which I traded for the Edge. Also, for some reason the back window on the cargo area accumulates a lot of road dust. Overall, I really do like my Edge Limited and would recommend it to everyone.

A Fantastic Car!!!

by mojokorn from Santa Cruz, CA | September 10, 2014

Overview: I've only had my 2014 Ford Edge for two weeks and really really like it! It has plenty of power and a smooth ride that rivals the Lexus 330 - that I had as a loaner car about 2 years ago. All at $15k less than the cost of the luxury SUVs. A great ride and a great value for sure. Two things are "must-haves" for me in a car... Leather Seats and a Big Engine. The Ford option packages allowed me to get them both without having to upgrade to a Limited packages - in turn saving about $10k compared to other SUVs in this class. Interior: The leather trim, roomy interior and touch screen console are fantastic. There are a lot of reviews saying the that the touch sense buttons are hard to use, but they are pretty easy to get used to - takes about a week to tune into the touch beeps instead of looking at the dash for confirmation. Exterior/Styling: I love the way this car looks. It has more class and styling that other SUVs which tend to be to either rounded or too boxy. The ultra wide stance, shortened front end and rear wheel placement on this car are down right cool. I know this comes down to personal taste, but the styling is what made me look at this car in the first place. The Consumer Reports reliability rating (Very Good) sealed the deal for me. The only bummer is the plastic chrome wheel covers - I much prefer the look of true alloy wheels. Of course after-market alloy wheels are always an option. Handling: As noted this beast has plenty of power with a 285 HP engine and it rides silky smooth on the highway. Some reviews note that it doesn't handle well in the turns, but basic physics will tell you that no SUV handles well in turns. If that's important to you, then you should be looking at sports cars instead of SUVs. The truth is that it handles very well in turns - just not as well as a sports car. One small thing to note is that the steering on the Front Wheel Drive version does pull and get a little squirlly when punching the accelerator. I'd bet the All Wheel Drive version doesn't do that. Reliability: Consumer Reports is the gold standard for reliability ratings and gave this car a 77 (Very Good) as compared to an 83 (Very Good) for the Toyota mid size SUVs and crossovers. Same same in my opinion - and $10k less. Nit-picky Stuff: As you can tell, I love this SUV. A few things that would be nice upgrades... - Self-latching rear hatch. My previous car had this and it always ensured that the rear hatch was completely closed. It is possible on the Edge to half close the hatch, so you have to give it a tug to ensure that it closed. - Door handles are on the inner part of the door. Putting them farther out would allow more torque when pulling them closed. Hence it takes a little more effort to close the doors. This is compensated with spring point that closes the door once pulled in a little. So in the end not too bad. - The back floor wheel cover could be a little heavier gauge material. They likely made it lighter for easy access to the spare tire, but there's probably a better sweet spot for this. If you're looking for a midsized SUV, the Ford Edge is worth a test drive and serious consideration.