2013 Ford Escape

2013 Ford Escape
Available in 7 styles:  2013 Ford Escape 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Don't do it. Too bouncy, vibrates, uncomfortable

by CA buyer from Elk Grove, CA | August 7, 2015

So sorry I bought this. Huge back pain due to vibration and bouncy ride. Seats not comfortable. Fun to drive, but already I can feel the transmission not performing smoothly when I shift to reverse. Looking to trade out as soon as possible.

Love my green Escape

by Escaper from Utah | June 27, 2015

It's used but only 6,000 miles and I am really enjoying my green Escape! It even has a sunroof! We looked at quite a few cars but loved the "Crushed glass" color of shimmery green.

I want to Escape!

by Breezy from High Springs, FL | May 28, 2015

My escape drives like a dream come true. There is a lot of new gadgets on the dashboard, but they are easy to learn. Highly recommend it to friends. Don't need to recommend it to my family as now there are three escapes in my family.

Great car, few problems

by FordEscapeLover from Leola, PA | May 1, 2015

Well, I love the new look of the Escape. My mom owns the top-of-the-line (loaded like a Titanium except for foot-activated liftgate and heated & cooled leather seats) SE 1.6L turbocharged EcoBoost with the Intelligent 4WD system. The EcoBoost feels like a V6, and sounds like a V8 thanks to the sound enhancement. The rear seats recline and increases my comfort. The only problem I have is that after sitting back there for a year every other week, the seats start squeaking when I sit on them or get off of them. The folding 40/60 seats are great! 67.8 cubic feet of storage is absolutely amazing. We moved with this thing, and it just is quite reliable. Though, a negative me and my mother are seeing is the acceleration. When she would go on the pedal, sometimes the car kicks into N (when this is not the case) and the car revs and doesn't move. She had called her dealer the other day, and they said that they can fix it, but it could be because SYNC needs an update. The best part about this car is the 4WD system. 16 milliseconds is fast. I have a feeling of safety with the 4WD. I now don't have to worry about my mom slipping and sliding around in snow, and possibly crash. VERY GREAT CAR, AND GREAT GAS MILEAGE (28 MPG best)!!! Well done, Ford!

2013 Ford Escape Titanium

by Ravens2012 from Washington D.C | April 21, 2015

I traded in my 2007 Acura MDX for my 2013 Escape Titanium in November of 2012. Our first child was on the way and we wanted something new and had a set budget. We are typically a Honda /Acura family and suffice to say we have not been dissapointed by this vehicle. Yes there have been a few recalls but otherwise this car has been pretty reliable. We love the 2.0 liter Eccoboost, ton's of power but at 21.3 mpg's it's not much more fuel efficient than the MDX was. However surprisingly it runs well on regualr gas even though it's a turbo engine. Either way the Escape has a ton of features, has been reliable and provides a good amount of space for the 3 of us and our 70lbs Boxer.We have no regrets.

Nice car, but a lot of gadgety can go wrong

by tom from Hickory Hills | March 22, 2015

I'm a month in to my purchase of a 2013 Escape SEL. Loaded with a lots of gadgetry that we've already had on and off issues with. You will need an extended warrenty for this car if its loads - way too many things that can go wrong. Already had problems with it not starting (had to do remote start). That happened twice. Passenger side blind spot radar was not operating for a day - nice alert on the car to tell us that, but problem went away. Voice activated climate control didn't work - but, again, just once time. So, I'm assuming these little problems will add up. But, overall, a great car, great power for a 4 cylinder - that ecoboost is nice. You will not be disappointed by this car. Just don't expect all that fancy smancy stuff to work all the time.

2013 ford escape

by frustrated from Kingston | March 20, 2015

I am happy with everything about this car except the fuel economy. I traded in a Jeep Grand Cherokee because I was getting 19 mpg in the city. I now get 15 mpg in my escape. In the summer it goes up to 19mpg and on the hyw it may get a little over 20mpg. I took it in for an oil change today and asked the service adviser if there was something they could check. He said, if you have a service light on, or you have a complaint about the way it is driving we can check that. Ford has instructed us to stick to warranty procedures. What?? Just hook it up to your engine machine and see if it is working properly. Not happy with Ford right now.

A couple major issues.

by The everyman from Santa Cruz, CA | February 16, 2015

I bought my vehicle last month and so far have enjoyed owning it. I feel it rides smooth, fits my needs and is enjoyable to be in. However I think most people want to know the hidden things about a car that aren't apparent on the lot that pop up later, as we all have different views of personal fit. A few of the issues I have discovered since owning it: 1) The voice recognition software is worthless. Truly. Ford should be embarrassed by the low quality of this feature. Most reviews online also say the user interface of the media system is needlessly confusing. Those reviews are correct. It could have been built far simpler. 2) There is no storage compartment in the vehicle. For example, in my previous Subaru when you lifted the rear flooring to expose the spare, there was extra space to store jumper cables, a spare gas can, etc. This vehicle has no extra storage space, and I have to put these items in a container in the back which then takes up half of the rear. 3) Here's the biggie. The antena is mounted in the middle of the rear of the vehicle, right inline with the roof rack. The antena is flexible for when you want to put something on the roof rack and not break it, like say a kayak, SUP, surf board, etc. However if anything comes into contact with it at all, THE ENTIRE MEDIA SYSTEM IN THE VEHICLE STOPS WORKING!!! There is no avoiding it. See #1 for the poor quality of it to start. Once you notice this design flaw it is so obvious how bad it is. 4) My car sticker showed 24/32. Having driven an exact mix of city and highway, the mileage I currently am showing per mile with 2500 miles on it is 26.5. Less overall than what it should be.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

I HATE IT

by LOVE THE OLD ESCAPES from BUFFALO,NEW YORK | February 10, 2015

ITS VERY BAD IN THE SNOW, THE HEATER DOES NOT WORK WELL, THE GAS MILES STINKS ONLY 24 ON HIGHWAY, NOT MUCH ROOM IN THE FRONT AND BACK, I ALWAYS HAVE FORD ESCAPE SINCE 2001, THE NEWER ONES STINK I NEVER EVER BUY ONE AGAIN , AFTER THE WINTER GOING TO TRADE IT IN

Disappointed after 2.5 years

by Disappointed after 2.5 years from Minnesota | February 1, 2015

This was great my first 2 years driving it...besides all the recalls. It's hard finding the time to drop off your car when it's over an hour away to the closest Ford dealership. Now in my 3rd year driving it I have had tons of issues. The major issue is that it has died tons of times this winter. We also have a 2010 Escape that is started with a key and haven't had a single starting issue with that one. My car has been completely unreliable this winter. The push button seems to be a big downfall for winter starting. My car has also said No key detected a few times which meant I was unable to drive my car again. I have had a lot of trouble with the Bluetooth music connection in my third year having it. Didn't have issues before. My screen inside my car shuts off by itself all the time. It also freezes and won't do anything. My USB charger works sometimes not always. I took my car in yesterday to take care of an engine recall and they said that would take care of my starting issues....this morning it won't start so I will need to take it in again. I will be looking to trade in this car ASAP.