2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

Available in 2 styles:  2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr FWD shown

Overall

So far, so great!

by Hybrid Lover from Twin Cities, MN | November 26, 2012

We bought this hybrid a few weeks ago. So far, it has pleased us very much. Every brand has features that another doesn't; I would love it if there were overhead handles to help me exit. The gas mileage has been great. We fill it about half as often as the car we traded in. (Ford Ranger) About our only complaint is that the paint is chipping at the top of the door frames--the parts which aren't metal. The car runs well and has a luxurious interior and safety features (side curtain air bags, etc.) we wanted.

Solid Performer

by Fall Guy from Los Angeles | November 9, 2012

owned since brand new and have 65,000 miles...getting about 31.5 mpg. it has been very reliable and only issue was climate gauge needed to be replaced as driver side was stuck at 65 degrees...fell under warranty (thought i was out of warranty but no arguement here). Been putting it on spme long hauls over past 5 months and has performed admirably...will run this one until it can't go anymore.

2008 2WD Ford Escape Hybrid

by Joe from Maryland | April 23, 2012

Bought this used 2008 hybrid with 78k miles near fully loaded 2WD model for just under 15K with tax. We bought this to replace our 2004 4WD Sequoia which was averaging 13 mpg on 50 mile daily round trips to work and back. While obviously not as roomy as the Sequoia, this car has a surprising amount of head room even for taller (6’4”) drivers and handles well and in town and on the highway. With gas around 3.80 a gallon, we are saving about $300 a month driving this car verses the Sequoia. We regularly average 34.5 mpg with this car and as a long time Prius driver, I have been able to get up to 42 mpg on local trips. This has to be the best choice for a used SUV Hybrid, when you compare cost. Make sure you consider the 08 as it’s the first year of the latest model. I was also seriously considering the Highlander Hybrid, but could not justify the extra 5-8K cost for a similar year model. Good luck with your search. ~Joe

Nice

by Fordbuilttough from San Antonio TX | January 31, 2012

This a great car if I had the money I would buy it in a heartbeat!! Great MPG's and Love the size easy to park and easy to drive in town! AWD is amazing for medium to mild off-roading as well!

Escape Hybrid 2008 pros and cons

by hybrid enthusiast from Phoenix, AZ | January 2, 2012

First, picked this up at an independent dealer for eleven five, at the time 2008 hybrid with 85k miles. I also have a 08 Prius, and Chevy Tahoe hybrid the pros: -best mpg for small suv (35 mpg total personally) -rides high good clearance -with the low torque great on winter conditions -goes up to 30 mph before electric kicks in -rides smooth the cons: -interior styling is a drab -gas engine lacks punch -wheel base is very similar if not same as a Prius In short this was exactly what I needed. I have a long commute to work, we have a ton of road trips as a family with a 1 year old who has a ton of gear. Best economical light suv on the market. obviously you compromise the explosiveness off the line and some uphill power, but you have to ask yourself what do I get from beating you and the other person to the next light, not much. Little disappointed to hear 2012-13 version won't have a hybrid, probably would have been the holy grail at 40+ mpg.

love it

by ivette23 from | October 12, 2011

see it, loke it, buy it! specious, gas convinient, small veichle, most of all love gas affortable!!!

Great Gas mileage

by First Time Hybrid owner from Taunton, MA | September 13, 2011

Bought my 08 Ford Escape Hybrid in May. Upgraded from an 03 ford explorer. Basically doubled my gas mileage, which was awesome. Love the look and feel of the car. The only problem I've had is an issue with the waterpump going out a few months in. Brought it to the dealership and it was covered under warranty, so I'm back to loving my new hybrid! I do wish it had cost a little less upfront to make an even bigger difference in my overall cost of driving versus my old explorer, but I'm still saving money in the end!

32.8 MPG

by Ford Convert from Baltimore, MD | September 6, 2011

Quiet running hybrid. Big, roomy vehicle (when you trade up from a Scion). Sits high so you are able to see the road better. Very reliable, solid vehicle. It's so nice to be stuck in traffic and not waste gas. When the engine idle dies down, the battery kicks in. I've gotten it up to 30 MPH on battery. There is a nice between seats armrest with storage. Back seats fold down and rock forward to allow a flat surface from tailgate to front seats. I used to have to get my brother to help me move bags of fertilizer, furniture, etc, but now that I've got my bigger vehicle, I don't have to bother him. Tailgate's window opens independently from door. I'm not big on engines, but I've got pick up when I need it for merging onto highways. I've had the vehicle for 4 months now and I think it's awesome. I use the car for driving to work thru the city, running errands in my little rural area, and transporting animals to from the shelter to the vet, and to their homes. I do the same with this car as I did with my Scion. It just has a lot more room, and better gas mileage... and it's made in America.

2008 FEH

by vraguso from Webster, NY | August 23, 2011

Ilike the truck very much. I should mention that it is equipped with the Ford Navigation system which includes several additional features not available without the screen and it has an advanced audiophile digital signal proceeor that sounds great. Also, the front seats and steering wheel are leather. The one issue I have with it is the trouble lights come on briefly from time to time, both for the HEV and for the engine, although there is no identfiable problem that needs repair. In 2009 Ford switched to electric air conditioning so the car can run in electric vehicle mode even with the A/C on, but I live in the North-East so it's not so much of a problem. Also, I had to buy cross bars for the roof rack as an accessory. I'm a former auto mechanic and I think this is the best engineered vehicle I have ever owned.

First Hybrid - would buy another

by 2 Dogs in my Truck from Wisconsin | August 17, 2011

Have owned about 3 months, handles fine in the summer - waiting for snow to test the "AWD". Ford says they cover Hybrid train, but I have about 50,000 miles and there have been 3 motors/fans/parts that needed to be replaced, all part of the hybrid train, and none were covered under warranty. "Get up & go" is there, but consistently hitting 4,000 RPM to get from 40 to 60mph, so gas mileage suffers for it. Averaging about 29mpg.