2013 Ford Escape

Available in 7 styles:  2013 Ford Escape 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Great car, few problems

by FordEscapeLover from Leola, PA | May 1, 2015

Well, I love the new look of the Escape. My mom owns the top-of-the-line (loaded like a Titanium except for foot-activated liftgate and heated & cooled leather seats) SE 1.6L turbocharged EcoBoost with the Intelligent 4WD system. The EcoBoost feels like a V6, and sounds like a V8 thanks to the sound enhancement. The rear seats recline and increases my comfort. The only problem I have is that after sitting back there for a year every other week, the seats start squeaking when I sit on them or get off of them. The folding 40/60 seats are great! 67.8 cubic feet of storage is absolutely amazing. We moved with this thing, and it just is quite reliable. Though, a negative me and my mother are seeing is the acceleration. When she would go on the pedal, sometimes the car kicks into N (when this is not the case) and the car revs and doesn't move. She had called her dealer the other day, and they said that they can fix it, but it could be because SYNC needs an update. The best part about this car is the 4WD system. 16 milliseconds is fast. I have a feeling of safety with the 4WD. I now don't have to worry about my mom slipping and sliding around in snow, and possibly crash. VERY GREAT CAR, AND GREAT GAS MILEAGE (28 MPG best)!!! Well done, Ford!

2013 Ford Escape Titanium

by Ravens2012 from Washington D.C | April 21, 2015

I traded in my 2007 Acura MDX for my 2013 Escape Titanium in November of 2012. Our first child was on the way and we wanted something new and had a set budget. We are typically a Honda /Acura family and suffice to say we have not been dissapointed by this vehicle. Yes there have been a few recalls but otherwise this car has been pretty reliable. We love the 2.0 liter Eccoboost, ton's of power but at 21.3 mpg's it's not much more fuel efficient than the MDX was. However surprisingly it runs well on regualr gas even though it's a turbo engine. Either way the Escape has a ton of features, has been reliable and provides a good amount of space for the 3 of us and our 70lbs Boxer.We have no regrets.

Nice car, but a lot of gadgety can go wrong

by tom from Hickory Hills | March 22, 2015

I'm a month in to my purchase of a 2013 Escape SEL. Loaded with a lots of gadgetry that we've already had on and off issues with. You will need an extended warrenty for this car if its loads - way too many things that can go wrong. Already had problems with it not starting (had to do remote start). That happened twice. Passenger side blind spot radar was not operating for a day - nice alert on the car to tell us that, but problem went away. Voice activated climate control didn't work - but, again, just once time. So, I'm assuming these little problems will add up. But, overall, a great car, great power for a 4 cylinder - that ecoboost is nice. You will not be disappointed by this car. Just don't expect all that fancy smancy stuff to work all the time.

2013 ford escape

by frustrated from Kingston | March 20, 2015

I am happy with everything about this car except the fuel economy. I traded in a Jeep Grand Cherokee because I was getting 19 mpg in the city. I now get 15 mpg in my escape. In the summer it goes up to 19mpg and on the hyw it may get a little over 20mpg. I took it in for an oil change today and asked the service adviser if there was something they could check. He said, if you have a service light on, or you have a complaint about the way it is driving we can check that. Ford has instructed us to stick to warranty procedures. What?? Just hook it up to your engine machine and see if it is working properly. Not happy with Ford right now.

A couple major issues.

by The everyman from Santa Cruz, CA | February 16, 2015

I bought my vehicle last month and so far have enjoyed owning it. I feel it rides smooth, fits my needs and is enjoyable to be in. However I think most people want to know the hidden things about a car that aren't apparent on the lot that pop up later, as we all have different views of personal fit. A few of the issues I have discovered since owning it: 1) The voice recognition software is worthless. Truly. Ford should be embarrassed by the low quality of this feature. Most reviews online also say the user interface of the media system is needlessly confusing. Those reviews are correct. It could have been built far simpler. 2) There is no storage compartment in the vehicle. For example, in my previous Subaru when you lifted the rear flooring to expose the spare, there was extra space to store jumper cables, a spare gas can, etc. This vehicle has no extra storage space, and I have to put these items in a container in the back which then takes up half of the rear. 3) Here's the biggie. The antena is mounted in the middle of the rear of the vehicle, right inline with the roof rack. The antena is flexible for when you want to put something on the roof rack and not break it, like say a kayak, SUP, surf board, etc. However if anything comes into contact with it at all, THE ENTIRE MEDIA SYSTEM IN THE VEHICLE STOPS WORKING!!! There is no avoiding it. See #1 for the poor quality of it to start. Once you notice this design flaw it is so obvious how bad it is. 4) My car sticker showed 24/32. Having driven an exact mix of city and highway, the mileage I currently am showing per mile with 2500 miles on it is 26.5. Less overall than what it should be.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

I HATE IT

by LOVE THE OLD ESCAPES from BUFFALO,NEW YORK | February 10, 2015

ITS VERY BAD IN THE SNOW, THE HEATER DOES NOT WORK WELL, THE GAS MILES STINKS ONLY 24 ON HIGHWAY, NOT MUCH ROOM IN THE FRONT AND BACK, I ALWAYS HAVE FORD ESCAPE SINCE 2001, THE NEWER ONES STINK I NEVER EVER BUY ONE AGAIN , AFTER THE WINTER GOING TO TRADE IT IN

Disappointed after 2.5 years

by Disappointed after 2.5 years from Minnesota | February 1, 2015

This was great my first 2 years driving it...besides all the recalls. It's hard finding the time to drop off your car when it's over an hour away to the closest Ford dealership. Now in my 3rd year driving it I have had tons of issues. The major issue is that it has died tons of times this winter. We also have a 2010 Escape that is started with a key and haven't had a single starting issue with that one. My car has been completely unreliable this winter. The push button seems to be a big downfall for winter starting. My car has also said No key detected a few times which meant I was unable to drive my car again. I have had a lot of trouble with the Bluetooth music connection in my third year having it. Didn't have issues before. My screen inside my car shuts off by itself all the time. It also freezes and won't do anything. My USB charger works sometimes not always. I took my car in yesterday to take care of an engine recall and they said that would take care of my starting issues....this morning it won't start so I will need to take it in again. I will be looking to trade in this car ASAP.

