2012 Ford Escape

Available in 6 styles:  2012 Ford Escape 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Worst Car I've

by jodale from Central California | April 2, 2015

I purchased a Ford certified 2012 Ford Escape Limited 3 months ago and it is like new with very low mileage. I have hated it now for 2 months and will trade it in as soon as I can. My review is based on comparing my 2004 Honda Accord to the Ford Escape - not a fair comparison but it is where I came from. 1) Looks - I like it. The paint and body finish are excellent. Styling - It is very attractive SUV. 2)Handeling & driving - I hate it. Driving around town the engine is very loud and annoying. Driving at slow speeds it sounds like a diesel truck (clack clack clack)but surprizingly it is quiet on the highway. On curving highways the body roll is almost unbearable and I find myself bracing to go around curves. 3) Air Cond, Heater, Radio, Interior - I hate it. I live in a mild climate and the Air Cond can't seem to keep the car cool on a sunny day. The Radio - ha, I buy a limited edition vehicle with a radio controls from the 1980's era. The heater and air cond do not have climate control so again - something from the 1980's. The whole placement of all the controls, wipers, head lights everything is awkward and not a modern layout. The driver seat position is not comfortable after any length of time and the steering wheel is not telescoping so can't fix that. The heated seats are so hot I could roast hot dogs so they are useless. There are so many other things that I hate about the vehicle I can't list them all. SO - I hate to drive it and I hate to be in it but it looks good in the driveway. Why did I buy it - I like the way it looks and I only had a short test drive. I have had the vehicle into Ford under the factory warranty and they tell me it is a normal Escape. If this is normal I will never buy a Ford again.

2 years..

by Wrecker from Charlotte, NC | March 7, 2015

I am a teenager and I had this car just under two years and I loved every moment of it. This car is really great, but not many people talk about it's safety, I'll let you know, I wrecked it and it is totaled. I slid off the wet road and hit multiple trees, the front end of the car was destroyed, but I was okay only bruises. The safety on this car is great I would definitely recommend if you need a car for your teen.

Mercury Grand Marquis

by Big Papa from NW Washington, DC | February 5, 2015

James Alston was very patient with me and my situation. I needed a car for my business and it took several visits but we got the deal done. I love those guys. Thanks again!

Reliable and economical

by College daughter car from Algonac , MI | September 3, 2014

Bought this car for my daughter who is in college . There happens to be a lot of snow where she is at, but we had one of these Escapes before and had no problem getting through the snow. The 4 cylinder gives great mileage but you sacrifice some power. The car is great, but, the dealership is lousy. At Crest Ford in Michigan, there was the hard sell to buy extra warranty on a car that already had a warranty. Also, even though I told the dealership I was paying off the car in 6-12 months, they sneaked on GAP insurance. I cancelled it immediately.

so far it been a good car but a little small.

by work /family car from essex mo | November 1, 2013

i,l like it but it a little small for us but seem to be a good car haven had it long to know how wall we like it yet it seem to be great so far.

Satisfied

by Rizz from Schaumburg, IL | October 7, 2013

It was great shopping from the comforts of my home. The dealership was ready for us when we got there. Smoothest car purchase I ever made.

Nice car

by spokane,washington from Spokane, Washington | August 27, 2013

This car has more bells and whistles than I will ever use. Very easy to drive, Love the side mirrors, no hidden spots. For it being shorter that I'm use to it doesn't turn quite as sharp. Would I buy it again the answer is yes. I will be interested to see how it drives this winter.

AWESOME dealership!

by Kathy I. from Kerrville, TX | August 19, 2013

We purchased my daughter's Mazda from John Holt ... he's an honest individual who will sell you a good, clean car! He's also fun to work with ... not high pressure like many car salesmen can be. Have recommended this dealership to many of my friends ... and will continue to do so!!

Wife's Favorite Car

by Electric1 from Ocean View, NJ | August 6, 2013

After driving her "almost new" (7,600 miles) 2012 Ford Escape Limited for a couple of weeks, my wife is convinced that it is the best car ever. I especially like the added power of the 6-cylinder engine, and the full-time all-wheel drive will give us peace of mind in foul-weather driving. We have been a Ford family for over 20 years, and definitely will stay that way!

Great car for teenage drivers

by Car for teens from Dallas | June 24, 2013

This is the second Ford Escape we bought for teenage drivers. They're reliable and practical, just the right size, with great visibility and safety features. Nothing compares at the price, especially if you get the on-demand 4-wheel drive option