2013 Ford Escape

Starting MSRP

Overall

Comfortable Drive

by High Plains Travler from | September 28, 2014

I bought this mainly for long distance travel in hauling my daughter's dorm stuff back and forth. It has not disappointed. Very comfortable for long trips. Really makes for a pleasant drive. Handles great loaded down on mountain curves. Once drove it over 16 hours in one highway stretch nonstop and was a comfortable drive. Gas mileage in town is disappointing. With a tail wind on the highway I can get up to 31 mpg, but that is the exception - more in the 26-28 mpg highway range. Also, air conditioning takes awhile to cool the vehicle and does not seem too powerful. Overall, have been very satisfied.

Love the Escape

by Chuck from Fergus Falls, MN | August 26, 2014

I have a '13 Escape Titanium 2.0L 4WD. The only complaint I have is fuel mileage. City mileage is not desirable, around 18 mpg. Luckily I don't drive in cities much; I drive a lot of rural highways at 55-60mph and in the summer I can obtain 28mpg with no air conditioning, and 26 with AC on. Winter driving in same conditions...22 mpg with minimal idling. Interstate driving is 24-26mph depending on wind. Mileage really fluctuates depending on wind! I have 28,000 miles on my Escape without a hiccup. It is extremely fun to drive, very powerful and I don't use the power too much....gas pig with the turbo spooling. Seats in the '13 Titanium are incredibly comfortable. I wish Ford would keep these seats in all models. I heard these seats were 1 model and 1 year...too bad for others. I have the towing package and it's fantastic. This vehicle tows my small boat very, very well over my previous Honda CR-V 2.0L motor. No comparison.

Escape the Junk

by Wished I could Escape! from Springtown, TX | August 25, 2014

I've had this vehicle for almost 2 years. Commute to work so put some mileage per year on a vehicle. I am now at 34,000 and issues are really starting. SYNC will not connect my phone, poor gas mileage, and the EcoBoost drives me crazy....or at least that's what the dealership claims it is. It hesitates in traffic to where there is the possibility of getting rear-ended or either surges if you accelerate beyond a crawl. I am upside-down on this vehicle or it would not be mine very much longer.

6th recall

by bqqmpa from Port Saint Lucie, Florida | August 7, 2014

battery, radio, nav system...ad nauseum...I should have known better to buy this thing. I had two Windstars and liked the interior space...when it started to rust after 5 years, then, things really started t fall apart...I thought Ford had mended their ways but they are still engineering the same old junk...I am trading this thing in and buying a Toyota Rav 4 tomorrow.

Love the car HATE the gas mileage

by okstevens from Ohio | July 23, 2014

Great car. Me and my wife love it. The bad news is the gas mileage is a lie. We bought the 2013 Escape over other brands because of the mileage. We travel to Florida from Ohio 3-5 times a year and were looking for something that was comfortable with good gas mileage. This is a great car but the gas mileage is about 30% under what it states.

UNHAPPY

by LISA B from Corona CA | June 30, 2014

I purchased my car less than 8 months ago. It has been in the shop 7 times and now has to go back in again. The vehicle kept either surging or stalling on the freeway. The dealer could fix the problem till the fifth visit. The power steering went out while I was driving so I had to turn the car off and on to get it to work. Now the AC isnt working. I complained to Ford and got an extended warranty but still have to pay $100 every time I go in there. I compained and stated that the warranty should have no deductible if any of the same problems kept happening and they would not budge. I would avoid buying this car. Very unhappy. Purchased American but unhappy with my decision.

Great vehicle except for mpg's

by Life Long Ford Fan from SE Wisconsin | June 28, 2014

I only hesitate to give it 5 stars due to mpg's. Supposed to get 26/32 and have not reached even 25 in the month we've owned it. Otherwise the vehicle exceeds all expectations. The "My Touch" is a bit clunky but that's not why we bought the vehicle anyway.

Not satisfied

by Kkoehn from McPherson, KS | June 18, 2014

My 2013 Escape was specially ordered. I love the style and the extras... Don'T buy this vehicle for the fuel mileage. We purchased the Eco-boost and expected to at least at times reach above 30 mpg. I drive mainly interstate and get 25 mpg; never reached above 30 except once in the last 18 months across a flat Nebraska with a very strong tail wind pushing me. As I bought this vehicle for the mpg mainly, I'm obviously very disappointed.

Escape Yes

by 3rd generation driver from west michigan | June 14, 2014

This is a solid, do-it-all vehicle. Handling is firm and steady- which is what always held me back from liking SUV's. Very comfortable for a long vacation trip. Like the Front drive best, so fw really need the AWD option. Great acceleration. Radio takes some getting used to, but it provides good stereo sound and is nicer than the competitors' radios. Clever storage spots under the back deck near the spare, about 6 of them too. You would be surprised. Great vehicle overall, no disappointments whatsoever. Have been driving this Ford for about 2 months now.

2013 Ford Escape is the BEST small SUV EVER!

by Happpy Owner of a 2013 Ford Escape from Lakeland, MN | June 4, 2014

I would rate this vehicle 10 stars not just the 5. I did research for a couple months before purchasing this vehicle, and everything that I researched was spot on. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a smaller SUV with amazing gas mileage, and the comfort is spot on as well. The best part is my daughter has a 65 lb laberdoodle and he fits perfectly in the back with the seats down with my small little 15 lb dog. They even have room to play too. If you are looking for an awesome dealership, go to Hudson Ford in Hudson Wisconsin. I worked with Jason Kahl, and he totally respected my time. The whole process took less than an hour. I bought my previous car through a different dealership, however used Hudson Ford for my repairs. The repair shop I would rate 10 stars as well. Everyone at this dealership is there to help with whatever you need. Amazing experience and loving my new wheels.