2013 Ford Escape

Starting MSRP

Overall

Car

by Tommy from | December 12, 2014

Great car good experience fun to drive fits lots of stuff with good handling and mileage. Would receommend. Love this car!

Found my perfect car!

by Ruby from Medford, Oregon | November 3, 2014

I have been looking for a new car for several months. I was leaning toward the Escape because I loved the body style and features. I purchased my car in October, and have absolutly fallen in love with it! I keep finding more things about it I like, and I am so comfortable in it. The seats cradle you and keep your warm and revitalized on long trips. I averaged 28.6 miles with it on a trip that was part freeway, and part city. Its peppy, solid, and a joy to drive. There is a little bit of road noise, but not bad and only on rough roads. I had read reviews about people having trouble with the MyFordTouch, but have found no issue. As long as I speak clear without a lot of other talking in the car, she understands me and does what I ask. I have read the quick guide a couple of times and found it no harder then my iphone. Great car and sharp to look at too!

Great Escape

by woody from Lake City, Florida | October 23, 2014

My wife and I love this SUV. It's sporty with great power. We get 26-32 mpg with the 1.6 turbo. Stereo sounds great with all nine speakers. It handles like it's on rails. It has quite a few options on it and no problems at all with nearly 25,000 miles now. I think it has great room inside. It beats all other makes of this type because of the price. You can't get more for the price of an Escape in any other sport SUV. Plenty of cargo space. The In sync system works great. No complaints and would highly recommend this vehicle to others. Ford got it right on this one.

Comfortable Drive

by High Plains Travler from | September 28, 2014

I bought this mainly for long distance travel in hauling my daughter's dorm stuff back and forth. It has not disappointed. Very comfortable for long trips. Really makes for a pleasant drive. Handles great loaded down on mountain curves. Once drove it over 16 hours in one highway stretch nonstop and was a comfortable drive. Gas mileage in town is disappointing. With a tail wind on the highway I can get up to 31 mpg, but that is the exception - more in the 26-28 mpg highway range. Also, air conditioning takes awhile to cool the vehicle and does not seem too powerful. Overall, have been very satisfied.

Love the Escape

by Chuck from Fergus Falls, MN | August 26, 2014

I have a '13 Escape Titanium 2.0L 4WD. The only complaint I have is fuel mileage. City mileage is not desirable, around 18 mpg. Luckily I don't drive in cities much; I drive a lot of rural highways at 55-60mph and in the summer I can obtain 28mpg with no air conditioning, and 26 with AC on. Winter driving in same conditions...22 mpg with minimal idling. Interstate driving is 24-26mph depending on wind. Mileage really fluctuates depending on wind! I have 28,000 miles on my Escape without a hiccup. It is extremely fun to drive, very powerful and I don't use the power too much....gas pig with the turbo spooling. Seats in the '13 Titanium are incredibly comfortable. I wish Ford would keep these seats in all models. I heard these seats were 1 model and 1 year...too bad for others. I have the towing package and it's fantastic. This vehicle tows my small boat very, very well over my previous Honda CR-V 2.0L motor. No comparison.

Escape the Junk

by Wished I could Escape! from Springtown, TX | August 25, 2014

I've had this vehicle for almost 2 years. Commute to work so put some mileage per year on a vehicle. I am now at 34,000 and issues are really starting. SYNC will not connect my phone, poor gas mileage, and the EcoBoost drives me crazy....or at least that's what the dealership claims it is. It hesitates in traffic to where there is the possibility of getting rear-ended or either surges if you accelerate beyond a crawl. I am upside-down on this vehicle or it would not be mine very much longer.

6th recall

by bqqmpa from Port Saint Lucie, Florida | August 7, 2014

battery, radio, nav system...ad nauseum...I should have known better to buy this thing. I had two Windstars and liked the interior space...when it started to rust after 5 years, then, things really started t fall apart...I thought Ford had mended their ways but they are still engineering the same old junk...I am trading this thing in and buying a Toyota Rav 4 tomorrow.

Love the car HATE the gas mileage

by okstevens from Ohio | July 23, 2014

Great car. Me and my wife love it. The bad news is the gas mileage is a lie. We bought the 2013 Escape over other brands because of the mileage. We travel to Florida from Ohio 3-5 times a year and were looking for something that was comfortable with good gas mileage. This is a great car but the gas mileage is about 30% under what it states.

UNHAPPY

by LISA B from Corona CA | June 30, 2014

I purchased my car less than 8 months ago. It has been in the shop 7 times and now has to go back in again. The vehicle kept either surging or stalling on the freeway. The dealer could fix the problem till the fifth visit. The power steering went out while I was driving so I had to turn the car off and on to get it to work. Now the AC isnt working. I complained to Ford and got an extended warranty but still have to pay $100 every time I go in there. I compained and stated that the warranty should have no deductible if any of the same problems kept happening and they would not budge. I would avoid buying this car. Very unhappy. Purchased American but unhappy with my decision.

Great vehicle except for mpg's

by Life Long Ford Fan from SE Wisconsin | June 28, 2014

I only hesitate to give it 5 stars due to mpg's. Supposed to get 26/32 and have not reached even 25 in the month we've owned it. Otherwise the vehicle exceeds all expectations. The "My Touch" is a bit clunky but that's not why we bought the vehicle anyway.