Perfect vehicle for a family

by family man from Randleman, NC | January 31, 2015

This vehicle is amazing. It rides really smooth and the turbo on the ecobooat has plenty of power. I am not the type that cares so much about looks, but it is more modernized than most of the vehicles on the market for this class of vehicle. The only problem I have with the car is I am a fairly tall an and it would be nice to have adjustable pedals. But other than that it is a really nice car. I see a lot of people complaining about gas mileage but the mileage is good for its class of vehicle. Your not going to get 40 mpg from an SUV. It gets a lot better mileage than our other SUV so I can't complain. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone.

The best purchase I've ever made!

by ecrea280 from Washington, NJ | January 25, 2015

I bought my 2013 Ford Escape SEL Ecoboost 4WD two weeks ago and I can not say enough how much I love it! The heated seats are a god sent with how cold it has been, I love that they have 5 settings. The heat works great as well! I love the way the Escape drives, very smooth. It handles excellently in the snow, I have had no problems due to the Intelligent 4WD. The touch screen is wonderful, I can use the Bluetooth, navigation, change the climate from it, the whole 9 yards. I am getting used to the foot activated lift gate, but my boyfriend has no problem with it. On my Escape I have the Automatic start along with the push button start. The Escape was the only car I was looking at due to my boyfriend telling me how much he loved his Ford F150. I used to drive a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder so I know how bad a car can get and getting this Escape, it is like paradise!! I would recommend this car to anyone who asks, I could not be happier with it. I always offer to drive now as well due to getting 27 MPG in the city (I live in a farming county so not really city) and over 30 on the highway!

Love my 2013 Ford Escape Titanium! (purchased in D

by Tara's Escape from Everett, MA | December 29, 2014

My car was on its way out so I started researching cars and SUVs (I wasn’t sure what I wanted at first). I wanted to make sure that my next car/SUV was going to very reliable, safe and last me for a very long time. I didn’t take this decision lightly. I could not even tell you how many dealerships I visited during this time. I test drove a lot of cars and SUVS (not just Ford). Out of all the dealerships I went to, I had such a great car-buying experience with Wayside Ford in Marlboro, MA. I did not feel pressured and they were very patient with me (unlike many of the other dealerships). They were friendly and knowledgeable. I was very impressed that they were able to answer all of the questions that I threw at them without having to ask someone else. I was also greeted by the manager, Silvio Ruisi, very shortly after I arrived (usually you only meet the manager when you are discussing the price of the vehicle). My final decision was on a 2013 Ford Escape Titanium. It is so much fun to drive. I went from a sedan to an SUV and was concerned with how I would feel in a taller vehicle. The Escape does not sit too high and I felt very comfortable. The handling is amazing. When I take a sharp turn, I do not feel like I am hanging onto the road with only two wheels. The vehicle itself is beautifully designed and very sporty. The interior of this SUV is stunning and caught my eye immediately. Everything is designed to make it easier for the driver. There are so many different ways of doing things. For example, I can change the radio channel from the steering wheel, the touch screen or using the manual buttons. The cargo space was a blessing during the Christmas season. I have some amazing options (keyless entry, push button start, voice commands, back-up camera, remote starter, panoramic roof, heated seats, etc.). It even has ambient lighting in several different colors. Once I decided I wanted to purchase the 2013 Ford Escape Titanium (only 21,000 miles), I met with Silvio Ruisi, the Manager, and Steve Piro, the car salesman, to have a final discussion of the sale. We worked out a reasonable price. However, I was concerned with having a car payment again since I haven’t had one for years. Silvio Ruisi had me meet with David Marcoux, the Finance Manager. He went over all of my payment options and we chose the best one for me. I voiced my concerns that the original warranty would end in 16,500 more miles. He went over the extended warranty options. We worked the extended warranty into my loan and I am now covered up to 75,000 miles! My monthly payments are very reasonable. Although it stinks to have a car payment again, it’s great to know that I am covered if anything arises (I will not have to dish out a $1,000 here or there like I did for my old car). After the financial aspect of the car process was over. Steve Piro, the car salesman, showed me how to work everything in the Escape. This was a little bit of a learning process for me because I have been driving an older car for so long, all of these features were very new to me. He was very patient and showed me how to do voice command, radio, navigation, syncing my phone, utilizing the back-up camera, etc. I felt like I had a Ford Escape lesson before I left that day. Silvio Ruisi, the Manager, checked in with me again before I left to make sure I felt comfortable with using all the functions of the Escape and wanted to make sure I was happy with the process. I was truly impressed with the customer service I received at this dealership. As you can tell, I actually kept their business cards. If you are in the market for purchasing a new vehicle, I would highly recommend purchasing at Wayside Ford in Marlboro, MA. The employees are well trained, friendly and give off a casual atmosphere feel where you do not feel pressured and can take your time making an informed decision. As for vehicles, I’m sure you can guess I am a fan of the Ford Escape. I absolutely love it!!!