2009 Ford Escape

Available in 11 styles:  2009 Ford Escape 4dr FWD shown

Overall

See Richie Carter at Keffer Jeep in Charlotte NC

by David from Charlotte NC | February 26, 2016

My experience with car salesman Richie Carter has been great. Richie has been very helpful. The first sales person I spoke to by phone was not helpful and said that he would call me back but he didn't. Richie called me and from the very beginning was helpful and worked hard for me to help make my deal happen and has since helped me with my car when I needed it. If you buy a car here at Keefer ask for Richie. He will do his best to help you!

Solid, reliable small SUV

by RetiredGuns from Midwest | November 29, 2012

This '09 is our second Escape. I wanted the '09 because of the new motor with more power and a tad bit better mileage. So far it's been a great vehicle. We've had other small SUVs but the Escape is right for us. Not as cushy as some others with more a truck-like feel but that is what we like. The seats are a bit hard/stiff but not uncomfortable. The performance is really good while maintaining an average of almost 23mpg. We figure this might be the last SUV with the styling we enjoy until we are forced into buying one of the newer "Jellybean" styled SUVs all the makers are going to. If it is like our last Escape it will also be very good in the snow.

Great 4x4

by Excape from Cleveland Ohio | September 10, 2012

I really like the 2009 Ford Escape I recently purchased. I love how smooth it rides - its interior is cool - sunroof & moonroof is very easy to use. The only negative is the sync system - needs an update that has to be done by the dealer at $125.00! Ripoff

another great escape

by Ex car salesman, 11 years from peoria,il | June 11, 2012

This escape, 4cyc, 6spd, xlt replaced a 2007 xlt v6 escape that I bought new. This 4cyc/6spd combo is almost as sprightly as the v6, but much better mileage, and still as fun to drive. My 2007 was totalled in a t-bone crash in which neither myself(driver) nor wife passenger(frac wrist) suffered any crash problems. Would not have upyeared but for the accident, BUT WE REALLY LIKE THE NEWER MODEL, which was the same trim level.

I deserved this

by Escapee Bob from Western MA | June 4, 2012

I bought a 09 Escape Limited with a V6 and AWD. It was a great decision, I absolutely love it. There are so many little extras to make my time in the car enjoyable. I work hard and it was nice to get a few creature comforts for just me. It has more than ample power, handles exceptional and I'm getting 23.8 MPG in mixed commuting. One drawback would be the steps necessary to drop the rear seats, but how often do you do that right? Overall, it's a winner!

most impressive

by Leisurely lady from Phoenix, AZ | February 14, 2012

I have been extremely impressed with this vehicle. The only thing I have noticed is that it takes a second to respond when you try to accellerate so I don't take chances. Very comfortable, I didn't get the loaded version but still very nice. The axle seal did need to be replaced under warranty, and I had no problem after that. Very satisfied

5thford

by iluvfords from HINES,OREGON | June 22, 2011

I HAD CASH TO BUY A NEW CAR, I HAVE ALWAYS OWNED FORDS. I CHOSE THE ESCAPE, BECAUSE IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL SUV. IT IS SO COMFORTABLE TO RIDE AND DRIVE. NOT TO MENTION THE FUEL ECONOMY IS GREAT! I WOULD BUY ANOTHER ONE TOMORROW! THE ONLY THING I HAVE FOUND THAT IS A PAIN, THE TRUNK HAS IT'S OWN ELECTRIC MOTOR AND IS THE ONLY WAY TO OPEN THE TRUNK. MINE BURNT OUT BECAUSE THE PLASTIC FROM MANUFACTURER WAS WRAPPED IN MOTOR SO IT WAS RUNNING CONSTANTLY AND IT BLEW THE LITTLE MOTOR> OTHERWISE I AM A PROUD ESCAPE OWNER!

LemonAID!!!

by BG from 919 | December 3, 2010

Transmition has been worked on 5 times. Thank goodness that we had an extended warranty. This may have turned us off Ford's forever

Great Value for the $$

by pricklypear from Fort Wayne, IN. | November 29, 2010

Purchased the car used with 30K miles- only warranty issue was a squeaky liftgate, and noise from the front disc brake promptly fixed by the local dealer under the remaining warranty. Drove 2500 miles across the country and the mileage averaged 27.0 with the car fully loaded. Very comfortable, and great mileage. Next will be some low-intensity off-roading in the Arizona desert to check out the 4WD.

Best Car Manufacturer Yet

by Gregor from Blue Springs, Missouri | August 20, 2010

I just bought a Ford Edge for my wife and a Taurus for myself. I liked the Escape, but the Edge even more. So, I went with the Edge. I drive the Taurus and love it. Ford is without a doubt the best car manufacturer.