2013 Ford Escape

2013 Ford Escape
Available in 7 styles:  2013 Ford Escape 4dr FWD shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

The best purchase I've ever made!

by ecrea280 from Washington, NJ | January 25, 2015

I bought my 2013 Ford Escape SEL Ecoboost 4WD two weeks ago and I can not say enough how much I love it! The heated seats are a god sent with how cold it has been, I love that they have 5 settings. The heat works great as well! I love the way the Escape drives, very smooth. It handles excellently in the snow, I have had no problems due to the Intelligent 4WD. The touch screen is wonderful, I can use the Bluetooth, navigation, change the climate from it, the whole 9 yards. I am getting used to the foot activated lift gate, but my boyfriend has no problem with it. On my Escape I have the Automatic start along with the push button start. The Escape was the only car I was looking at due to my boyfriend telling me how much he loved his Ford F150. I used to drive a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder so I know how bad a car can get and getting this Escape, it is like paradise!! I would recommend this car to anyone who asks, I could not be happier with it. I always offer to drive now as well due to getting 27 MPG in the city (I live in a farming county so not really city) and over 30 on the highway!

Love my 2013 Ford Escape Titanium! (purchased in D

by Tara's Escape from Everett, MA | December 29, 2014

My car was on its way out so I started researching cars and SUVs (I wasn’t sure what I wanted at first). I wanted to make sure that my next car/SUV was going to very reliable, safe and last me for a very long time. I didn’t take this decision lightly. I could not even tell you how many dealerships I visited during this time. I test drove a lot of cars and SUVS (not just Ford). Out of all the dealerships I went to, I had such a great car-buying experience with Wayside Ford in Marlboro, MA. I did not feel pressured and they were very patient with me (unlike many of the other dealerships). They were friendly and knowledgeable. I was very impressed that they were able to answer all of the questions that I threw at them without having to ask someone else. I was also greeted by the manager, Silvio Ruisi, very shortly after I arrived (usually you only meet the manager when you are discussing the price of the vehicle). My final decision was on a 2013 Ford Escape Titanium. It is so much fun to drive. I went from a sedan to an SUV and was concerned with how I would feel in a taller vehicle. The Escape does not sit too high and I felt very comfortable. The handling is amazing. When I take a sharp turn, I do not feel like I am hanging onto the road with only two wheels. The vehicle itself is beautifully designed and very sporty. The interior of this SUV is stunning and caught my eye immediately. Everything is designed to make it easier for the driver. There are so many different ways of doing things. For example, I can change the radio channel from the steering wheel, the touch screen or using the manual buttons. The cargo space was a blessing during the Christmas season. I have some amazing options (keyless entry, push button start, voice commands, back-up camera, remote starter, panoramic roof, heated seats, etc.). It even has ambient lighting in several different colors. Once I decided I wanted to purchase the 2013 Ford Escape Titanium (only 21,000 miles), I met with Silvio Ruisi, the Manager, and Steve Piro, the car salesman, to have a final discussion of the sale. We worked out a reasonable price. However, I was concerned with having a car payment again since I haven’t had one for years. Silvio Ruisi had me meet with David Marcoux, the Finance Manager. He went over all of my payment options and we chose the best one for me. I voiced my concerns that the original warranty would end in 16,500 more miles. He went over the extended warranty options. We worked the extended warranty into my loan and I am now covered up to 75,000 miles! My monthly payments are very reasonable. Although it stinks to have a car payment again, it’s great to know that I am covered if anything arises (I will not have to dish out a $1,000 here or there like I did for my old car). After the financial aspect of the car process was over. Steve Piro, the car salesman, showed me how to work everything in the Escape. This was a little bit of a learning process for me because I have been driving an older car for so long, all of these features were very new to me. He was very patient and showed me how to do voice command, radio, navigation, syncing my phone, utilizing the back-up camera, etc. I felt like I had a Ford Escape lesson before I left that day. Silvio Ruisi, the Manager, checked in with me again before I left to make sure I felt comfortable with using all the functions of the Escape and wanted to make sure I was happy with the process. I was truly impressed with the customer service I received at this dealership. As you can tell, I actually kept their business cards. If you are in the market for purchasing a new vehicle, I would highly recommend purchasing at Wayside Ford in Marlboro, MA. The employees are well trained, friendly and give off a casual atmosphere feel where you do not feel pressured and can take your time making an informed decision. As for vehicles, I’m sure you can guess I am a fan of the Ford Escape. I absolutely love it!!!

