2005 Ford Escape

Available in 14 styles:  2005 Ford Escape 4x4 shown

Overall

ONLY Ford I would Drive

by Niki from orlando | March 28, 2014

Wasn't a fan of Ford but this vehicle has never stopped on me. very reliable. Had it for 5 years bought it used and was the 3rd owner. Loved it. Sold it to get a minivan as our family expanded.

I Got A Bad One

by chilout from West Palm Beach, FL | March 7, 2014

For the first 4000 miles I really liked this car, no surprise, right? As the miles piled up over the 10 years that I owned it I kept making excuses for all of the aggrivation I was experiencing because I liked the car so much. It was wonderful to drive, but not so pleasant to own. From the beginning I had to replace defective brakes,(replaced free). Front seat covers came apart ( I am a single man in his 60's), rear door window worked intermittently. Dash light bulbs kept needing replacement. both cooling fans needed replacement. A/C system was replaced, and the computer module went. The last few items alone were almostare very costly. Then a loud vibration stated in the front end. The mechanic said it was probably engine mounts. That's when I got rid of a car I wished I could keep forever....forever came sooner than I thought. I traded it for (HOPEFULLY) a good used .

I hate Fords

by I hate Fords from Vermont | February 5, 2014

I really don't like Fords in general. I decided to give this one a try for my wife. Ok not all Fords are bad, this one runs and drives nice. Looks very good and gas mileage is a big surprize..20pg to 25mpg on the highway. So I guess I would say, if you can find a Ford with low mileage and good service records then don't be affraid to try it.

Would buy again!

by Jules from Ohio | August 19, 2013

I bought by 2005 Escape in 2006 one year used, its currently 2013 and it has around 165,000 miles on it!! Besides the obvious maintence : a couple batteries, some tires, oil changes, front bearings fixed, and brakes and rotors I have been so happy with my vehicle. Got an awesome deal for sure sure when I purchased it and always wanted one! Plan on driving this one until it won't go anymore!

ford escape

by mofassa from connecticut | February 22, 2013

I love this car very comfort and and stable when you drive it Could 't ask for a more reliable vehicle.

Loved this Car!

by aharris929 from Cleveland, OH | January 21, 2013

I bought the XLT FWD in 2005 with a few thousand miles on it, and had a great run with it. I just turned it in, with 132k miles on it, for a 2013 Escape SEL, and hope it's as reliable as this one was!

Escape

by POP POP from Washington State | September 15, 2012

A joy to drive. The 6 banger has alot of zip. Handles great has alot of room inside. Great field of view. Easy to use interrior features

Great mid sized SUV

by 1st time buyer from Rochester, NY | September 1, 2012

Great used car! Unfortunately, already had to replace brakes and will need 4 new tires by the winter! Still love my "new" car.

Best Car Ever

by Reegy's mommy from Aberdeen, ID | June 25, 2012

I bought this car after test driving a 2012 (which I couldn't afford at the time) and I am absolutely in LOVE with it!!!!!! The seats are comfortable and there is plenty of leg room. It is the perfect family car for my small family of 3. The storage area in the back has plenty of room to put groceries and was also able to purchase my patio chairs and bring them home in my Escape without having to put the back seat down.

Would reccomend to anyone!

by Dont believe the hype from | June 19, 2012

Have a 2005 Escape Limited. Wow what a car! Styling is great, power is plentiful and I would reccomend to anyone! Beats the Honda and the Toyota hands down!

Featured Services for this Ford Escape