2013 Ford Escape

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Love it

by ford newbie from KY | April 21, 2014

I loved the Ford Escape from the first time I drove it. I have the 2.0 and it is peppy enough, gets good gas mileage, and handles nice. There is some road noise, but nothing I can't live with. My biggest complaint would be the interior is small and there is very limited storage space. The voice controls can be problematic, but I rarely use them anyway. I love the ambient lighting, and I love being able to personalized the screen on My Ford Touch. I haven't had it long enough to really speak to its reliability but so far so good.

Gas Guzzler !!

by Just disappointed from Chattanooga, TN | April 14, 2014

Traded my old, reliable 2003 Toyota Camry (26/30 mpg) for 2013 Ford Escape (advertised 23/32 mpg). My vehicle needs had changed. I was glad to find an affordable suv and I wouldn't have to scrifice gas mileage. After 2000 miles I called my dealer to find out why I was only getting 19 mpg. I was told the mileage would get better at approx. 5000 miles. So now at 5000 miles, I've again called my dealer to find out why I'm only getting 22 mpg. I've realized others have had the same experience as myself and this low, disappointing gas mileage is the norm. Ford truly inflated their numbers. We used to call that false advertising. I love driving this little vehicle, hate the gas mileage and I know it won't come close to the the 150,000 miles I had on my Camry.

Great car much better than the rest!

by 2013 Escape 1.6 Ecoboost 4wd from PA | April 14, 2014

I love my Escape. It has a comfortable interior and can hold a ton of stuff. The ride is very nice and it handles extreamly well in the snow. The 4WD system on this vehicle is outstanding. Engine is great as well. Look forward to keeping it for many years.

Ford has an uphill battle fixing this one

by turfman from Canada | March 23, 2014

Escape 2013, is a work vehicle for me. I have had multiple issues... If it is not run for 3 days the battery will be dead, (long weekends), and Tuesday I have to boost it to get to work. ford dealer tested it an said it was ok...?.. Windows are very slow, took it back and new motors were installed and only marginal improvement. Coolant level has to be topped up regularly. Bluetooth connects to my phone erratically. My coworkers have had many problems like those above , and oil leaks, no heat, rumours of vehicle fires (too much heat) sorry I have kind of a warped sense of humour. but I can laugh because it is a employer provided vehicle, if I had bought this myself I would be furious! I have just learned that these vehicles are being replaced across the board by our lease provider, so to me that speaks volumes about this car, this would be many hundreds that the leaser will be looking to place in the used market, so buyer beware....

Escape the escape

by Reviewr from Baltimore, MD | March 14, 2014

Sharp looking car on the outside, comfortable ride, and lots of features. The 4WD works well in inclement weather, plenty of versatile room inside and the panoramic roof is awesome in the summer. Beyond that, the car is a complete piece of junk. Owned it for 16,000 miles in the span of 18 months and brought it in for recalls and mechanical problems a total of 13 times before Ford decided to buy it back under the lemon law. Not good for a $30,000 car. What a shame.

Avoid these units.

by dj from Fargo ND | March 9, 2014

I have a '13 with a 2.5 engine. Things were ok to about 10k. Then the piston slap started when car is cold. Dealer says sounds normal at cold startup. Whatever. At 20k I started having electrical issues. The environmental controls stop working and the car goes into default defrost mode only. Pull the fuse and it resets. Been to dealer(s) 3 times on this one, no problem found yet. Now I come to start in the morning and battery is dead. Been in dealer once on this issue, no problem found. Reverse has an awful squeak to it. The car is really underpowered. When passing at 55mph, the car will drop 2 or 3 gears and the tach shows the engine nearly red-lining, but the vehicle doesn't increase speed much. Just sits and revs. Gas mileage is extremely disappointing. This is a company vehicle, nearly all road miles at 55-70mph. On average I do around 25mpg in it at 55 and about 22 at 70. The traction in snow is the worst I have ever had next to a Chevy HHR. The dashlights are either to bright or too dim. Rear wiper control is poorly located and accidently turns on far too often. Seat/ride is uncomfortable. I am trying to talk boss into something else. On a positive, the stereo has great sound, although the controls and mp3 input are not the best. Stereo controls on steering wheel are very convenient.

Well built runs great

by Bill from North Carolina | February 25, 2014

Ford products are by far the best built and reliable they put toyotas to shame just close a door on the escape and do the same thing on a rav4 and you will see the difference in quality

Worst Vehicle I've Ever Owned

by Chicago Dad from Chicago, IL | February 25, 2014

Extremely poor quality and performance from this vehicle. It's had more recalls than I can count in just the first year. We experienced a vehicle fire ourselves and have been without the vehicle for probably 2 weeks total for repairs. Synch system needs to constantly be updated and doesn't work more than it works. GPS has a red X through it and is useless. The traction control can be problematic in heavy snow. We're afraid to use the Escape for long road trips so primarily are using it now just for groceries. If you are still intent on purchasing this vehicle you may want to buy used, trade in/resale value on these has gone down drastically the past 6 months.

Snow machine

by A Brit abroad from WInston Salem, NC | February 24, 2014

To changed my VW Touareg to the Ford Escape 2.0 Turbo Titanium 4WD in September 2013 and when we had the worse winter in twenty years in North Carolina wondered if I had made the right choice. We live down a hill which my Dodge Ram truck cannot climb when there is now on the ground, also none of my neighbors left home for 3 days. I took the Escape out at 7am on the first morning of the snow when it was 10" deep, never cleared the drive and the road was unploughed, the Escape not only met my expectations but flew past all of them. The car new got stuck in the snow or ice for the 3 days it was on the ground. I saw much bigger SUVs stuck in the snow but the Escape was unstoppable. Average fuel consumption as 26mpg. I must admit if you are going to buy one get the 2.0 liter turbo, there are to many recalls on the 1.6 model.

worst vehicle ever

by worst vehicle ever. from Plymouth, MN | February 22, 2014

Brought it in 10 times in 20,000 miles. Water Pump issues, cylinder head cracking, pcm or main brain issues and more. I would stay as far away from this vehicle as possible.