2007 Ford Escape

Available in 12 styles:  2007 Ford Escape 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

It was okay

by General Customer from Omaha, NE | March 8, 2013

The car was wonderful, except when something would go wrong. And it was never minor things. We had a 2007 Ford Escape and it only had 76,825 miles on it, but in the short time we have had it the tire presser sensors went out, we had the front struts break, our E-brake stop working and now our transmission dropped! We took very good care of our car, we got the oil changed every 3 months and the transmission flushed when needed, and then we were driving and it broke. It kicked into neutral, then overdrive (ON ITS OWN) then the transmission broke. It was an internal problem so we never saw it coming. All in all we have had to pay MORE than its value trying to keep this car running. But what was weird is that there were never any minor problems, but there were so many major problems. But other than it not being all to reliable it was a good little car. Don't get me wrong, I loved that car, but I don't feel like spending soo much on it any more.

My return to American made vehicles

by Beau from Boscobel Wisconsin | December 20, 2012

I have been a import car customer for many years. However in light of the state of our economy i have come to believe we all must do our part to improve things in the good old USA. In light of the Obama bail out I've chosen Ford to give my business to. Don't get me wrong i know not much is truly made in the USA anymore but Ford has remained competitive with the imports more than the other US auto manufacturers, hence their need to take the bailout. We really like our Escape.

Nice all around 4X4 SUV

by Escape from Seattle | April 2, 2012

Nice all around 4X4 SUV need a 4X4 for driving over the mountains in the snow ,,,, Great so far ........ Had a Jeep Liberty Diesel before :-(

found washing

by rusting from Bobtown PA. | July 28, 2011

my 2007 escape is rusting on the inside bottom edges of all the doors. the rear liftgate is the worst. i found the problem after i purchased it in 2010. i never even thought i would need to look for rust on a vehicle this new. carfax report doesnt tell everything so beware of rust on these fords. dealer repaired when i showed the problem back in 2010 but the rust is back in 2011.

It's ok for about 140,000 miles

by Pizon from 10708 | April 1, 2011

The transmission goes even when immaculately taken care of and change the tranny fluid every 5,000 miles.

Ford Escape Review

by EscapeFan from Reading, PA | July 19, 2010

I LOVE my escape - it's been a few years now but still in excellent condition and I haven't had to have any major work done.

Best small SUV I've driven

by Practiacal but fun from New Orleans, LA | March 4, 2009

Bought new 2007 Ford Escape Sport V6. Routine avg 26 mpg, mixed city/hwy. Lowest mpg is city at 22 mpg. Very versatile for carrying items in back, on roof, or using small trailer. Easy to change modes from hauling to passengers. Holds a lot compared to Chev S-10, Olds Bravada, Toyota Rav4, etc., and was the cheapest at the time I bought. Very reliable to date (23K miles). Comfortable on short city trips and long all-day trips. Easy to park in city, including parallel parking. Only negative I have is sensation that tires (Continental Contitrac P235/70R16 OWL A/S) not grip very well when stopping on wet asphalt. I do not get that feeling with our Prius.

I like it . but???

by I like it ....but... from Philadelphia PA. | August 20, 2007

The broshure say 18 mpg but I am getting 15-16 mpg on my 2007 escape. I fill up the tank 3 times and barely pass 200 miles on a full tank. Is this is normal? or should I take it to the dealer for a check up. I bought it used with only 5900 miles. and I like it very much. please help.

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned

by JRueff from Palm Springs, CA | July 20, 2007

A solid vehicle that is fun to drive and won't break the bank. Plus, the gas mileage is outstanding.

Best Little SUV

by GPC Pilot from Irvine, CA | May 24, 2007

I've had my '07 Escape Hybrid for almost 3 months and have 3000 miles on it. I have achieved over 28 mpg since day one, and most tanks of gas are in the 31 mpg range. For a small, yet practical SUV, that's good numbers. The Escape is comfortable, fairly nimble and not nearly as ponderous in handling as the Ford Ranger it replaced. My buddy's Explorer is a road boat by comparison and I used to be please with it. My only real complaints are few: 1. The radio sound (base AM/FM/CD-changer) is okay for a 1970's car and it is difficult for rear seat passengers to hear unless I crank up the volume considerably; 2. I miss my coin holder. My Ranger could hold quarters, dimes and nickles quietly in a spring-loaded holder. No such luck with the Escape that merely has a "dimple" in the dash that stays empty most of the time due to rattling change.; 3. Trailer towing is virtually nill. It is rated for 1000 pounds, but Ford tested it at well over 4000. What so low, Ford?; 4. Lastly, though not a big complaint, is that the A/C compressor only runs when the gas engine runs. If it's really hot out, then I can use recirc or Max A/C, but the latter forces the gas engine to run, and lowers the fuel economy somewhat. Otherwise, I'm please as can be with this trucklet and hope to see it through many years of service.