2011 Ford Escape

Available in 6 styles:  2011 Ford Escape 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Going Back to GM

by prlhog from connecticut | June 18, 2015

This car is the worst piece of junk I have ever owned. Nice looking car with lots of power. Car at 36000mi heater core let go and at 52000mi the Air conditioner let go. Ford did not want to do anything about it. I will be going back to GM. And now the wheel Bearings are getting noisy Stay away from this car.

These were good cars

by Three Escapes from Newfoundland | May 13, 2015

I have owned three Ford Escapes, my current one a 2011 I bought new in March 2011. Mechanically the car has been perfect and a joy to drive, especially in the snow. However, this spring the paint flaked off over the rear wheel arches. When that happened I started noticing the same paint and rust issues on a distressing number on Escapes. If you do some searches on the topic you will see it is apparently a widespread issue. Plus I wash and wax my car regularly, so I was quite annoyed at this bad paint thing. I write this review to warn potential used car buyers to look out for defective paint and rust on these vehicles. Because of the $900 I just spent repairing the paint, I will not be buying another Escape, and another Ford will be lower on my list of new cars.

My 2011 Ford Escape XLT V6 FWD Auto

by Habitual Ford owner from Olympia, WA | April 5, 2015

We bought this to replace an older Ranger that had outlived it's usefullness. We love it. I immediately replaced the air filter with a K&N and replaced the exhaust cat-back system with a custom system. I now have plenty of power and great mpg (33 hwy, 25 city). I am constantly amazed at the power, especially on the freeway. The only negative I have is, what do you do with the headrests when the rear seats are folded down? Could have been designed better.

Too bad they stopped making them

by Mike from Toronto, On | April 3, 2015

We have a 2011 V6 FWD and love it. Power is great and mileage is a pleasant surprise (in winter, better than the 4 cyl Civic it replaced). Lots of room for the size and is a joy to drive. My wife likes the high seating position. It pulls a trailer really well with the V6. Ford went backwards with the new Escape. We had one for a week and it had less power, worse mileage and they dropped some of the best features like the opening glass on the tailgate.

Air Conditioner problem too!!

by redsilver2013 from Michigan | January 30, 2015

My 2011 Ford Escape had air conditioner stop working at 70000 miles. Needs $1000 worth of repair that I can't afford. Great having leather seats and no air conditioning :( First for purchase and probably my last simply because Ford knows of this issue but isn't helping customers.

no real complaints so far

by chris from se wisconsin | October 18, 2014

About the only negative thing I can say about this little suv is if you are looking to purchase one I would look for one with the 3.0. I have a 2011 XLT 4cyl. It is at times a little under powered. I don't do a lot of hauling so it fits the bill for us. Interior is laid out nicely not as complicated as some other vehicles. Good fuel economy and lots of room for what it is. I have owned fords since I have been driving and have had pretty good luck with them so far. Even decided to keep the 03 Taurus with 204,000 miles instead of trading it in.

Traded my old 2002 for a newer 2011..

by Love Fords from Ft Worth, TX | September 13, 2014

I have driven a Ford Escape XLT for a very long time. I had a 2002 for almost 10 years. I put many miles on it, and loved it. I liked it so much that after searching around for a newer Compact SUV...I went right back to the Escape. I am very pleased with this vehicle. I would recommend it to anyone looking for something with great mileage and fun to drive...I am one Happy Camper.. and found it using Cars.com

Great new used car

by Old Explorer lover from Central WI | August 22, 2014

After driving my 1998 Explorer for 16 years (1/4 of my life) I am happy to be in the old style of Escape and like the better gas mileage and the smaller size compared to new Explorers. Very pleased!

i love my 2011 ford escape!

by fordlover from Indiana | August 14, 2014

i recently just bought a 2011 ford escape limited v6. and man is it awesome! i use to drive a 2002 ford explorer and it was on its last life, so i traded it in at my local Jordan Ford dealer. i just love this truck, its roomy and great on gas. i get an average of 22 mpg in the city and 28 on the highway, which i love! i have had zero issues with it. it drives awesome, it handles great, and we will see this winter how awesome it is in the snow! i would defiantly recommend this to someone who needs the room of the SUV but the gas mileage of a car etc. Ford gave me an awesome deal with a full warranty and we added bumper to bumper which you can not go wrong with. Pay $100 to fix it, no matter what the problem is or cost! very happy.

My experience

by Brianna from | June 4, 2014

Since having this car I am comfortable driving and know its reliable. It has all the things I need and its not to fancy to distract me. A big shout out to Kasey Spence for helping me find the best vehicle I have ever driven. He made sure it had the things I needed and fit my price range!