2014 Ford Escape

Starting MSRP

Overall

new gas millage :)

by Wanette Sims from Clanton Alabama | August 2, 2014

We love our new car color just pops. We have added vent guards over the windows & sun roof . WE have had front two windows tented. customs floor mats all way around. It is us now. I just went to VA road trip I only spent up there an back in gas what we would have spent in our Silverda in one way on trip. All our family & friends love car

Recent 2014 escape purchase

by D ZIMM from Canton, ohio | July 30, 2014

I am very pleased with my new car. My sellsman Steve Copper went beyond my expectations of a sales person. He is the best car salesman I have ever dealt with, and I have bought some cars. This is my second one with him. He will take great care of you I bought a 2014 escape went to a 2 liter engine, had a 2013 escape 1.6 engine due to all the recalls I got the 2014. Very happy with it. I k for bought it at downtown ford on Tusc in Canton. Ask for Copper he'll treat you right. .

BEST SMALL SUV ON THE MARKET!!!

by LSUGirl from Denham Springs, LA | July 24, 2014

Where to start? My husband bought me the FWD Titanium with 2.0 engine and ecoboost. I absolutely love it! With a very smooth but zippy ride, the excape is sooooo much fun to drive. The interior is very nice. I love all the "bells and whistles", too. The My Sync feature is so convenient. Media screen(nav, backup camera, and radio display) is of very nice size and quality. Unless you have a lead foot, you will get great mileage. I am averaging 24 city/32 highway. Engine power is not an issue. This thing can't wait to take off! As far as size, well I am 5 feet tall and my husband is 6 foot 4. We both feel very comfortable in the driver seat! You get a lot for your money!

Drives wonderful.

by Ford owner forever from Chicago IL. | July 23, 2014

Wonderful vehicle, comfortable interior, has enough room in the cargo area to hold everything I need. Love the back up camera feature. Sync is a wonderful necessary feature. I feel safe and secure with all the air bags this car comes with should I be involved in an accident. I cannot figure out why FORD did not have the lower rear panel above the dual exhaust pipes color match the rest of the vehicle like other car manufacturers did. There's also a mismatched panel under the front of the vehicle down low. I actually considered not buying the vehicle because of that. Love the looks and mileage I'm getting.

Love my car and my sales LADY!

by Natalie from cudahy | July 21, 2014

I had the best car purchasing experiance ever. Althought the dealership took a long time with getting the paper work complete for me to finalize the deal. My sales girl was wonderful she even went in the back and helped clean it so it would be perfect. Thank you Mary you get an A+++

Disappointed 3 months and 2500 miles in

by mistermanager7 from Midlothian, VA | July 14, 2014

Before purchasing our Ford Escape SE 1.6L, I did loads of research on this website and many other popular websites. It came down to the Forester, CX-5, and the Escape. This vehicle received (and continues to receive) positive reviews from many happy consumers. Try as I might, I just can't seem to find a seat at that cafeteria table and I find myself disappointed with our Escape. After a few months and 2500 miles in, I'd like to share my experience with you good people... Good: -Fun to drive: car responds nicely and has good agility and pep for the 1.6L engine. The ride is smooth enough to not deter many newcomers to the Small SUV category, and probably please many of those who are coming from older SUVs. -Standard features: While back-up cameras and Bluetooth connectivity are becoming standard on just about everything - even those little orange cars we all had as children - I'm still calling this a Pro because I am easily impressed and think they're neat (also I needed at least one other thing to make an official list) Bad: -Gas mileage: They advertise an estimated 32/24 mileage with the 1.6L EcoBoost engine and I am only getting 21 mpg on the highway. I pay close attention to my acceleration rate and speed consistency, and despite my diligence, still do not see improved results. After raising this to the service department at my dealership, the Tech that worked on my car for separate issues mentioned she is experiencing the same issues with her 2014 Escape. It's good to have some company but I would like it to be under better pretenses. -Ford SYNC: Ford SYNC? More like Ford...STINK (get it?) Rib cracking humor aside, I took my car in for a recall for a software update. After picking the car up from the dealership I noticed the clock was 3 hours behind. I assumed this was just reset to Pacific Time because it's software and wants to be with all the cool software in Silicone Valley. Turns out this was the time it was actually reset, and the clock was frozen that time. I was unable to change it and need to return to the dealership or buy a watch. -Fuel Range: I mentioned the mileage a little earlier and this would not be such a problem if I were getting the EPA estimated numbers. Even still, I think the tank they used (13-14 gallons) is a little small for this sized car. With the mileage I'm getting right now I'm lucky to smell 300 miles/tank. Really I'm coming in around 260 miles before I fill up again. This is our first Ford and will probably be the last one for us (barring any give-aways or generosity from strangers). Don't get me wrong, I have respect for Ford given that they were the only American car company to not accept the Government bail-out; however, my admiration stops shortly after that fact. As I mentioned at the beginning, a number of reviewers have been having a lot of success and fun with this car, and for that I am happy. While researching your next purchase know that good or bad, everyone has their own individual experiences with their vehicle. I hope you find this and the contradicting positive reviews helpful.

OK but has issues SE model

by KY Steve from Ashland,KY | July 12, 2014

Good Decent performance and fuel mileage Bad. No AC for rear seat Weird to adjust AC vents to get AC to rear Tiny backup camera, too far from driver Parcel shelf blocks camera if used Tiny center console storage but console is huge No rear seat cup holders unless center armrest down Sync quirky, does not understand you To control all functions driver has 73 buttons to learn Glove box will dump contents when opened,it has a shelf and things roll out Poor lighting in cargo area, on side wall, not roof. Giant windshield,almost impossible to clean.and distracting reflection of giant dash under it.

Ruby red

by Thrifty from Oregon | July 5, 2014

I have wanted this car ever since I saw a commercial on TV showing it and the many new features but I just had to have it. It took me over a year to decide and sale my other vehicles but when I saw the lift gate that opens with just a touch of your foot and the back up camera I was definetly hooked. I went with the navigation package but didn't get the big skylight I don't use them much so I knew I would get more use out of the other features I went with. It's a very nice car or SUV very comfortable and it has so many things that I am still trying to figure out how to use everything I'm very happy with my new purchase the mileage is still a lot lower than it said which was a big reason I also went with this brand but I've only used one tank of fuel and got almost 17 mpg not even close to 25 or 30 but hopefully it will get better

Most reliable, advance and economic car I've owned

by My Silver bullet from South Carolina | July 5, 2014

Its very smooth, dependable, and technologically smart creating a simple and easy to manage/maintain car.

Nice little car

by Jimsutton from SE Iowa | June 30, 2014

We liked the '03, so upgraded to the '14. Wanted all wheel capability but also a reasonable mpg. We opted for the 1.6 4 cylinder and so far, no regrets. Very little downshifting on inclines and appears it will easily do the 30 mpg hwy. This car (SE) was on the dealer lot and liked the installed options,. however, the power lift tailgate does not mean the no-hands option which I guess is only on the Titanium. It has roof rails, but the crossbars are extra. It has the bigger screen in the dash which is nice with the Sirius navigation aids, but no maps unless you order "Navigation" option which uses an SD card. The SD card slot is there however. All in all, we are pleased with it and would recommend it. A far cry from the '03, but still lean toward the older styling.