2013 Ford Escape

Starting MSRP

Overall

6th recall

by bqqmpa from Port Saint Lucie, Florida | August 7, 2014

battery, radio, nav system...ad nauseum...I should have known better to buy this thing. I had two Windstars and liked the interior space...when it started to rust after 5 years, then, things really started t fall apart...I thought Ford had mended their ways but they are still engineering the same old junk...I am trading this thing in and buying a Toyota Rav 4 tomorrow.

Love the car HATE the gas mileage

by okstevens from Ohio | July 23, 2014

Great car. Me and my wife love it. The bad news is the gas mileage is a lie. We bought the 2013 Escape over other brands because of the mileage. We travel to Florida from Ohio 3-5 times a year and were looking for something that was comfortable with good gas mileage. This is a great car but the gas mileage is about 30% under what it states.

UNHAPPY

by LISA B from Corona CA | June 30, 2014

I purchased my car less than 8 months ago. It has been in the shop 7 times and now has to go back in again. The vehicle kept either surging or stalling on the freeway. The dealer could fix the problem till the fifth visit. The power steering went out while I was driving so I had to turn the car off and on to get it to work. Now the AC isnt working. I complained to Ford and got an extended warranty but still have to pay $100 every time I go in there. I compained and stated that the warranty should have no deductible if any of the same problems kept happening and they would not budge. I would avoid buying this car. Very unhappy. Purchased American but unhappy with my decision.

Great vehicle except for mpg's

by Life Long Ford Fan from SE Wisconsin | June 28, 2014

I only hesitate to give it 5 stars due to mpg's. Supposed to get 26/32 and have not reached even 25 in the month we've owned it. Otherwise the vehicle exceeds all expectations. The "My Touch" is a bit clunky but that's not why we bought the vehicle anyway.

Not satisfied

by Kkoehn from McPherson, KS | June 18, 2014

My 2013 Escape was specially ordered. I love the style and the extras... Don'T buy this vehicle for the fuel mileage. We purchased the Eco-boost and expected to at least at times reach above 30 mpg. I drive mainly interstate and get 25 mpg; never reached above 30 except once in the last 18 months across a flat Nebraska with a very strong tail wind pushing me. As I bought this vehicle for the mpg mainly, I'm obviously very disappointed.

Escape Yes

by 3rd generation driver from west michigan | June 14, 2014

This is a solid, do-it-all vehicle. Handling is firm and steady- which is what always held me back from liking SUV's. Very comfortable for a long vacation trip. Like the Front drive best, so fw really need the AWD option. Great acceleration. Radio takes some getting used to, but it provides good stereo sound and is nicer than the competitors' radios. Clever storage spots under the back deck near the spare, about 6 of them too. You would be surprised. Great vehicle overall, no disappointments whatsoever. Have been driving this Ford for about 2 months now.

2013 Ford Escape is the BEST small SUV EVER!

by Happpy Owner of a 2013 Ford Escape from Lakeland, MN | June 4, 2014

I would rate this vehicle 10 stars not just the 5. I did research for a couple months before purchasing this vehicle, and everything that I researched was spot on. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a smaller SUV with amazing gas mileage, and the comfort is spot on as well. The best part is my daughter has a 65 lb laberdoodle and he fits perfectly in the back with the seats down with my small little 15 lb dog. They even have room to play too. If you are looking for an awesome dealership, go to Hudson Ford in Hudson Wisconsin. I worked with Jason Kahl, and he totally respected my time. The whole process took less than an hour. I bought my previous car through a different dealership, however used Hudson Ford for my repairs. The repair shop I would rate 10 stars as well. Everyone at this dealership is there to help with whatever you need. Amazing experience and loving my new wheels.

