The Ford Escape Hybrid is one of a few Ford vehicles to offer the option of a self-parking system. The vehicle comes in a base and Limited trim, which incorporates added entertainment and comfort options. Competitors include the Toyota Highlander Hybrid.
New for 2011
There are no significant changes for 2011.
The Escape Hybrid has a plunging chrome grille that would be equally at home on a Volkswagen Jetta or Passat. A raised hood and high belt line may make the SUV look tougher, but they probably don't do much for visibility. Exterior features include:
- Standard 16-inch aluminum wheels
- Available moonroof
- Capless refueling nozzle instead of fuel cap
The Escape Hybrid seats five people in two rows of seats. It has a swing-up hatch, and the rear seats fold in a 60/40 split to increase cargo capacity. A leather-wrapped steering wheel is standard. Interior features include:
- Standard front dual-zone air conditioning
- Standard auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Optional leather seats
- Optional rearview camera
- Optional navigation system with traffic information
Under the Hood
The self-parking system handles all the steering required for parallel parking. The driver must still shift the transmission into gear as well as operate the gas and brake pedals. The driver can override the system and steer the car, if needed. The Escape Hybrid's 153-horsepower gasoline engine uses the Atkinson-cycle combustion process for greater fuel efficiency.
- Standard 153-hp, 2.5-liter four-cylinder with 136 pounds-feet of torque
- Standard 94-hp, 330-volt permanent magnet motor
- Standard continuously variable automatic transmission
- Front- or all-wheel drive
- Capable of moving on electric power alone at low speeds
The Escape Hybrid incorporates Roll Stability Control. It is the only system with a sensor that detects the beginning of a rollover and can act to stop it. Other safety equipment includes:
- Standard side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Standard side curtain airbags
- Standard electronic stability system
- Standard all-disc antilock brakes
- Standard integrated blind spot mirrors
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2011 Ford Escape Hybrid.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range