2014 Ford Escape

Available in 5 styles:  2013 Ford Escape 4dr FWD shown

Overall

I like it

by MrsT from Vallejo, CA | February 8, 2016

My 2014 Escape SE 2.0 is a nice little vehicle. I am a small woman, so the seats, foot wells, and dash design fit me very well. I still struggle with a couple of blind spots in the front cabin, but that just makes me a bit more cautious. Love the rear camera with parking assist. I wish there was an interior hatch release, but with all that it does have (SYNC, nav system, nice audio system, 2 USB ports plus an outlet, comfortable seats both front and rear), it's great. I'm looking forward to towing my pop-up trailer with the factory installed Escape tow package, although I do wish a 7 pin harness was provided instead of the 4 pin. I haven't owned a Ford for decades, and I'm very happy with this one.

Pleased with my Escape

by Curmudgeon51 from KCMO | December 28, 2015

Bought my Escape brand new in Nov. 2013. I've had no issues with the vehicle, seems quiet enough ride for a SUV, sight lines are good and mileage is even a little better than advertised. Only bothersome thing is the position of the ignition and dash design could be better. Seems like the damned rear window wiper comes on everytime I touch anything close to the switch.

So Far So Good

by PB from Illinois | December 23, 2015

Traded a 2007 Freestyle which was an excellent vehicle. At first I was not so sure I made the right decision. Owned Fords/Mercs since 1956. Purchased a 2014 SE 1.6 EccoBoost with 17k. Handling and driving the car is just great.Plenty of power for a 4 cyl. Avg for driving around town is 27.1 mpg. On the highway 31. I like the controls which are easy to use,The ride is not as good as a bigger vehicle,but acceptable.So far zero problems and happy with the vehicle.I would recommend to a anyone who needs a roomy smaller SUV that's likes pulling into a gas station and fills up for 20$. I drove the Escape and the Edge before the deal and did not care for the view of the road in the Edge.

great suv

by ford guy Now from Ogden Quebec | August 22, 2015

Have had this vehicle nearly a year now. I have the 2.0 L all wheel drive. Great power from this engine. The all wheel drive in the winter is super. Live in Quebec where we get plenty of snow. In the first 8 months I was little disappointed with gas mileage only getting avg 25 mpg. But after 2 oil changes we went on a 2200 mile road trip and got 29.4 mpg. Now our avg is about 27 mpg. Yes there could be an arm rest for the driver. and there isn t a lot of storage in the front. but I love this vehicle and I would recommend this vehicle

Sad little car

by truth1 from Florida | August 18, 2015

Good gas mileage, easy to handle. 18 months and 16 thousand miles and I gave up. Horrible ride, road noise very high. Last car I had that rode this bad was an old Model A Ford.

ecoboost engine rules

by American Made from chicago IL | May 28, 2015

I love the ecoboost engine. Great power! Great gas mileage! Sleek vehicle! Comfortable and stylish!!

I like it

by Pat from Battle Creek MI | April 11, 2015

10,000 miles on my 2014 escape - gas mileage is fine get 400 miles on a tank- as in other reviews it needed a arm rest for driver ,place for your phone- the tow bar was an option that I needed once it wasn't there . (stuck in snow) should have gotten the all-wheel drive living in michigan. - pulled the rear-hatch down hard one time and the moulding pulled loose ,other than that I am very happy with it

Comfort and practical

by Lady driver from Naples, FL | April 9, 2015

I am so glad I opted for an Escape! I had one years ago and am amazed so many improvements have been made!

Outstanding vehicle for me

by SUV Lover from Bradenton, FL | March 23, 2015

I leased a 2014 Escape Titanium in October, 2013 and have 15k miles on it now. I've been a Ford SUV owner for years, with 2 Explorers, and 2 Escapes in the last 13 years, including the hybrid Escape. I love this car! Good mileage for me, as I get over 28 mpg at 75 mph on the highway here in Florida. Overall, I'm getting a little over 27 mpg. Sync works well for me, I love being able to use the hands free to set destinations, make calls, and change stations on Sirius XM. The 2.0 Turbo engine is extremely useful when trying to pass on I-75. Good styling, and very comfortable to drive (I've driven it from Florida to Michigan in complete comfort, and I'm a big guy). Sound system is better than the 2011 Cadillac SRX (which I traded in on my 2012 Escape Hybrid), with more than enough oomph to fill up the car while driving. Very quiet car as well, as it's easy to have conversations at highway speeds without having to yell. It would be nice to have more room in the back, and it would be nice to have the back window open separately from the entire hatch, but you can't have everything. I'm seriously thinking of buying this car when the lease ends.

Love my Escape

by CarGuy12065 from Clifton Padk, NY | February 27, 2015

Purchased a brand new 2014 Escape Titanium last May and very happy with it. I have not had a recall on it nor have I had a single problem in the 18,000 miles I've already driven it. I live in upstate NY where we've had a terrible winter and it has done well in the snow, although I do think it could use better all-season tires. I have the 19" wheels and there aren't many options come replacement time. Pros: -peppy and fuel efficient (I have the 1.6 and average about 22-23 mpg in a mix of driving--I always tend to average the city mpg on my cars) -roomy -reliable -very nice styling inside and out; interior has great materials -high-end features; love the hands-free lift gate-don't know how I lived without it! Also love the panoramic roof. Cons: -does get a bit pricey, but is in line with competitors' -could use some additional features; would like to aee a power passenger seat and heated steering wheel available (both available on Fusion and Focus even offers a heated steering wheel)