Here is the Down Low

by Avid Researcher from Kansas City, MO | May 28, 2014

I am an avid researcher and I have been needing a new car for a while. Here is how I came to own a 2013 Ford Escape SEL 4X4 2.0 Ecoboost. Pros: The tech packages are GREAT! This SUV is not for a person who does not need all the bells and whistles. The navigation even tells you if there is road work or accidents on your route. * The hands free calling is fantastic and it interrupts the music when a call is coming through. * You can adjust the climate on the screen which I personally think is great because I have seen way too many cars that have worn out buttons because they were the most used. Push button start is handy with the remote start. During the hot days it will start and automatically turn the AC on and vice versa for the cold days. Exterior is very modern. If you are even considering this car you probably know the 2013 was a new body style and it is definitely an eye catcher. The power lift gate is so helpful. I use the cargo space a lot for dogs, groceries, and just random trips. I can open and close it from the remote key and push a button to open and close it on the vehicle. Have not towed anything yet but we had not questions about its capability to haul a quad and rzr. Reclining back seats are such a nice touch. They don't recline back super far but anything that allows you to stretch out a bit is WONDERFUL! MPG has been pretty accurate. I can't complain because I know my driving habits are not always eco friendly so I expected to get a little below what the sticker says. Ambient lighting is TOTALLY cool. I have pink on and sometimes it is cool to change it to green. The get up and go is better than I anticipated. I drove an dodge R/T before this and it has not disappointed me at all. Updating it was pretty simple. When new software came out I downloaded it and put it in the USB port and it did it automatically. SWEET! Cons: Interior space is a little less than anticipated. There is no where in the front for storage. The 2 cup holders are really it. I don't have a place for my change or my phone but I also wouldn't really need to use my phone because of the tech features. That makes sense on why there isn't an easily accessible place for that. The cargo area is not HUGE but it does what I need. This is a COMPACT SUV not Mid sized or Full sized... I knew this before purchasing. My 2 Dobermans fit perfectly back there. There is a slight jump when shifting from 1st gear to 2nd. With a 4 cylinder. I have only ever owned 6 Cylinders so I am not sure if this is typical or not. I also pay attention to details like that. My husband says I could hear a mouse snoring if it happened. I would have liked to see the capability to customize each key to specific settings but that could be for the future. Not really a con just an observation. OVERALL, I love this SUV. It is perfect for what I need and I did enough research to know that I got a GREAT deal as well. I looked at the Equinox, Terrain, Santa Fe, Rouge, and plenty of other vehicles. Ford has, by far, one of the BEST interior designs and for a reasonable value. GOOD LUCK FUTURE CAR OWNERS! Hope this helped with your purchase.

LEMON/JUNK AKA Ford Escape

by EX Ford Customer for LIFE from Salem, OR | May 21, 2014

First and LAST Ford I have ever owned. Liked it at first, but the customer service when something went wrong was HORRIBLE. I have had my 2013 Ford Escape in multiple times, three times for overheating alone. I requested a buyback which was denied, but they offered to throw in a free oil change for compensation (oh goody!). I still get to pay the monthly payments for the $40K vehicle, but my car still does NOT run correctly, and the dealership just cites Oregon's Lemon Laws each time I have to bring it back in. Corporate plays the "not my problem" game. WORST experience EVER!!

Complete Disappointment. UNSAFE VEHICLE!

by KellyG511 from Holtsville, NY | May 19, 2014

Purchased my 2013 Ford Escape Titanium in November, 2012. Since then, I have had numerous mechanical/electronic problems. Faulty door hands, a power lift gate that didn't work, a bluetooth phone system that no one could hear me on, a radio with no sound, a defroster that didn't work secondary to radio issues, steering issues, and most recently a blown transmission. My last trip to the repair shop lasted 51 days. I am left with nothing but aggravation and what I believe to be an unreliable/unsafe vehicle. Have an ongoing case with Ford Motor Company, which has been passed through nine people - none of which have given me any support. Asking ford to repurchase my vehicle. I've had enough. Ford Motor Company should not be okay with customers paying close to 40K for a vehicle that has so many issues. My main suggested improvement is better customer service. Having my case passed through so many representatives does not make me feel like you care - it conveys the message of the complete opposite. That they do not care. Very sad. My father has worked for Ford for almost 35 years and is devastated by the trouble I have been having...and the lack of assistance available.