Car

by Tommy from | December 12, 2014

Great car good experience fun to drive fits lots of stuff with good handling and mileage. Would receommend. Love this car!

Found my perfect car!

by Ruby from Medford, Oregon | November 3, 2014

I have been looking for a new car for several months. I was leaning toward the Escape because I loved the body style and features. I purchased my car in October, and have absolutly fallen in love with it! I keep finding more things about it I like, and I am so comfortable in it. The seats cradle you and keep your warm and revitalized on long trips. I averaged 28.6 miles with it on a trip that was part freeway, and part city. Its peppy, solid, and a joy to drive. There is a little bit of road noise, but not bad and only on rough roads. I had read reviews about people having trouble with the MyFordTouch, but have found no issue. As long as I speak clear without a lot of other talking in the car, she understands me and does what I ask. I have read the quick guide a couple of times and found it no harder then my iphone. Great car and sharp to look at too!

Great Escape

by woody from Lake City, Florida | October 23, 2014

My wife and I love this SUV. It's sporty with great power. We get 26-32 mpg with the 1.6 turbo. Stereo sounds great with all nine speakers. It handles like it's on rails. It has quite a few options on it and no problems at all with nearly 25,000 miles now. I think it has great room inside. It beats all other makes of this type because of the price. You can't get more for the price of an Escape in any other sport SUV. Plenty of cargo space. The In sync system works great. No complaints and would highly recommend this vehicle to others. Ford got it right on this one.

Comfortable Drive

by High Plains Travler from | September 28, 2014

I bought this mainly for long distance travel in hauling my daughter's dorm stuff back and forth. It has not disappointed. Very comfortable for long trips. Really makes for a pleasant drive. Handles great loaded down on mountain curves. Once drove it over 16 hours in one highway stretch nonstop and was a comfortable drive. Gas mileage in town is disappointing. With a tail wind on the highway I can get up to 31 mpg, but that is the exception - more in the 26-28 mpg highway range. Also, air conditioning takes awhile to cool the vehicle and does not seem too powerful. Overall, have been very satisfied.

Love the Escape

by Chuck from Fergus Falls, MN | August 26, 2014

I have a '13 Escape Titanium 2.0L 4WD. The only complaint I have is fuel mileage. City mileage is not desirable, around 18 mpg. Luckily I don't drive in cities much; I drive a lot of rural highways at 55-60mph and in the summer I can obtain 28mpg with no air conditioning, and 26 with AC on. Winter driving in same conditions...22 mpg with minimal idling. Interstate driving is 24-26mph depending on wind. Mileage really fluctuates depending on wind! I have 28,000 miles on my Escape without a hiccup. It is extremely fun to drive, very powerful and I don't use the power too much....gas pig with the turbo spooling. Seats in the '13 Titanium are incredibly comfortable. I wish Ford would keep these seats in all models. I heard these seats were 1 model and 1 year...too bad for others. I have the towing package and it's fantastic. This vehicle tows my small boat very, very well over my previous Honda CR-V 2.0L motor. No comparison.

Escape the Junk

by Wished I could Escape! from Springtown, TX | August 25, 2014

I've had this vehicle for almost 2 years. Commute to work so put some mileage per year on a vehicle. I am now at 34,000 and issues are really starting. SYNC will not connect my phone, poor gas mileage, and the EcoBoost drives me crazy....or at least that's what the dealership claims it is. It hesitates in traffic to where there is the possibility of getting rear-ended or either surges if you accelerate beyond a crawl. I am upside-down on this vehicle or it would not be mine very much longer.

6th recall

by bqqmpa from Port Saint Lucie, Florida | August 7, 2014

battery, radio, nav system...ad nauseum...I should have known better to buy this thing. I had two Windstars and liked the interior space...when it started to rust after 5 years, then, things really started t fall apart...I thought Ford had mended their ways but they are still engineering the same old junk...I am trading this thing in and buying a Toyota Rav 4 tomorrow.

Love the car HATE the gas mileage

by okstevens from Ohio | July 23, 2014

Great car. Me and my wife love it. The bad news is the gas mileage is a lie. We bought the 2013 Escape over other brands because of the mileage. We travel to Florida from Ohio 3-5 times a year and were looking for something that was comfortable with good gas mileage. This is a great car but the gas mileage is about 30% under what it states.