2001 Ford Escape

Available in 4 styles:  2001 Ford Escape 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Great vehicle

by EastIowaCR from Cedar Rapids, IA | July 23, 2013

I have a 2001 Escape 3.0L V6 XLT 4X4 that just passed 213,000 miles and I've been very happy with this vehicle. I bought it 2 years ago for $2000 from my dad as he got a 2009. Gas mileage Avg (15-16 city/22 highway) although I have gotten as good as 27 mpg if I slow it down to 55ish. 4X4 has been great, never been stuck (well once but that was due to me being dumb and driving through a deep rut created by mudding trucks). very manuverable and good power. It's starting to have little stuff go out but it has over 200k miles. I've replaced the A/C compressor & ignition coil over the past 2 years. My only complaint is the cloth on the doors is starting to fall off, the foam underneath is giving out. Overall I've been very impressed with this vehicle

awesome first car

by great place to buy cars from hackettstown, nj | July 18, 2013

very good condition. good quality for the price. very happy with outcome. people are friendly and honest

I love my Escape!

by Just a mom from San Diego, CA | March 29, 2013

I love my Ford Escape! It has taken myself and my family and ALL their friends everywhere safely! It is light, zippy, strong enough to go up hills effortlessly. The mpg's are a bit of a bear, as it gets between 19 mpg and 22, but, we just walked when gas prices were too high. Lovve my Escape!

Ford Escape 2001 excellent used car

by tupelotarheel from Atlanta GA | November 23, 2012

I bought my Escape in October 2009 with 98k miles; it's now just over 150k. I have been very pleasantly surprised at how few repairs I've had to make on it. Over the course of the 50k miles, I've made one $1k repair and one $800 repair. So far the transmission and engine are both great, and I'm hoping to get several more years out of it before I move on.

Good little SUV

by ALM from Lake Station, IN | February 1, 2012

Drives and handles well. Plenty of cargo space. However the typical problem of having to replace the intake gasket due to rough cold start idling. Other than that a good vehicle.

Very Reliable and economical

by Ford all the way from Indianapolis, IN | January 2, 2012

This escape has not only saved me money in fuel mileage it is fun to drive. I have no doubt this smaller version of the Explorer will be the car for me from here on out. It handles great, is comfortable to ride in and the fuel economy makes it an all around great automobile. I would recommend this car to any new car owner as well as someone looking for a smaller SUV type.

Great in winter but otherwise a dud.

by circi2000 from Cincinnati | August 14, 2011

I can't say enough about how much I loved driving this car in the snow. I had no problems on the road while everyone around me was struggling and sliding all over. Unfortunately, that is the only good thing I can say about it. You feel every bump in the road. The ride is very much like driving an old truck. Wind noise was horrible even with the windows up. Gas mileage was atrocious, I averaged 15mpg. The gas tank is too small for that, I had to fill up about twice a week! Despite keeping up with maintenance, it seemed like there was always something wrong with my Escape. By the time it had 50k miles it was spending almost as much time in the shop as it was on the road. If all you care about is a cheaply priced car for winter road driving, this may be the one for you. If you care about smooth ride, gas mileage, and reliability - you'll want to pass on the 2001 Escape.

The Great Escape

by Escapist from Las Vegas, NV | March 3, 2011

We've had our 2001 Escape XLT 4x4 for about 4 years, and we've loved it. It now has 125,000 miles on it and we've never had any major issues with it, just minor maintenance here and there. We have two kids and they fit very comfortably in the back and there's lots of cargo room for big strollers, etc. The Escape served us well living in Utah with all of the snow, it handles great in the snow. All around great car for a small family!

Best car I've had - in fact, I've had two!

by Super Mom from Pennsburg, PA | January 29, 2011

I love my 2001 Ford Escape! My first one had 120,000 miles on it when my 17 year old drove it into the bottom of a cemented light pole. Somehow, he was not injured - the airbags had gone off and everything!! I loved my car so much, that I set out looking to replace it with another. As for holding its value, we bought it used 4 years ago. We got almost what we paid for it 4 years ago back from insurance and paid about that for another used one, with the same options (fully loaded)! Of course, it has 120,000 miles - it has needed maintenance things here and there, nothing huge.

escape owner for ever

by first time escape owner from sault ste marie,MI | January 23, 2011

bought an 01 Escape XLT V6 4x4. Have only had it for six months,so far it has been a great vehicle. it handles great in the snow.

Featured Services for this Ford Escape