We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2014 Ford Escape

2014 Ford Escape
Available in 5 styles:  2013 Ford Escape 4dr FWD shown

Overall

@014 Ford Escape - excellent value

by JimyP from northern NJ | September 4, 2016

Stylish, solid handling with outstanding persormance in a compact SUV. The 2L I04 (DOHC, direct injection, turbo) puts out 240hp, making it the fastest, hands down, compact SUV. Better with 4WD to avoid torque over-steer. Handles very well - surprising. Excellent visibility and breaking - important to me. At 65mph I'm turing only about 1,800-1,900 rpm so good mileage on highway. City stop and go is 15mpg here in norethern NJ. Good cargo capacity. Back seats not too comfortable but I have little use of such. My 2L came with slightly over-sized tires which I liked and were needed. All in all, amazing vehicle and I heartily recommend.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

excessive noise

by joytotheworld from texas | August 10, 2016

my 2014 Ford Escape has alot of air noise. The engine runs loud, sounds like a diesel, inside and outside the vehicle. the dealer says that's normal for this year. would like to hear from other owners.

2014 Escape

by My 2014 Escape from Imperial, CA | August 9, 2016

I traded my 2005 Escape XLT for a 2014 Escape S. Even though my new Escape is the lowest category, it has the most important thing--Cruise Control. It also has the basic tech package and backup camera. I got this baby with 17900 miles so it still feels and drives like new. The seats are manual but very comfortable. It fits 5 people and it has leg room in the back row. I am very happy with this acquisition.

I like it

by MrsT from Vallejo, CA | February 8, 2016

My 2014 Escape SE 2.0 is a nice little vehicle. I am a small woman, so the seats, foot wells, and dash design fit me very well. I still struggle with a couple of blind spots in the front cabin, but that just makes me a bit more cautious. Love the rear camera with parking assist. I wish there was an interior hatch release, but with all that it does have (SYNC, nav system, nice audio system, 2 USB ports plus an outlet, comfortable seats both front and rear), it's great. I'm looking forward to towing my pop-up trailer with the factory installed Escape tow package, although I do wish a 7 pin harness was provided instead of the 4 pin. I haven't owned a Ford for decades, and I'm very happy with this one.

Pleased with my Escape

by Curmudgeon51 from KCMO | December 28, 2015

Bought my Escape brand new in Nov. 2013. I've had no issues with the vehicle, seems quiet enough ride for a SUV, sight lines are good and mileage is even a little better than advertised. Only bothersome thing is the position of the ignition and dash design could be better. Seems like the damned rear window wiper comes on everytime I touch anything close to the switch.

So Far So Good

by PB from Illinois | December 23, 2015

Traded a 2007 Freestyle which was an excellent vehicle. At first I was not so sure I made the right decision. Owned Fords/Mercs since 1956. Purchased a 2014 SE 1.6 EccoBoost with 17k. Handling and driving the car is just great.Plenty of power for a 4 cyl. Avg for driving around town is 27.1 mpg. On the highway 31. I like the controls which are easy to use,The ride is not as good as a bigger vehicle,but acceptable.So far zero problems and happy with the vehicle.I would recommend to a anyone who needs a roomy smaller SUV that's likes pulling into a gas station and fills up for 20$. I drove the Escape and the Edge before the deal and did not care for the view of the road in the Edge.

great suv

by ford guy Now from Ogden Quebec | August 22, 2015

Have had this vehicle nearly a year now. I have the 2.0 L all wheel drive. Great power from this engine. The all wheel drive in the winter is super. Live in Quebec where we get plenty of snow. In the first 8 months I was little disappointed with gas mileage only getting avg 25 mpg. But after 2 oil changes we went on a 2200 mile road trip and got 29.4 mpg. Now our avg is about 27 mpg. Yes there could be an arm rest for the driver. and there isn t a lot of storage in the front. but I love this vehicle and I would recommend this vehicle

Sad little car

by truth1 from Florida | August 18, 2015

Good gas mileage, easy to handle. 18 months and 16 thousand miles and I gave up. Horrible ride, road noise very high. Last car I had that rode this bad was an old Model A Ford.

ecoboost engine rules

by American Made from chicago IL | May 28, 2015

I love the ecoboost engine. Great power! Great gas mileage! Sleek vehicle! Comfortable and stylish!!

I like it

by Pat from Battle Creek MI | April 11, 2015

10,000 miles on my 2014 escape - gas mileage is fine get 400 miles on a tank- as in other reviews it needed a arm rest for driver ,place for your phone- the tow bar was an option that I needed once it wasn't there . (stuck in snow) should have gotten the all-wheel drive living in michigan. - pulled the rear-hatch down hard one time and the moulding pulled loose ,other than that I am very happy with it