2011 Ford Escape

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Fantastic Escape

by Kerwin Maude from Western Canada | April 11, 2014

What can I say, this vehicle does exactly what it says, "escape". We've had a Ford Escape before and enjoyed it as with the Bronco II, long ago. The older styling of the Ford Escape 2011, in my view, is nicer than the new models that changed its exterior cosmetics. We've never had an once of trouble with the Ford Escape and it is sturdy, reliable, built for comfort and does it all in any terrain whether it is the concrete jungles of the city or the logging roads where you want to go to escape the madness of the cold concrete city lifestyle. The cargo space is great whether you put ball hockey equipment in it or fishing gear but the gas consumption could be a little better but it still meets my "needs, values and wants" far better than a substandard domestic competitor, Jeep. The dealership was great and even other franchises where we do our servicing have good attitudes, respect and customer service than the other car manufacturer I mentioned herein. Who wouldn't want to "escape" on a trip, weekend excursion or the stresses of bad vehicles? I have no qualms in buying another Ford Escape down the road as it deserves its accolades despite all vehicles on the market are overpriced in an industry consumed with hefty profits instead of more consumer breaks to lower costs.

The Ford Escape - Escape Into An Endless Journey

by Shark from British Columbia, Canada | February 13, 2014

I love our 2011 Ford Escape after being crippled by endless problems with a former new purchase, a Jeep Patriot. The 2011 Escape gave us years of problem-free maintenance and I love the old styling of this Ford SUV but unfortunately do not like the new style that looks like a Hyundai, etc. There is amble cargo space, good rear window view and more to this Sport Utility Vehicle that stands out, I've owned a Ford Escape years before and regret changing. My family can "escape" on trips, fishing, camping, hiking and escape the madness of the city. It is, like its name says, "Escape".....No, I am not getting paid for the truth. Kerwin Maude, Pitt Meadows, BC Canada

Air Condition

by Flo from Milton, Ontario | January 31, 2014

I decided after many years to go with a North America Car so, I decided to purchase a new 2011 Ford Escape. The mileage on the Vehicle was 72,000km when the Air condition stop working. The local dealership quoted me with parts and labor $1,100.00 to repair. If you want to purchase a New Vehicle I would recommend foreign. I never had any issues with Honda . DO NOT PURCHASE A FORD/ CHRYSLER ALL THEIR VEHICLES ARE LEMON

Upset ford didn't stand behind their product

by Upset from Winona, MN | January 18, 2014

We bought our escape brand new. Very upset the air conditioner went out right when warranty expired. Ford would no do anything for us. Funny thing is in MN the air isn't used that much. Will not buy a Ford again

Great Vehicle

by Love SUVs from Peoria, IL | July 29, 2013

Really like this vehicle! It is economical on fuel and has plenty of room for me in the front seat. It sets up higher than the previous car I owned and gives you a better view of traffic. It also makes it easier to get in and out of the vehicle by being higher off the ground!

2011 ford escape

by Lesa from st louis mo | May 29, 2013

i bought a puppy last year... he is 7mts old now & 80lbs! so that is why i had to get a SUV, this is the only make, model & color that i wanted....its good for my puppy (120lb dog to be) it looks & drives nice

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

2011 Ford Escape

by pws53069 from Winston Salem, NC | April 7, 2013

I found my new Escape on Cars.com looked at it the next day and bought it a couple days later! I love my new car and Bob King Hyundai got me financed and didn't play any back and forth games with me! I've bought two cars from them got great deals both times and am very happy!

Love this Escape!

by digrover from East Aurora, NY | February 21, 2013

I love the Escape enough for the way that it drives that I traded my 2009 Escape for a 2011 Escape sight unseen. As long as it was the same color from the same dealer! All I needed to do is fill out the paperwork! This is a great vehicle that drives well and is fuel efficent.

Great Big Little Vehicle

by Big Steve from Ocala, FL | February 5, 2013

Great on gas and plenty of space. We have the four cylinder. It has some pep, but you won't be winning any races or hauling anything large. I'm huge and have plenty of leg and head room. More than in any other vehicle in the class (I tried them all). The seats are a little firm, but much more comfortable than the other vehicles in the same price range. Love the Sync, Moonroof, and ability to open just the glass on the back hatch. Find myself using the keypad entry on the door more than I thought I would. Great Vehicle for the Money! The certified preowned option from Ford is great! Ask them for the details.

A good choice

by MattK from Clifton Park, NY | September 3, 2012

I purchased a 2011 Escape Limited 4 wheel drive with the 4 cylinder engine in 12/10. I had previously had a Mercury Mariner which was totaled in an accident that I came out of completely uninjured (was rear-ended, flipped end over end, and rolled over landing on driver's side--not a scrape, scratch or bit of pain). The car is very safe. Unfortunately, my Escape was recently totaled and once again, I came out unharmed although this accident wasn't near as serious as last. In the 20 +/- months I owned it, I put 37,000 miles on it. I did have a few problems...at about 2,000 miles my sunroof would not close completely and every time I closed a door it would pop up a bit (this was in a NY winter...). After 2 trips to the dealer they finally determined it needed a new motor for the sunroof. My sun visor was also misaligned and would not lock into the holder. Lastly, around 33,000 miles it developed a squealing noise every time I accelerated and the a/c was on (I tried to diagnose the problem myself after the dealer told me it was fine). I brought it back to the dealer and explained it was only with a/c on and they once again said it was normal. It was an embarrassment at drive-thrus and whatnot as I pulled away and my car squealed as if it were 20 years old. I think the overall reliability is so-so. Things I liked: Safety, design (subjective), high up driving position, SYNC, back-up camera & sensors, dual zone a/c, MPG (I regularly averaged about 22 mpg in mixed which is great for an SUV, I think), and the winter weather handling. Things I didn't like: cruise has no cancel button, heated seats only have one setting, transmission sometimes bucked, light camel interior stained so easily, back seats are a pain to fold flat (have to pop headrests out, flip bottom cushions up, then fold actual seats), and slowish acceleration (although it was adequate in most cases). Overall, I would recommend the car but I didn't get another. It was time for a change.