2005 Ford Escape

Available in 14 styles:  2005 Ford Escape 4x4 shown

Overall

pretty decent

by Hybrid Buyer from fayetteville nc | January 18, 2013

well im a first time car buyer and used. ive always loved the escape, mainly from '05 to '07. so i figured id buy the hybrid model, it is pretty decent. being fords first hybrid and the first hybrid suv. very reliable, had it for about two months now, close to 108,500 miles, no problems yet. its rated at 28 city, 26 hwy, 27 combined. it is the awd model. i average about 25, so the mpg is some what poor in my book. ive replaced the fuel filter, maintain the right tire psi and cant seem to improve. but ive read alot of reviews of people have about the same mpg. other than that soild vehicle.

Escaped to an SUV

by SUV Bound from Louisville, KY | August 26, 2012

Was leasing a Toyota Prius (which I thought was also a great car) and wanted an SUV. Did research on Escape Hybrids and found all of the reviews to be true-this is a great little SUV! I am getting 28-31 mpg. Nice ride, fairly quiet. Really enjoying it.

Overpriced SUV

by Sport Utility Lover from Gainesville, GA | August 7, 2012

My car was really nice when I baught it. Within a month my sunroof shorted out, the seals on my sunroof went bad, and I have had to put it in the shop three times in the first two months. When I purchased my car it came with a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty and the dealer voided my warranty when I came to them about my sunroof four days after I purchased my car.

nice ride

by Bo from Raleigh, NC | October 3, 2011

Does all I could exspect Nice ride Low maintenance for a SUV It is simple to maintain, brake last long time due to regenerative braking Engine has the punch on the highway Goes good with four wheel disk brakes Heard good thing about the four wheel drive Can not wait for a little snow Best car I own

Great vehicle

by Alaska driver from Anchorage, AK | June 30, 2010

I bought this vehicle used. It is a wonderful vehicle. I live in Anchorage and with the proper tires, it is perfect in winter. Mileage is lower (22-24 mpg) in the arctic cold (the fan/heater needs to run). The spring/summer/fall it gets about 35 mpg. Great acceleration, maneuvers well for a SUV. Long road trips across Alaska are great and safe. You can sleep in the back if needed. It has fairly low miles (58,000) with no maintenance issues in the past nor evident on the horizon. I think it may be one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned.

Low Maintenance Costs

by Escape Hybrid Driver from Durham, NC | August 23, 2007

This vehicle is great. The recommended mileage between oil changes is 10,000 miles. This really cuts down in the service cost for the vehicle. Great gas mileage for an SUV too. Who knew you could get 30+ mpg in an SUV in the city? Good job Ford.

Not worth the extra money

by kk1711 from Upstate New York | August 8, 2007

The salesperson talked me into a hybrid over a standard Escape because of the gas milage. I have the Hybrid and get approx 27-28 mpg. My brother-in-law has a regular Escape, same year, and gets 21-24 mpg. For the extra $5000 for the hybrid, it is not worth it.