2014 Ford Escape

Starting MSRP

Overall

I like it

by Pat from Battle Creek MI | April 11, 2015

10,000 miles on my 2014 escape - gas mileage is fine get 400 miles on a tank- as in other reviews it needed a arm rest for driver ,place for your phone- the tow bar was an option that I needed once it wasn't there . (stuck in snow) should have gotten the all-wheel drive living in michigan. - pulled the rear-hatch down hard one time and the moulding pulled loose ,other than that I am very happy with it

Comfort and practical

by Lady driver from Naples, FL | April 9, 2015

I am so glad I opted for an Escape! I had one years ago and am amazed so many improvements have been made!

Outstanding vehicle for me

by SUV Lover from Bradenton, FL | March 23, 2015

I leased a 2014 Escape Titanium in October, 2013 and have 15k miles on it now. I've been a Ford SUV owner for years, with 2 Explorers, and 2 Escapes in the last 13 years, including the hybrid Escape. I love this car! Good mileage for me, as I get over 28 mpg at 75 mph on the highway here in Florida. Overall, I'm getting a little over 27 mpg. Sync works well for me, I love being able to use the hands free to set destinations, make calls, and change stations on Sirius XM. The 2.0 Turbo engine is extremely useful when trying to pass on I-75. Good styling, and very comfortable to drive (I've driven it from Florida to Michigan in complete comfort, and I'm a big guy). Sound system is better than the 2011 Cadillac SRX (which I traded in on my 2012 Escape Hybrid), with more than enough oomph to fill up the car while driving. Very quiet car as well, as it's easy to have conversations at highway speeds without having to yell. It would be nice to have more room in the back, and it would be nice to have the back window open separately from the entire hatch, but you can't have everything. I'm seriously thinking of buying this car when the lease ends.

Love my Escape

by CarGuy12065 from Clifton Padk, NY | February 27, 2015

Purchased a brand new 2014 Escape Titanium last May and very happy with it. I have not had a recall on it nor have I had a single problem in the 18,000 miles I've already driven it. I live in upstate NY where we've had a terrible winter and it has done well in the snow, although I do think it could use better all-season tires. I have the 19" wheels and there aren't many options come replacement time. Pros: -peppy and fuel efficient (I have the 1.6 and average about 22-23 mpg in a mix of driving--I always tend to average the city mpg on my cars) -roomy -reliable -very nice styling inside and out; interior has great materials -high-end features; love the hands-free lift gate-don't know how I lived without it! Also love the panoramic roof. Cons: -does get a bit pricey, but is in line with competitors' -could use some additional features; would like to aee a power passenger seat and heated steering wheel available (both available on Fusion and Focus even offers a heated steering wheel)

Wish I could drive it....

by Yikes! from MD | February 27, 2015

At 16K miles my check engine light came on and my auto start did not work. It has been in the shop for a week and they can not fix it. They said my gas tank is not staying pressured correctly. They may have to send an engineer from Ford to help figure it out. I have to say they are trying to fix it but I should not be having this issue with a new car. I love the car but now I do not trust it.

Some Dislikes !

by DUALCAM60 from IN THE OZARKS | February 27, 2015

2013 SE 1.6 Sharp style - Harsh Ride - Too narrow foot well Terrible ignition placement- Verticle dash vents suck ! 1.6 Litre has enough pep for me, I drive using commom sense get good gas mileage. 33 / 35 on The road.

very good vechile

by carlie from marshfield wi | January 27, 2015

I love my new escape iwill always recommend my ford escape to my friends and family. it handles and drives so well in the winter.

Horrible little vehicle

by AARP from Ellington, CT | January 27, 2015

Biggest mistake of my life buying this car. Owned a 2001 which ROCKED. Still own a 2009 which is a good little vehicle. This one is AWFL. Lucky if I get 17 miles to the gallon. Live in a hilly area and the engine sounds like an elastic band is going to break going up a hill. Most I ever got was 211 miles on a tank of gas. Sad. The 6 cylinders I owned got better then that.

Great Car

by Ford Fan from Stewartstown, PA | January 15, 2015

I actually have a 2015 Escape. It is quiet, it handles well and it has plenty of power. I was surprised that it did not have an interior hatch release. It would be nice if it had a fold down arm rest on the right to make it more comfortable when driving. By the way, its great in the snow! Love the car!

Fix or Repair Daily

by Bent out of Shape from Baltimore, Md | January 2, 2015

Company purchased this vehicle for me to use as I travel for the organization 1200-1650 miles a week. Transmission went before 35K miles, Only get 20.5 miles to the gallon, 14 gallon tank is a joke, cannot pass a gas station with this vehicle. Its a shame because it is a nice ride however, I have had issues with Fords in the past and this one is true to form.