2008 Ford Escape

Available in 9 styles:  2008 Ford Escape 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Owner

by CYB from | May 10, 2014

Selling Points: The Car in Perfect condition! Just finish Oil / filters change Full Set : GPS, DVD, Back camera, Sensors ,USB connection , SD card, MP4, ETC .Power seats , power windows , power doors, power mirrors, Automatic Light Control !!! DRIVING LIKE NEW!!! (NO WARNING LIGHTS)

Great family car

by FordFan from Bellingham, WA | December 27, 2012

We recently puchased our 2008 Escape and we love it! It's attractive, roomy, and has descent gas mileage. It works great for our car seat and baby gear. It's a good family car, but it still feels sporty and fun.

2008 Ford Escape...love it!

by LuvMyEscape from Shelton, WA | December 12, 2012

We have had our Escape for about 2 months now and I absolutely love it. I got the leather seats and the power moon roof and 6 cd changer that I have always wanted but gave up having 4 wheel drive to keep it affordable for me. It drives beautifully and has been averaging 20.4 mpg with about 50/50 city vs hwy driving. The sound is awesome! I dont regret this purchase one bit!

Do your research

by AMX-press from SW. Pennsylvania | November 28, 2012

My likes!!! Just traded my 2008 Escape in on a F150 that is need to tow my show car to out of state shows. The Escape was a nice sized vehicle, handled very well, and comfortable to drive. It was an AWD model, and after owning many 4X4's. This little Escape was VERY impressive in handling the snow that we get here in the hills of SW PA. Probably the best I have had yet for the weather. My Did-likes!!! 1st... Here in SW PA, if your not going up, your going down. Nothing flat where we live. My Esape was the 4 cylinder. The lack of power was more than I could handle. Your foot was always to the floor climbing the hills, so my MPG was worse than what the V6 cars where even rated at. So if you are in a hilly area, I would pass on the 4 cylinder model. If your in a flat area, its just fine. 2nd... For a good many model years, 2004-2008, I believe. Ford installed a transmission cooler that was defective and even admitted it, leaving the owner to pay the bill for repair. I faught with Ford for 2 months, and they wouldn't make good for my allmost $700.00 bill, because they said there was no recall. Even with them knowing that 100's of Escapes where returned to Ford with that problem. The fitting going in the cooler from the transmission vibrates loose in a year or two, and snaps off. Trans fluid leaks everywhere. Since Fords bright idea to make the trans cooler and A/C condenser all one unit, they got to evacuate your A/C and recharge it, adding to the cost. The part is also big bucks. So do your research... I would buy another, if I had the oppertunity! Only up to 2012, I think the 2013 are butt ugly. But I would make sure its the V6, and I would check the service records on the vehicle, and if there are any recalls listed for that car...

Very disappointed

by So Sorry from Winnipeg Mb, Canada | October 5, 2012

"Bought this vehicle from a dealer and purchased extended warranty with it. The vehicle was already two years old with 65 K on it. Within 2 months found out why it had been traded in. Vent actuator was faulty at first and had to take it back to dealer twice before it would be remedied. Cost covered. Within the next couple months of owning it the steering had a problem and was covered by warranty. Next the rotors and brake pads needed replacing even though it had been safetied by the ford dealer I brought it from. Cost not covered. Then it had a noticable shimmy or vibration on the highway. Put on new tires and had them balanced etc, (my cost) and still have the excessive vibration. Ford says, "there's no problem". Weather turned colder and I found that an extremely irritating noise consistent with a nest of crickets coming from the dash. No help from dealer. Then noticed noise on start up........loud "kaflappa kaflappa" that continues for exactly 20 seconds each and every time I start the vehicle whether or not it's cold or hot outside. Dealer reviewed the problem and said....."there is no problem...we can't find anything wrong". My last dilemma was the transmission slipping (not covered by warranty anymore as there are 130 K on the powertrain), and a meager cost of $3,800 to rebuild the transmission. My cost. I really do admire the profile of the vehicle however after having owned it for 2 years and almost $8,000 in repairs out of my pocket, I can't wait to get rid of this lemon-money-pit. I used to be a "Ford Man", but after this experience with the vehicle and lack of support by the Ford Dealer, I would be very hard pressed to recommend or buy another product from Ford. Please refer to consumer reports prior to considering purchasing this vehicle.

Reliable and cheap to run

by Fuel and family economy from Fairbanks Alaska | September 16, 2012

I bought this car 2nd hand, and it was my 1st 2nd hand car in my life. But im not sorry one day. It is a 4 cyl and is great on fuel economy, and it is big enough for the 2 of us. Thank you Ford.

Ford Escape

by Mustang1965 from Boston, MA | August 6, 2012

I am very happy with my new used 2008 Ford Escape 6 cylinder auto. The vehicle drives and handles so smoothly. The car is great in stop and go highway traffic, I can stop on a dime. I have plenty of head and leg room. The dash board instruments are accessable by a light touch. The rear storage area is quite roomy especially when I put down the rear seats. I miss the compass and outside temperature. The seats are a little on the hard side but I am not uncomfortale after a long drive. This is a wonderful, sporty, small SUV. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Solid SUV

by Just a normal guy from Los Angeles Ca | June 4, 2012

Excellent SUV has exactly all I was looking for in an SUV and handles great. Haven't had a single problem yet. Love the exterior but the interior could be a little less basic looking. Aside from that no complaints great car!

2008 Escape

by Escape from Oakville, CT | March 19, 2012

Car rides nice~brake issues~~not happy with that and hope the dealer will fix, but not sure~~noisy when back windows are down, air flow

JUNK IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT

by SPREAD THE NEWS from Albany, NY | March 10, 2012

Lets see what is wrong with this car that I purchased brand new 3 years ago. I maintain this car religiously and still it has failed me multiple times. What went wrong. The seats stained from water, the check engine light kept coming on due to sensor $150 (out of warranty) I paid, at 50,000 miles the tranmission was acting up and turned out it was leaking transmission fluid, a condenser piece was bad ($1000) to fix (out of warranty) I paid. This is common with this year and newer. Ford offered certain owners the fix for free and the rest of us got screwed into paying it ourselves. 64,000 miles my steering was clunking and popping and some joint in the steering column was bad. $200 for the part and my mechanic took it easy on me and only charged me $200 to install. 6 hour job and Ford dealers wanted almost $1100 to replace this. Again this is a part I researched online and found MANY other Escape owners to have had an issue with. I have called numerous times to Ford customer service due to the high cost of repairs to get some help and they will deny any wrong doing and will tell you basically to pay for it yourself and save your receipt. This car has been a costly nightmare and it is worthless if you try to trade it in. Do yourself a favor and don't buy thing HEAP OF GARBAGE, you will be sorry. Please research it and don't get stuck with a piece of junk like I am. I hate for anyone to go through what I have with this car. I hate it, I wish it would disappear or a tree would fall on it, anything just so I don't have to look at this lemon money pit in my driveway anymore. Again DO NOT PURCHASE THIS CAR IT IS JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!